Acrylic Case for 1/4 Vader and Ben

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini-Rock

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've been receiving a ton of emails regarding what size case would be good and large enough for the upcoming 1/4 Vader and Ben. What I came up with is a 46"w X 14"d X 26"h case. The quote I received is $232.82 not including shipping, but now I'm thinking maybe a 26"h case isn't going be enough viewing room. I'm thinking a 28"h case would be a better height since we definitely want to see as much of Vader as possible.

Anyone from SS know if 26"h would be enough or would it be better to go with a 28"h case instead?

Just get a nice wall unit to put all your PF's in. I doubt the difference will be much when you add it up. $230 for a case is a lot of dough.

I prefer a completely sealed acylic case as opposed to leaving these on a shelf exposed to the elements day in and out. Having these displayed together in an acrylic case has been my plan from the start. The price for a great case is worth it for these statue's. :)

Hey Mini can you tell us a good place to order this kind of cases..........i have a couple of web site but don't now if they are the same as yours....:D

I've ordered from this company many times and can't praise them enough. My last order was for a case for my Sauron. I asked them for some modifications to the basic case and they took care of it without any fuss. Shipping was surprisingly fast.

Wetanut said:
I've ordered from this company many times and can't praise them enough. My last order was for a case for my Sauron. I asked them for some modifications to the basic case and they took care of it without any fuss. Shipping was surprisingly fast.

..heard good things about them,,,what size did you get for sauron?

SpenK said:
Thanks MINI that is one of the sites i Have...............So how long do they take from ordering to delivery??

No prob Spen. :) I usuall get mine in 7-10 days from ordering.

Mini-Rock said:
No prob Spen. :) I usuall get mine in 7-10 days from ordering.
Whow.......they are pretty Fast I will have it in Account for my Vader + Ben (if I still keep My Order Of Him) and My GRIEVOUS!!!..........

Cases for Collectibles is great. I but all the cases for my Cinemaquette pieces from them.

Nice fast service.

Yeah, a case for Grievous will be something like 20"w X 20"d X 27"h. The one I got just for Han was about $114 with shipping, so the case for Grievous will be pricey. :)

Mini-Rock said:
Yeah, a case for Grievous will be something like 20"w X 20"d X 27"h. The one I got just for Han was about $114 with shipping, so the case for Grievous will be pricey. :)
Yeah Pricey for Grievous But Worth It He will Be The Centerpiece of My Collection:banana .............How is the quality they look very nice and polish???

This a little digression, but still on the theme. Does anyone remember seeing any of Peter Jackon's collection under acrylic covers, as seen in the 'Gollum' DVD? They were some unique and expensive pieces, too.

SpenK said:
Yeah Pricey for Grievous But Worth It He will Be The Centerpiece of My Collection:banana .............How is the quality they look very nice and polish???

Same here. Grievous will be the centerpiece of my collection next to Vader and Ben. The cases come clean, but I still give them a once over with some acylic polish. The polish gives it a clearer appearence.

Gazmog said:
This a little digression, but still on the theme. Does anyone remember seeing any of Peter Jackon's collection under acrylic covers, as seen in the 'Gollum' DVD? They were some unique and expensive pieces, too.

I'm going to have to check out that DVD now. I love seeing stuff like that. :)

Gazmog said:

PJ's collection on the Gollum DVD were not under acrylic covers, if I recall correctly. They were just on shelves out in the open.

I enjoyed seeing a large collection of Sideshow/Weta pieces in a large display in the background on the documentary about recreating the spider pit sequence on the second disc of the 1933 King Kong DVD. You could spot the mumak, Gandalf on Shadowfax, Eowyn and the Morgul Lord, the King of the Dead, some medallions, and more. They were all on long illuminated display shelves that were behind glass.

The quote from CFC is $152.50 not including shipping. I'll probably order mine at the end of Feb. :)

I can't say for sure about a case for Vader VS Obi - I don't see either of the production samples around right now, but I think the last time I measured him he was about 22-23 inches tall with his saber. So anything taller than that would do for height (Obi is a good bit shorter). You probably have plenty of width for the both of them including the accessories BUT I would maybe go a little deeper - maybe 16"-18" instead of 14" (to account for the accessories, whose bases will most likely be around 4"-6").

I can say that you're probably going to need one a little wider and deeper than 20" for Grievous, what with his lightsabers. 27" tall seems about right though....

That being said I would HIGHLY recommend (and I think I suggested this in another thread recently) waiting until you actually have the product in-hand before ordering a custom-made case, as measurements can vary slightly between prototype and production, and the measurements on the site may be slightly off for the final product, etc. I would most definitely wait until you get the Obi and Vader together before ordering a case, so that you can face them off in exactly the manner that you want to display them and then take the footprint - their bases are a little bit of a strange shape (curved) and so, depending on how you want them faced off, it can add to the width a little... just my .02, take it or leave it. :duff

These cases are very expensive and are probably a huge hassle to return if they end up being the wrong size - too big can be just as bad as too small and I know I'm pretty picky about that kind of thing, so I imagine you guys are too :)

Back