Anbody else looking forward to new Alice In Chains album?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwills

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I love AIC and was very skeptical about replacing Layne, although Jerry Cantrell was probably more responsible for their sound than anybody in the band. Well, if you haven't heard them yet, check out 2 new tracks on their MySpace page called "Check My Brain" and "A Looking in View". I was blown away....They sound absolutely incredible and I'm really looking forward to "Black Gives Way To Blue". Anybody else?

Give them a listen:
https://www.myspace.com/aliceinchains

I have to agree.
I was expecting nothing, but was pleasantly surprised when I heard the new material.

Now Im waiting anxiously for its release.

I really wasn't until I heard it. Now I'm anxiously awaiting it. I never got into Cantrell solo, so I was really expecting this to be crap.

I really wasn't until I heard it. Now I'm anxiously awaiting it. I never got into Cantrell solo, so I was really expecting this to be crap.
Yeah, I didn't care for his solo stuff either, but when eh write for Alice, he brings something different. I love 'Check My Brain'. It's good to hear those old Alice harmonies and wicked bended riffs again.

I'm hooked on Check My Brain, I like Metal sounding intro, and mid-90's sounding lyrics. (although not depressing) An all out great track.

my local radio station has been playing "check my brain" for a little while & i think it is pretty damn good. i agree cantrell was the driving sound for the band but i still miss layne......:monkey2

my local radio station has been playing "check my brain" for a little while & i think it is pretty damn good. i agree cantrell was the driving sound for the band but i still miss layne......:monkey2

Oh, I agree. Don't get me wrong, I loved Layne's voice and he will always be the face of AIC to me. But for Jerry to eclipse my expecations by such a wide margin is such a welcome surprise. I'm definitely hooked on 'Check My Brain' at this point...

When Layne Stanley died, Alice In Chains did as well.

When Layne Stanley died, Alice In Chains did as well.

Tell yourself it's some other band. Make up a name, I don't care what you call them, but you should give the new material a chance. Good music is good music, regardless of who helms the band.

Not to mention, some of AIC's greatest hits were split, some where more dominantly Layne and others Cantrell and some a 50/50 mix of both.

These songs both had classic AIC sound, a surprise, I figured before hitting play it'd be AIC trying to be more modern sounding like some bands get when they try to return.

I'm glad this thread got started, I didn't even know AIC was starting up again and it sounds good so I'll want to pick up the album when it arrives.

Strange I see and read this thread the instance Rooster plays on the radio.
I'm definitely looking forward to it, the new stuff I hear on the radio sounds great.
Now if Soundgarden could just reunite I'll be in early '90s heaven.

Many bands that have lost members and gained new ones have gone on to even greater success

Killswitch Engage

Genesis

AC/DC

Cannibal Corpse

Sepultura

only to name a few, I'm sure the list goes on....

New soundgarden would be nice.

I've always thought Chris Cornell had one of the greatest rock vocals ever, but his voice has sounded really shreaded to me since Down On The Upside. But I'd still probably really enjoy new Soundgarden. And after the way Chris' last solo effort got trashed, I'd say it's about time. His solo stuff was very underwhelming to say the least..

Back