Artwork for Venom comiquette when??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I right in thinking that most if not all the statues that come with prints, that the prints are based on that individual pose on the statue?

i.e the prints that will come with my Mystique and my Venom Exs next year will a sort of copy of the statue itself?

Well normally a sketch is produced by the artist to give the sculptor an idea of how it should look. From that sketch a more detailed and normally (coloured) print is produced. Its unclear if it is produced at the same time as the sculpt although a number of the AH prints were previewed after the sculpt also.

Yep, the comiquettes are based off sketches of the artist's work. But the final print that is shipped with the piece is a more complex piece of art, requiring the addition of color/backgrounds/etc. So sometimes that takes a bit longer for the artist to complete to their satisfaction... you know artists ;)

Rest assured that we will have something to show before too long for the Venom. We will post it as soon as it's ready! :duff

Hulk vs Venom by Olivetti:

06.jpg

Sideshow please ask olivetti to go to the drawing boad again...Let him put a background on this at least.

Huh.....a little anti-climatic. Looks almost photoshopped onto a red background...

Olivetti What the ^^^^ happend!? come on!! i mean! a little back ground would have been better then a freaking Gradient! :monkey4 it disappoints!

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60381&page=68

Chicky, can you PLEASE have Sideshow's R&D or production change the background color of that print? The red is horrible and, if you read the above thread, there is not a single positive comment in regards to the bright red.

I love the comiquette, but the print is terrible and I am having a hard time justifying the extra $$$ just for a lower ES.

Back