Looking for a new phone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JediFirefly

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am looking for some help with finding a new phone.
The main feature I am looking for the phone to have is full internet. The catch is thought that I am not really looking to sign a 2 year contract and I am not looking to pay more than $40-50 a month. I would like to just get a pay as you go phone but I haven't seen any with full internet yet.
I would get an iphone but as far as I have read I would have to sign an agreement and the service is like $80 or so a month. I have no problem paying $200-$300 for the actual phone as long as it is a good phone.
Any information anybody has will be appreciated.

I'll move this into the Other Topic section as it may get more exposure there and more people to advise you.
A lot of peeps dare not enter the kitty litter section :lol
x :peace

With my discount through work, I pay $67 a month for an iphone. One of the reasons I got the phone, was because it was only a little bit more than I was paying already. Maybe you're work has something similar?

IPHONE! Nice discount Mesa...I only get 8 dollars off with my work discount =(

Yeah, it's not bad. It's something like 40% off the minute plan. There is no discount off the unlimited data plan, which costs $39.99 I think.

I'll move this into the Other Topic section as it may get more exposure there and more people to advise you.
A lot of peeps dare not enter the kitty litter section :lol
x :peace
Thanks. Wasn't sure which section to put this under.

I figured most would say iphone but I am not really willing to pay $80 or more a month for it. I also do not really want to be locked into a 2 year contract.
Anyone know of any good phones with full internet that are maybe pay as you go or flex pay phones?
I am not much of a phone person so I definitely do not need a lot of minutes.

Dude, I'd just suck it up and pay a little more for an iPhone..... I've had each model iPhone even since the 1st gen came out.... Best phone I've EVER had!!!! I'm the kind of person that used to go through phones like underwear. I was ALWAYS buying phone about 2-3 times a year. But ever since I've stepped into an iPhone, I've never even been CURIOUS to look at another phone. It's just INSANE and nothing can ever really beat it. Sure you pay a bit more with the service, but ON OTHER service even compares. :cool:

Whatever you do, don't get a LG NV 3. I hear that phone fails on all aspects of its existence.

With the iphone do you have to sign a contract?
Also for those that have one what do you pay per month?

Anybody have any other recommendations though? What about blackberry?
Or does anybody use a pay as you go phone that they like a lot?

Have you chosen a phone yet?

My girlfriend has the Nokia 5800. It has a touch LCD screen like the iphone along with camera that does video. It comes with a built-in stylus, but you can use your fingers too. She bought it for about $250 from dell.com a couple months back. It's an unlocked phone, so there is no contract. It also has wifi access, so you don't need a data plan to get on the internet as long as you are in the vicinity of a wireless router. I've used it a couple of times and have been impressed with the interface. I own an iPod touch 2G, so I am familiar with how the iphone would be like. I would purchase the Nokia 5800 over the iphone if I was looking to replace my current one.

No, I haven't chosen a new phone yet. I am still looking. But I also have to wait longer than I thought for the contract on my current phone to end. I did look into the phone you mentioned and it is a possibility.

Back