Hot Toys - MMS 109 - 1/6 scale Astro Boy collectible figure spec +hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookster

Very foolish words man!
Reaction score
Even if the movie stinks... which I hope it won't, this is a MUST have.
As far as Manga goes he's about as iconic as it gets, the nearset thing Japan has to Mickey Mouse (who was actually an influencs on Astros hair design!) and this looks like a huge improvement on my Medicom and Takara ones!

Hot Toys - MMS 109 - 1/6 scale Astro Boy collectible figure

Set in futuristic Metro City, Astro Boy is about a young robot with incredible powers created by a brilliant scientist named Tenma. Powered by positive "blue" energy, Astro Boy is endowed with super strength, x-ray vision, unbelievable speed and the ability to fly. Hot Toys proudly present the 1/6th scale Astro Boy Collectible Figure based on the upcoming movie in OCT 2009 - ASTRO BOY.

The Astro Boy Collectible figure features:

l Approximately 9 inches tall
l Over 22 points of articulation
l 2 sets of interchangeable posing hands
l Open chest with positive "blue" energy inside
l Battery-operated illuminated eyes for X-ray vision mode
l Interchangeable arm cannons
l Interchangeable rocket boots
l Figure display base featured with Astro Boy movie logo

Product shown is not final

Release date: Q4, 2009

© 2009 Imagi Crystal Limted / Original Manga © Tezuka Productions Co., Ltd.

1AstroBoy_figure.jpg

2AstroBoy_figure.jpg

3AstroBoy_figure.jpg

4AstroBoy_figure.jpg

5AstroBoy_figure.jpg

6AstroBoy_figure.jpg

7AstroBoy_figure.jpg

8AstroBoy_figure.jpg

9AstroBoy_figure.jpg

10AstroBoy_figure.jpg

Last edited:
This is awesome.. love the stand and base!!! :rock

I just wish there was another head with a different expression.

OMG for real!?!...HT Gatchaman!!!!........ I'M GONNA BE FREAKING BROKE!!!!!!:monkey2

oh yeah...too excited over wookster's comment.. lol

i am so gonna get astro boy!!... childhood fav!!!

At worst the new movie will still be light and fun, no doubt. This figure and the vinyl are must-haves for me.

It's a shame there's no pic of the light-up eyes though. The display stand is nice and more like Medicom's stands with a better base.

I hope this figure is under a 100 bucks. It's nothing too fancy or detailed. Simplistic in design. Great character, and I was a fan of the 80's cartoon. Never saw the original 60's one. Or was it 50's? Bah!

Anyway, if this goes for more than a 100 I'll have to pass.

Yeah I hope it comes at around or under $100. I'd be happy to pay that or at most a little above that (like $110). I think the light up features dramatically boost the cost.

I don't know anything about AstroBoy but this figure looks really cool. I would buy this and i don't even know about AstroBoy :)

that's a really nifty figure right there. simple and elegant and cute. i would really hope this is under $100. And yes I wish it did come with an alternate expression too. Version 2.0? It's 1/6 scale, and sorry if this was in the OP, but what is the actual size then? 6 inches?

Awesome - but the facial expression? Needs more:

astro-boy-04-1024x768.jpg

Or maybe even:
astro-boy.jpg

But definitely:
circle-01.jpg

Just three more heads, please! :D
Still a great little figure, will buy it in a heartbeat.

Back