2006 unannounced 12" predictions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought this would be a fun thread to predict the 12" dolls we suspect we'll see announced for 2006 and our reasons why. If you want to be more adventurous, try to predict just the revelations you expect for toy fair, the remaining Star Wars announcements, or whatever.
Considering what a surprise many announcements are, this thread may actually be a bit hard.

Here's my start:

1) I predict we'll be seeing a 12" Kolchak the Nightstalker doll announced at some point from Majestic Studios, if for no other reason they have already done two out of the three big Dan Curtis properties ("Dark Shadows", Zuli Warrior from "Trilogy of Terror") and seem to have a good relationship with him, and that character also seems up their alley and enjoying a slight resurgance with the DVD set, comics and novel.

While they could stop with just a Kolchak, I predict they would also make at least a Janos Skorzeny.

2) Frank Black from Millennium. The first Sideshow Frank Black doll was from "X-Files", not Millennium, and for a first time 1/6 make of fan favorite Lance Henriksen, met with pretty unfavorable reviews with how the finished piece turned out since they were using a different factory process to make him. Even Michael Crawford had it on his "worst of" 2006 list. I predict Sideshow will be taking a second shot at him in 2006, (also because of comments Lance made for his 2005 San Diego chat that made me feel that way too- specifically on how a Millennium version had yet to be made yet).

3) He may not make 2006, but I bet only Sideshow has the balls and the ingenuity to make a 1/6th scale Jabba the Hutt for us. Just watch!

Well, I don't foresee any "dolls" but as far as figures are concerned:
Kolchak? COOL!!!
MyCustomKolchak-02.bmp

I'd love to see Farscape, Firefly, Space:1999, and, of course, more Apes!!

These are not so much predictions, more like a wish list in 1/6th scale.

Finish Hogan's heroes!!!
Finish Platoon
more planet of the apes !!!!!
M*A*S*H
Star Trek (original series)
Indiana Jones!!!!!!
Combat

I know most of these are dreams. But then again Sideshow has already made many a dream come true.

Add Kolchak to my wish list.
I don't usually buy from anyone
but Sideshow but if they made
Kolchak I would be so there.

88th division said:
These are not so much predictions, more like a wish list in 1/6th scale.

Finish Hogan's heroes!!!
Finish Platoon
more planet of the apes !!!!!
M*A*S*H
Star Trek (original series)
Indiana Jones!!!!!!
Combat

I know most of these are dreams. But then again Sideshow has already made many a dream come true.

YES!!!! more planet of the apes !!!!! and more planet of the apes !!!!! and finish with more planet of the apes that includes the Apes TV series !!!!!

Same thing more of a wish-list for me:

LOST

The Sopranos

Seinfeld

The Godfather

Indiana Jones

Back to the Future

The Goonies

Clerks

Last edited:
Wish List for 2006,
Maleva the Gypsy
Ygor
Dracula's Daughter
General Aldo

Predictions,
Nothing but Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. *yawn*

For Buffy, I predict we'll finally see a Giles this year, and even a re-done Willow. There's no more Big Scoobies left to make besides Cordelia, (whom I'm surprised they didn't make one of before getting the Angel License), and Sideshow isn't sadistic.

For ANGEL, it's a given the series will need to launch with an Angel version from the show (at least within the first few releases). Here's to hoping Illyria and Lorne won't be the Giles of the Sideshow Angel line (but I'm sure one of them will be- sob!) and be the figure that gets held back!

Rather than create a new wish list, since I personally have done that time and again, I'll attempt to make predictions with a hit rate that would make Sylvia Browne envious, meaning I might just get something right (slightly exaggerated jab at Browne's expense). I have no inside knowledge so I can't make any hot readings, so I'll attempt cold ones as well as pepper in some wild guesses. If I miss on anything or everything, remember to blame it on velvet Elvis.

1. I'm getting a "P". Does anyone know of any character with a name that begins with a "P" or a "P" sound that could be a great idea for a future figure? No... Hmmm... Uh, does anyone have to urinate at all? Yes? Oh, well, that's what that stands for then. Sorry, these powers are strange, even to me.
2. Sideshow will produce Giles for the Buffy line.
3. James Bond will return but briefly and near the end of the year. It will be a Sean Connery Bond figure to relaunch the line with a bang.
4. No one but myself will make a Jason Bernard as the Nightshade figure.
5. Sylvia Browne will lie. (Sorry, this has nothing to do with action figures. Along with #4, I just wanted to make some predictions that will probably come true.)
6. Darth Vader will round out the order of the Jedi, but not soon enough for many of us.
7. Out of 51 figures DML (Dragon Models Limited) will produce this year, 49 will be Germans. Sorry, I meant 50, the horse will be German, too.
8. Sideshow will announce a new license, and by "new", I mean old.
9. Sideshow will produce 1:6 scale Marvel action figures, see above.
10. Sideshow will once again change their name to reflect their new business venture. They will sell pictures of your aunt's vacation and rename their company Slideshow Collectibles. They will quickly revert back.
11. I'm such an ass. (Sorry, not a prediction.)
12. I'll continue to be an ass. (Now, there's the prediction.)
13. Future Art S. Buck releases will include numerous hand sculpts.
14. Sideshow will produce more modern horror film figures including Pinhead from "Hellraiser" and a Sideshow exclusive Dr. Loomis from "Halloween". No Darkman yet, and many will not care.
15. DML will release a line of Goth figures to compete against bbi's proposed line. It will be called "German Goths".
16. A Megatron figure in Takara's Binaltech/Hasbro's Alternators line will be produced. WTF?! I'll buy it anyway.

That's all for now. Where's my $750?

15. DML will release a line of Goth figures to compete against bbi's proposed line. It will be called "German Goths".

You can never have too many Goths...

Pretty funny PG.

Agent23 said:
Same thing more of a wish-list for me:

LOST

The Sopranos

Seinfeld

The Godfather

Indiana Jones

Back to the Future

The Goonies

YESSSS , SEINFELD FIGURES THAT WOULD BE AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the feeling that Sideshow has their resources tied to those BIG franchises (SW and LOTR) to hope for an addition any of their smaller figure lines... still I HOPE there are more APES in their future. Besides, I think the days of Sideshow's odd line announcements (Get Smart or Hogan's Heroes for example) are behind them. They have bigger fish to fry.

I predict that if (and it's a BIG IF) the fourth Indiana Jones film is mounted this year, that Sideshow has the 12" figure license locked up. Perhaps they will release figures from the first three films in a lead up to the fourth?

And the DVD sales might convince Sideshow to finally start the Serenity /Firefly line of 12'ers!

Did I say MORE Apes? PLEEEEASE!

I also predict that I will declare bankruptcy if Sideshow continues with all those great 12" Star Wars and Lord of the Rings announcements!

Wasn't someone rumored to be doing 12" Star Trek dolls in 2006 for Trek's anniversary? Is that still on? All I know know is I need a good "later years" Shatner to make a Denny Crane custom (I'll take suggestions!). "Boston Legal" freakin' RULES! I can't believe I want a lawyer doll, but hey, it IS Shatner!

DENNY CRANE!

Shaihulud said:
YESSSS , SEINFELD FIGURES THAT WOULD BE AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bigtime. That would be a line where I would buy every one made, no doubt.

Jerry
Elaine
Kramer
George
Newman
Soup-Nazi
George's Parents: Frank and Estel
David Puddy
Mr. Pitt
J. Peterman
Jackie Chiles - The Lawyer
Uncle Leo - HELLO!
Little Micky Abbott

to name a few....

William Shatners Toupee said:
Wasn't someone rumored to be doing 12" Star Trek dolls in 2006 for Trek's anniversary? Is that still on?
I think that there is still a "problem" with who can issue the license. Sad, 1:6 Trek figures have been terribly absent thoughout figure history. Mego's were ok for their time but those blasted knee joints and discoloring heads!!! And WTF was Playmates thinking coming out in the [then] height of 1:6 frenzy with oversized heads, molded on boots , no articulation and accessories that were too big even for their own product??

Back