Weta LOTR environments coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gabberjawa

Baggins, James Baggins
Reaction score
Weta said:
Here's an update on LOTR Environments :

Environments were voted as your top preference here on the S&F.

So we are now looking at launching both existing (unreleased) environments and all new environments.

Existing Environments
Our existing environments will be quicker to launch, since they have already been sculpted. We have 4 existing environments in the Workshop. We are now reviewing if a) they can be produced by our factory in China, and b) if they are approved by the Licensor. We will let you know once we have the answers.

New Environments
Daniel Falconer is currently designing a ....

https://www.wetacollectors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33766

:banana

Are these environments that are meant to stand on their own, or are they like the GI Joe and Star Wars line where they are meant to be displayed with 1/6 figures?

I assume you are not familiar with the old SSW environments?

I can only assume (yay another assumption!) they will be similar to them (i.e. not anything to do with 1/6)

4492.jpg

Are these environments that are meant to stand on their own, or are they like the GI Joe and Star Wars line where they are meant to be displayed with 1/6 figures?

They are like miniature pieces of Middle Earth. Great detail, compact and easily recognisable buildings/ structures/ environments from the movies.

This is FANTASTIC news! I have so many of the older one (Helms Deep, Amon Hen, Mines of Moria, Golden Hall, Weathertop, and the Danbury Mint Minas Tirith and Barad Dur) and would LOVE to see more of these.

Really wish I had the Orthanc, and am hoping they'll revisit Orthanc as a different sculpt (maybe with the outer circle wall...)

Am really excited about the new Bag-End environment, and a few that never got produced, like Hobbiton Mill and the Argonath (to replace the bookends...)

Can't wait to see where this goes! :rock

I am with you, a pre-destruction Orthanc would be tops! :banana

That's the one! Another Orthanc has got to be one of the MOST REQUESTED environment pieces since the original was only 750 pieces and is now well over $1000 on Evil-Bay! Let's keep our fingers crossed...

:D

Man this is ONE EXPENSIVE hobby... Ever time I say thats all for now, something else pops up :banghead

That's the one! Another Orthanc has got to be one of the MOST REQUESTED environment pieces since the original was only 750 pieces and is now well over $1000 on Evil-Bay! Let's keep our fingers crossed...

:D

I am with you, a pre-destruction Orthanc would be tops! :banana

Without a doubt, an Orthanc/Isengard environment is near the top of my list as well.

Just for the heck of it, I'll list a few that I would love to have (In no particular order):

1. Orthanc/Isengard
2. Bag End
3. Rivendell
4. Minas Morgul (to compliment the Danbury Mint Minas Tirith in size)
5. Entrance to Sammath Naur (Mt. Doom)
6. The Fountain and Tree at MT with the Four Fountain Guards
7. Rohirrim camp at Dunharrow
8. peak of Zirak-zigil, where the Gandalf & Balrog battle to the death.
9. The Black Gate
10. Hollin Gate (Western entrance to Moria) Have it light up as well.

How about a 3 dimensional map of Middle Earth?
10. Ent Meet

This is indeed awesome news! :rock My most wanted is definately Bag End, which is already in the pipeline so thats cool. Oh and a life-size white tree would be nice too, got a nice spot picked out at the bottom of my garden. :lol:lol

:orthanc :naughty

It would be nice to have another opportunity to get this environment. I have always wanted the Rivendell environment, and I expect that will be one of the first ones they do.:D

so if weta are to start making the environments again, what are the chances of some more 1/4 busts or 1/6 statues????

Back