Props to Hulkfan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The SW 1/6 sculpts are, to my eye, all smashing. Mat's Luke is the best Hamill sculpt I think I've ever seen. I can't wait to see the Alec Guiness Obi-Wan at 1:6.

But it's Andy who's gotten the prequel figures off to such a huge start. I'm glad he got the assignment, and his sculpts of Hayden Christiansen and Ewan McGregor are pure frickin' VOODOO. Considering the frenzy on this board around both pre-orders...Andy, take a bow.

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Great work on the figures and all the other PF he sculpts. Great work!!!

Last edited:
I am a fan of Andy's work. He is so very talented and also friendly, I have seen him comment and answer questions here, on rebelscum and statue forum also. Thanks Andy and we are so glad you are working on our precious SW figures. :vader

I was even inspired to make a banner from them- rock on Andy :clap

banmainobi.jpg

tomandshell said:
Andy- I hope Sideshow treats you right! I don't want you going anywhere anytime soon...

I want him going somewhere all right!

Over to Cladio Setti's place to help him fix his Selene Statue. I can't wait anymore. :D I need a Kate Statue!!! :wacky

Those figures sure do look great! :fireworks

Now if only we could see some progress on a certain "other" project ... :D

Andy is the greatest. I was down on my luck and he found out about it and sent me a check card from his own bank account! Needless to say I was speechless. Next week I'll be heading out on an around-the-world trip thanks to Andy! Your the best, bro! :naughty

I don't think I've seen a bad sculpt by Andy. Some bad paint on the sculpts, but not the sculpt. Thats not his fault anyway. Keep up the great work Andy!

I guess this is why we haven't seen some of your stuff from Sideshow for a while. You've been working in secret.

FlyAndFight said:
Andy is the greatest. I was down on my luck and he found out about it and sent me a check card from his own bank account! Needless to say I was speechless. Next week I'll be heading out on an around-the-world trip thanks to Andy! Your the best, bro! :naughty

Dude, take a closer look at that card... It's actually just a gift certificate to Applebee's. I still hope it cheers you up though. :D

Seriously though.... My face is 3 shades of red right now, you are all too much. I really don't deserve this kind of praise (I'm gonna get so much crap from the other guys, I can feel it... :) ), but I sincerely appreciate it! You just wait though... I may have had a good streak recently, but I'm certainly capable of failure as much as the next guy (just don't tell Sideshow). I hope I can continue to live up to everyone's expectations!

No Andy, you do deserve this praise. Today is your day of glory. I've tried sculpting and it is hard. It takes talent to make stuff this good. I just can't believe the likenesses on CSM, Skinner, Obi-Wan, and Anakin. They are amazing.

I love Andy's work! His 1/6 sculpts are simply outstanding. Now if Sideshow can find a way to maintain good quality paint jobs from prototype to production, their figures will be perfect!

I also really appreciate Andy's participation in these forums. It's not very often that fans and customers have a chance to talk with actual artists from within a company. It means a lot! And I have much confidence that he will use his previous experience to his advantage and make a great, GREAT looking 1/6 Han Solo! :D

Last edited:
Buttmunch said:
No Andy, you do deserve this praise.

Yup, Andy your a class act person which I have to say all the folks I've met or talked to at SS are. Your work is great and I love seeing your stuff even if it's from lines I don't collect.

WOW, I just saw Andy's Skinner! That is amazing resemblance!!! GREAT JOB ANDY!

But Sideshow needs to fix his glasses ASAP. The lenses are too small and too close together and are ruining the beautiful sculpt.

skinner-walter.jpg

78071.jpg

Between the ability to constantly talk with the staff through posts and chats, interact with the actual sculptors like Andy, and get contests and free stuff thrown at us left and right, I don't see how Sideshow's "competitors" can really be said to be competing at all in the area of public relations.

Back