2010 Fifa World Cup Qualifiers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puay

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am a little surprise noone started a thread on this. Football(Soccer) being the most popular sport on the face of the earth.:lol

What a result for the US and Brazil. I am sure we will see both teams at South Africa 2010.:chew

Well, I'm pumped that Australia qualified for world cup again. It was a huge moment for us back in 06, but now I think it's just expected from us all the time. I could tell it wasn't as big a deal. Now I'm looking forward to seeing which other teams make it to 2010.

England will qualify if they beat croatia on wednesday :banana:banana

should be able to do it :cool:

Well, I'm pumped that Australia qualified for world cup again. It was a huge moment for us back in 06, but now I think it's just expected from us all the time. I could tell it wasn't as big a deal. Now I'm looking forward to seeing which other teams make it to 2010.

I bet Australia will be having regular appearances at World Cup finals, now that you guys are playing in the Asian Qualifiers.:)

Is anyone planning on going to South Africa next summer for the games? I've been considering it. I've needed an excuse to go to South Africa for a while now.

Is anyone planning on going to South Africa next summer for the games? I've been considering it. I've needed an excuse to go to South Africa for a while now.

I wonder what is the standard of living in South Africa like? I mean the cost of lodging and food.

theyre probably sold out already.

I went to world cup in korea/japan and it was sold out at least a year in advance. absolutely an insane experience though. so many freakin people and craziness everywhere!

I am a little surprise noone started a thread on this. Football(Soccer) being the most popular sport on the face of the earth.:lol

What a result for the US and Brazil. I am sure we will see both teams at South Africa 2010.:chew

You are right! It is the most popular sport in the world! But try to convince people in the USA of that:duh. I hope that now that the USA team is doing better, soccer will be as important as baseball, football & basketball in this country.

You are right! It is the most popular sport in the world! But try to convince people in the USA of that:duh. I hope that now that the USA team is doing better, soccer will be as important as baseball, football & basketball in this country.

Will never happen.

U sure? Give us your insight, please.

Soccer isnt and will never be accepted as a major sport here. Most find it boring watching 90 mins of back and forth with no scoring. Football,basketball,baseball,NCAA,nascar,hockey,boxing/mma all those will come before soccer here in the states. Ratings prove that. :cool:

I agree with bee. If Football, Basketball and baseball were not major sports in the US, i think the US would be pretty awesome at soccer.

We just don't have the following and passion for the sport as most of the rest of the world does.

England have once again done a good job of convincing their more idiotic supporters and the national media that they actually have a chance of winning a World Cup again as they beat Croatia 5-1 to ensure qualification.

I expect it'll be the same old story come the actual tournament though and they'll get their asses kicked as soon as they play somebody with a bit of genuine quality and all the plastic patriots that emerge every time there's a major tournament will be crying into their beer in due course :lol

Last edited:
Soccer isnt and will never be accepted as a major sport here. Most find it boring watching 90 mins of back and forth with no scoring. Football,basketball,baseball,NCAA,nascar,hockey,boxing/mma all those will come before soccer here in the states. Ratings prove that. :cool:

mmmmm... you still have not answered my question. You are talking about the present. I'm talking about the future and the possibility that if the USA starts upping their game and winning some cups, then people would become interested in the sport. Plus, as more immigrants from other countries where this is the main sport keep arriving to this country and adopt the US team as theirs (especially since their kids play in kiddie leagues here in the states), the more popular it'll become. I'm not saying this will happen next year, but maybe in 10 years it will reach major importance.

Back