The famous Anakin custom for sale on ebay...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes, that last one looks a little to buff for Anakin.. But the rest looks pretty dang good.

O dont bid on it, this is what a user on OSW Forums said:

DO NOT BID THIS AUCTION. I SAY AGAIN. DO NOT. NEVER. BECAUSE THIS IS A SCAM.

Since I am Korean, I've been to an korean figure community ("IFIGURE"), and have seen there an article about the figure-maker Vancei himself is extremely annoyed by this auction. He never planned to sell this figure using ebay, he is not going to sell the Anakin custom in the web, he will not make a figure to be sold in this way, (currently there are only five Anakin owners in Korea - none of them was) and he does not even know who started this auction. Currently he is trying to contact the ebay adminstrator. So, you will not get the figure by winning this auction, and it is not vancei's fault. Even the product photo was used without any permission.

The winner have to pay it first, and wait about 2 month.

Hmmm.....after such a long time of waiting, I'm pretty sure there's no possible way anymore to get your money back by either Pay-pal or your CreditCard company. Not even Ebay would be able to do anything about it. That little sentence alone should be enough for people to get a clue its a scam.

I'm with you B. As soon as I got to that sentence all the warning flags and whistles started going. Has scam written all over it.

I can't believe someone is willing to pay $900 for this crap.

That's funny, but that's what some people say about some of the Sideshow figures I own. To each his own.

Personally, if I had that must disposable cash, I'd get that Anakin for sure, but that's just me.

Eric

Last edited:
BDboystoys said:
O dont bid on it, this is what a user on OSW Forums said:

DO NOT BID THIS AUCTION. I SAY AGAIN. DO NOT. NEVER. BECAUSE THIS IS A SCAM.

Since I am Korean, I've been to an korean figure community ("IFIGURE"), and have seen there an article about the figure-maker Vancei himself is extremely annoyed by this auction. He never planned to sell this figure using ebay, he is not going to sell the Anakin custom in the web, he will not make a figure to be sold in this way, (currently there are only five Anakin owners in Korea - none of them was) and he does not even know who started this auction. Currently he is trying to contact the ebay adminstrator. So, you will not get the figure by winning this auction, and it is not vancei's fault. Even the product photo was used without any permission.

Who do you beleive? The problem is that the seller has over 80 feedback at 100%. I'm sure there is a story here we all don't know...but where? :confused:

Collector Freak said:
I can't believe someone is willing to pay $900 for this crap. :horror
What I can't believe is that you keep posting so disrespectfully!

Either post YOUR custom Anakin, which better have real hair that's better
than this 1, real leather parts, totally custom outfit AND A LIGHT UP LIGHTSABER...

OR SHUT THE @^#* UP!!

*ss*

I'm sorry, have opinions been outlawed in these parts?

And there is no need for me to make a custom, as I'm already getting the best Anakin out there:

2119_press01-001.jpg

And look at that! No freaky hair! :google

That post about not bidding could be a trick to prevent people from bidding. If 5 were made how does the creator know that one of the buyers hasn't decided to sell?

But why a 2 month wait? Perhaps it's a hijacked account, which could explain the good feedback. At any rate - too much for my wallet -- and what's with that chest? He buffed up, but he wasn't Bruce Lee.

Well, it could be a hijacked account. Mine was hijacked afer I sold the Spike figure a couple of months back. :(
Its definitely the best Anakin I've seen to date [sorry Sideshow] but there's no way I could ever afford one like it. The hair isn't freaky but readily adds to the abililty to believe the character is in mid fight with his opponent. It is quite an intense figure.

nonetheless..that korean guy that made it has wicked talent with hair and face sculpting.....that custom fig beats all anakins everywhere..I would love to have one..=):D

Why has no one else pointed out that the custom figure's costume isn't accurate? Anakin had a brown cloak, not a black one. Also, Anakin's pants were a much darker shade of brown. Anakin also didn't have that weird Navy blue undershirt like on the Japanese figure. The SS one is far more accurate to what is seen in the film.

For $1k+, I'd expect perfection.

I think it looks cool. The headsculpt and light-up saber are amazing but there's no freakin' way I'd fork over $900.00 bucks for a 12" action figure, even if I had the money to burn.

Back