yea my sideshow apes collection is complete....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine from wait list. I always thought wait lists were bogus until that happy day. My collection is, unfortunately, complete as well. This is unfortunate because I want more! :angelsmil

i have been on the wait list since day one, some how i don't think that one is going to pop up any time soon now ;) we can still hope for something else, or at least harass them a lot about it :banana

Congratulations on your purchase!

I too have that "bloody" Lawgiver statue... I lucked out and got number 100 out of 100. I usually don't give what number I get a second thought, but I liked that I got the LAST number of the LAST piece that was announced in the Ape line. Here's to hoping that it isn't the last piece....

However, my Vision Lawgiver is in it's box. I had him out for awhile posed with my Ursus. But my wife put her foot down. She doesn't mind that I have a whole room devoted to my stuff but draws the line at displaying bleeding statues for our five year old son to see. Given a couple of years... the Vision Lawgiver will rise again!

Besides the regular and bloody version of the statue, I did score a resin prototype of the statue awhile ago (see pic). VERY impressive! The resin picks up much more of the detail in the mold than the polystone did. He is SOOOO much more heavier too. He also has the incorrect scroll casing in his right hand that Sideshow later changed.

Last edited:
mine is #25 which i thought was a rather nice number as well! my biggest problem as you can see by the attached photo is where is it going to go in the ape display! what i had filled the alloted area up, granted they are a little cozy, but you should see the rest of my room lol (and eventually you will when i get around to taking some more pics!) really glad i got one since i missed out on the original sale...darn work keeps you from being around to buy toys :)

Space is becoming a valuable commidity for me as well.

Where the heck do you put THREE Lawgiver Statues? :horror :google

The picture advertised on the auction was the sideshow exclusive Zaius,
but i received the regular one.
Not happy.
The exclusive looks much better imo {the boots & shorter top}

Cool!! I was thinking of something similar, but I haven't heard back from the guy who might've made those heads......yet.

BTW, the Lawgiver is getting some decent sale prices now.

wetayourself said:
No reply as of yet.
I was thinking about getting three dr Zs and doing a see no, hear no, speak no evil dio.
I love that bit

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!:horror :google :horror :google :horror :google :horror :google

Sorry, Weta, you just hit a nerve! An old wound that has NEVER healed! I'm probably in the miniority here but... I HATE THAT SCENE!!!! It's the ONE scene that I would love to see cut from the film... the one flaw in the gem that is Planet of the Apes.

If you read the book Planet of the Apes Revisited, it's the one scene that most of the actors hated too. The scene was shot on a lark... it wasn't even in the script! I believe they were about to break for lunch when one of the producers (Mort Abrahams, I think) convinced them to film it... that it would be a good laugh during the dailies. Kim Hunter protested the filming of it, worried that the scene would become popular with the suits at Fox and would end up in the final cut. And she was right.

The correct version WAS filmed and discarded for the "joke". What would today be considered a great DVD outtake is forever part of that classic. :banghead

Sorry for the rant... couldn't be helped.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back