Need Advice from HT Collectors: IM Mark II Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chapter 2099

Super Freak
Reaction score
So thanks to Chicky and Sideshow Collectibles, I recently received a gift in the mail today: a Hot Toys' Iron Man Mark II Exclusive!!! :rock (Thanks again SS!!!! :rock :rock :rock) I'm still in shock, Chicky! :banana

This is my first Hot Toys piece, but I must say that I've always been impressed by pictures that I've seen of their work. However, being new to the line and Hot Toys in general, I have NO IDEA the "do's and do not's" of displaying these pieces.

So:

1.) Is it safe to display these outside of their box or should I leave them boxed up? Does it hurt their value to take them out and put them on display, like some other collectibles?

2.) Is there anything I need to watch out for if I do display it outside of the box? I've heard that you should pose them in such a way that puts the least amount of stress on the joints? :confused:

3.) Do any of the pieces deteriorate with time if left outside of the box? I've read that some collectors have issues with parts made of rubber (ie HT Abe Sapien? :confused:)

Yes, I know some of these questions sound "crazy," but I've NEVER owned a Hot Toys' collectible before. And I'm sure some of my questions are from commonly made misconceptions, so please feel free to correct me.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have!

picture.php

(I would have added these questions to the already existing MK II thread, but I have a feeling that I'll receive more input this way.)

So thanks to Chicky and Sideshow Collectibles, I recently received a gift in the mail today: a Hot Toys' Iron Man Mark II Exclusive!!! :rock (Thanks again SS!!!! :rock :rock :rock) I'm still in shock, Chicky! :banana

This is my first Hot Toys piece, but I must say that I've always been impressed by pictures that I've seen of their work. However, being new to the line and Hot Toys in general, I have NO IDEA the "do's and do not's" of displaying these pieces.

So:

1.) Is it safe to display these outside of their box or should I leave them boxed up? Does it hurt their value to take them out and put them on display, like some other collectibles?

2.) Is there anything I need to watch out for if I do display it outside of the box? I've heard that you should pose them in such a way that puts the least amount of stress on the joints? :confused:

3.) Do any of the pieces deteriorate with time if left outside of the box? I've read that some collectors have issues with parts made of rubber (ie HT Abe Sapien? :confused:)

Yes, I know some of these questions sound "crazy," but I've NEVER owned a Hot Toys' collectible before. And I'm sure some of my questions are from commonly made misconceptions, so please feel free to correct me.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have!

picture.php

(I would have added these questions to the already existing MK II thread, but I have a feeling that I'll receive more input this way.)

congrats on winning the Mark II from hot toys

1) i think its safe to take them out of the box and it doesnt hurt there value i have mine displayed with the Mark III

2) with this figure there really isnt that much worry about the joints since its not a Hot Toys muscle body made of rubber, you would only need to worry about the joints on the muscle body since the rubber is wrapped around a metal joint, and i dont think the Iron Man figures have that since Hot Toys mad these bad boys from scratch

3) kinda like the second answer you only need to worry about it on the Muscle bodies since they are made of rubber and it looks like the Iron Man figures are there own body

hope this help you, and congrats again for getting the Mark II

1)It's safe to take them out. Taking it out will only hurt it's resale value. Some people do want theirs mint in box when they look to purchase.
2)The only thing you have to look out for is when changing the hands. Just be careful and hold the limb by the forearm. I've seen some nasty pictures of crazed paint. I wouldn't leave it out where direct sunlight could reach it.

You'll have to change over the hands if you want the lights to be seen shining from the palms. To get the lights to work you'll have to remove the plastic, in shipping, tabs that are there to stop premature battery discharge. The battery compartments are above the elbows and along the spine. The switch is under the upper flap to the right of the spine and on the inner forearms.

There are several flaps and openings. Be careful when handling and opening and closing these flaps. They can break easily. Read the instruction booklet, that is hidden in the back of the plastic bed the figure lays in, and be sure to familiarise yourself with all aspects before beginning to check and test all these openings.

You've scored a great figure. Enjoy.

I say open 'er up. Mine is currently pointing his forearm missile at me.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>
There are several flaps and openings. Be careful when handling and opening and closing these flaps. They can break easily. Read the instruction booklet, that is hidden in the back of the plastic bed the figure lays in, and be sure to familiarise yourself with all aspects before beginning to check and test all these openings.

You've scored a great figure. Enjoy.

It's always a good tip to check the booklet and not rush into action like I do.

It will disintegrate if you leave it outside of the box for more than 24 hours.

You got it for free :rock......do what you want and live and learn...:lol

You can put it in exreme Yoga poses, paint it blue and even put it's head in the sand.....:dunno

Congrats Chapter on winning an Awesome Fig!!!!

there is no harm in displaying it and removing the hands on this guy is 1000X easier then on the Dark knight HT figs, you shouldn't have an issue.

I would leave it out of direct sunlight, just like with anything else though.

As for displaying it, i hate stands so don't use them unless Absolutely necessary, with mine i don't use the stand (all joints are very stiff and hold up well) but if your paranoid or just like it then go ahead.

if you have any other questions feel free to PM me

Congrats again :D

Congrats on winning it, but now flip it and buy a Marvel Based Statue :D!

Congrats on winning it, but now flip it and buy a Marvel Based Statue :D!

:lecture:lecture:lecture

IMO ,you cant be called a true Marvel fan if you dont own any Marvel statues and only buy dolls...Those people ( the dollists) should not be allowed to collect Marvel stuff IMO

I finally just received my Mark II today as well. Unlike the OP, I had to pay for mine. :(

Honestly, call me crazy, but I just don't see a point in purchasing a figure or any collectible if you plan to keep it in a box. They're meant to be displayed and fully appreciated. The only hard decision should be how you want to display it.

I finally just received my Mark II today as well. Unlike the OP, I had to pay for mine. :(

Honestly, call me crazy, but I just don't see a point in purchasing a figure or any collectible if you plan to keep it in a box. They're meant to be displayed and fully appreciated. The only hard decision should be how you want to display it.

That's what I'm leaning towards. :rock This piece looks way to nice!

:lol

I don't have any statues at the moment. Pathetic I know. :(

I don't care what anyone says. These Hot Toys pieces are in a league of their own. I now see why these things are priced the way they are. Very impressive IMO.

I might have to search for a Mark III version now! :rock

Back