Got my SDCC Sideshow Prize

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjf28

Super Freak
Reaction score
:chew:chew:chew:chew

5852_123936961869_517706869_2299806_7204864_n.jpg

and to the poopy part :monkey2

the sentinel head will not light up. All other lights work, but the eyes on the head and the "guts" in the neck dont flicker. Im hoping SS has a replacement piece still. Jennifer seemed helpful on the phone, just waiting to hear back.

Still though
:banana:banana:banana

Damn, what an awesome prize.

It took awhile to get mine to light up.

Try reseating the sentinel head. I held the head upside down and fit Colosus into it. Took several attempts. If you need to, clean the contacts with rubbing alcohol.

wow ..thats a hell of a prize...what contest did you win?? at first i thought that was the 10 pm one from this board..i was gonna ^^^^^ myself lol.

:chew:chew:chew

5852_123936961869_517706869_2299806_7204864_n.jpg

and to the poopy part :monkey2

the sentinel head will not light up. All other lights work, but the eyes on the head and the "guts" in the neck dont flicker. Im hoping SS has a replacement piece still. Jennifer seemed helpful on the phone, just waiting to hear back.

Still though
:banana:banana:banana

wow..you're gonna ask for a replacement for something you got free? :lol:lol

:duh:duh:duh

I wouldnt bother them with the replacement (wich they probably wont have anyway)...dude its a free artist proof you got there.

so? Free means I cant ask for a replacement piece? If they have one cool. If they dont, thats fine too. Its not like Im going to get angry and boycott the product if they dont.

they will probably have one. I think this is the third year they gave away an X-men Vs. Sentinel #1 statue at a freaks party, plus other contestsss. I don't see why not have another one stored somewhere.

Congrats, DUDE !!!! :rock

and a BIG UP to SideshoW !!!!! :rock

Was this the one that was given away at the Freaks party? The artist's proof?

yessir, that was I

I hate you. No offense, but I think you were probably the newest person at the party and you walked away with the best prize of the night. Congrats. I was jealous BTW.

so? Free means I cant ask for a replacement piece? If they have one cool. If they dont, thats fine too. Its not like Im going to get angry and boycott the product if they dont.

Did you try and reseat it and check the contacts? Seriously I know you want it to work immediately, but I am not the only one that had to play with it to get it to light up. Both places, Colossus foot and Sentinel head. It's worth a shot, just do it carefully and in good lighting so you can see the electrical contact and the receptacle.

no harm, Mesa. I figured being a "newb" there would be some heat. But so far so good. Ive been a member for awhile. I just dont post alot, because I try to avoid internet bickering.

But yea, the contacts, Icant see, but the head is sitting firmly colossus forearm. and since Cyclops visor is lit, and the sentinel arm on the ground is "sparking", im just assuming the problem is in the head.

It's three different circuits or 3 parallel circuits, so 1 doesn't have to work for the other 2 to work... I think. The one you are trying to get to work has to have a good electrical contacts from the base into Colossus foot and then again at his forearm to the Colossus head. This is the area I had to try about 4 or 5 different times. I bought mine "used" and seller from the board assured me it worked. Which it did. I just had to try a few times.

This is one thing that I am a little concerned about, the life of the electronics, switches, battery area, etc. LED's should be fine, but lots of other areas to loose the circuit.

Nothing wrong with asking to see if they can replace or help fix. It could be just loose contacts.

Common "problem" and has been talked about in numerous threads since it came out.

Plug the power cable directly into the Sentinel head, if it lights up you have a contact problem in either the base/Colossus foot or from his arm/Sentinel head. Mine has a loose tab in the base that needs to contact the outer metal of the peg in the Colossus foot. If that isn't making contact it won't light up.

hmmm....i got one of this and never even tried the lights if they turn on or not :lol ...oh well.

Dave, do the lights on the Spiderman dio work? never tried those either :eek:

Back