Go With a Smile!! It's my Ultimate BATMAN 89' Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AsGoodAsIt_Gittes

Super Freak
Reaction score
UPDATE: I am now parting ways with my Joker figure, here is the sale's link:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT

Clearly, I have to charge more on Ebay because of the fees. Anyone interested on the forum, just pm me. I'll do $620 SHIPPED USPS PRIORITY, INSURED WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION!!

Here he is, the one, the only Jack Nicholson as The Joker from Tim Burton's 1989 masterpiece, BATMAN. Tell me how cool Jack Nicholson looks doing the Batdance NOW!

jokerbatdance.jpg

Last edited:
It took soooOOooo long to complete him. Well, it wasn't that long ago but it felt like an eternity to finish. I started in July of 2008, I first bought a V.2. Joker on Ebay, one of the last batch they had still circulating. It was a cool figure to start off, but because it was one of the last figures, it was cheaply made as opposed to the first dozen they made. My figure had so many flaws in terms of the clothing and the accessories. Everything was breaking. The paint on the gloves began to chip instantly after displaying the figure, for some reason they weren't coated with any protectant, and eventually the hands broke in half. Just like that!

The shoes didn't have laces like the originals. The orange shirt wasn't sewn correctly in several areas so the material could easily be unravled. So I had ways to travel before I could display my Joker proudly. I had to buy new gloves, I had to buy new accurate pants, a new sculpt, a hat for the sculpt, etc. Lots of money went into him, but he's my favorite piece in my 1/6 collection. Still wish he were more accurate but unless you have hundreds to spend, it ain't happening!

Very cool man, i'm ache-ing for some old batman HT stuff myself. Keaton tops my list though. A Keaton Bruce and Batman figure and a Jack, Napier and Joker figure, both in DX anyone?! :cool:

Very nice! Love that Joker! :D

I have basically the same components, but the bowtie and hankie you made look great. That's the one thing I still need to do.

Is that the shirt from the V1, or did you dye it? I have the V2 shirt but I still need to dye it more orange...but now that you've mentioned it comes apart that makes me nervous.

Also, is that one of Coco's hats or is it bashed from something else?

Anyway, great figure!

Very nice! Love that Joker! :D

I have basically the same components, but the bowtie and hankie you made look great. That's the one thing I still need to do.

Is that the shirt from the V1, or did you dye it? I have the V2 shirt but I still need to dye it more orange...but now that you've mentioned it comes apart that makes me nervous.

Also, is that one of Coco's hats or is it bashed from something else?

Anyway, great figure!

Thanks! I made the hankie and bowtie out of a silk material. I was originally going to make them and offer them to members of the forum, however, the material was being very difficult when cutting, and tying it, and I ended up putting a lot of labor into just one bowtie, so I knew I couldn't do the same thing multiple times. I mean, I could but I would charge an unreasonable amount for one bowtie and that's not saving anyone time or money.

I did buy one of Coco's hats, but I altered it, I'm actually still altering a few things on the hat. The Gloves are screen-accurate, I painted them myself. The Orange shirt is from a V2 Joker figure but I wouldn't mess around with the shirt, be happy you have one, because the moment you start obsessing, you could mess your outfit up by doing something foolish.

Like I did to my Joker Trenchcoat. I kept adding touch ups on my Joker head sculpt, never satisfied, I was too lazy to remove the clothes, and because I'm left handed, some black paint got onto my pinky when I was mixing my colors, and as I stood there touching up the eye so precisely, my hand soon began to grow tired, so I leaned my hand on the trenchcoat where I soon noticed a black smudge of paint on the coat. Imagine what I felt like doing at that instant:banghead So ENJOY your Joker figures, mine can no longer wear a trenchcoat, unless I manage to find another one for under $50 dollars.

I still may consider doing the blue silk Polka-dot hankies if anyone is interested. But I need to find a better material if I want to start making the bowties again.

I love the trench coat too, but I hate to cover up so much of the outfit with it... so I didn't end up using it anyway. So don't feel bad if you smudged it.

I love the trench coat too, but I hate to cover up so much of the outfit with it... so I didn't end up using it anyway. So don't feel bad if you smudged it.

I did want to recreate that parade Joker scene though, eventually I would have gotten the 1/6 money and tossed it all over his outfit and his base, which would have been cool no doubt about it.

"hubba, hubba, hubba, money, money, money, Who do you trust?" Me? I'm giving away free money, and where is the Batman?"....He's RIGHT HERE!

jokerandbatman.jpg

I did want to recreate that parade Joker scene though, eventually I would have gotten the 1/6 money and tossed it all over his outfit and his base, which would have been cool no doubt about it.

"hubba, hubba, hubba, money, money, money, Who do you trust?" Me? I'm giving away free money, and where is the Batman?"....He's RIGHT HERE!

jokerandbatman.jpg

ok...

A) no...he's at home, washing his tights! :D:lol

B) what batman figure is that? is it from customworkz? looks great

ok...

A) no...he's at home, washing his tights!

B) what batman figure is that? is it from customworkz? looks great

I know he's SUPPOSED to be at home washing his tights, but right now he's standing next to Jack!!

No, this Batman figure was not made by Customworkz, it was made by customizer, Henry Wayne. A very rare treasure for the avid 1/6 collector, I wanted one so badly back when they first came out, was lucky enough to save up for one, only took me 4 years to do so :lol

Both of those are beautiful.
I would love to see high end 1/6 Batman and Returns figures. For some reason the Retuns suit is my favorite. Ah, the good old days....:lol

Back