New Galactica figures...sorta

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would these guys come with white helmets? That may be cool. but I wouldn't get them without their helmets, that was the coolest thing about the original versions, their head sculpts weren't all that great.
I think I'll save my moola for the new Battlestar Gallactica figures. :joy

I'd love them, but Ouch!!! not at that price.
I'm really hoping for the best from the upcoming Athena and Boomer.

bluesparrow said:
Ugh. I really hope they do better with the figures from the new show.

Are figs of the new show being made? I would love an Edward James Olmos Adama!

I find it kind of annoying that the Dark Shadows dolls look pretty good when the main characters for Galactica have been pretty generic (meaning they had the ability). It would make you hope they go back and re-do them. Wasn't there plans announced through Majestic on one of the 1/6th forums for a new Cylon with light-up eye coming up as well?

Don't know much about Majestic, but by their Battlestar Galactica (classic) offerings so far, I'm not that impressed.

Thought the unis look pretty good as do the Cylons, the human headsculpt likenesses look like 1970s Kenner/Hasbro quality, and the ads don't say much about the articulation of the bodies, so I'm assuming that's Hasbroesque as well.

Too bad. Was hoping for some good 12" figs from the Sci-Fi Battlestar Galactica.

Anybody have Majestic's link?

Mortar Conn said:
and the ads don't say much about the articulation of the bodies, so I'm assuming that's Hasbroesque as well.

More or less Sideshow bodies under there (sans wrist articulation on the humans)... which is not a good thing; my Apollo, Starbuck and Adama are now on BBI 1.0 bodies which far improves their proportions & articulation.

The sculpts/paint finishes aren't stellar, but with a spot of repainting Adama is actually pushing 'almost impressive' on the scale (though Starbuck is still down around the 'who?' mark).

Costumes aren't great - there's a cheap feel about them and some of the detailing is just plain missing and/or wrong. The Cylons, though wrong in places, are still just plain cool!

Majestic can be found over at;
https://www.majesticstudiosinc.com/

Nick

gdb said:
Sorry to correct you, but those are the newschool vehicles.
I rechecked the pics, and sure enough they're from the new series. I didn't look at the Cylon Raider, just the Galactica and the star ship (I can't recall their names).
Which is cool since I'm not a fan of oldschool Galactica. ;)

Back