Thoughts on custom name plate for 1/6 tumbler?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atheris

Super Freak
Reaction score
Im having an acrylic display case made for my 1/6 tumbler that will arrive in a few days. Im also having a custom name plate made in the shape of the bat symbol shown below. My dilema is this....I dont know what I should write in the centre of the name plate.

The dimensions of this name plate will be 5" x 2"...this is what Im thinking so far:

1/6 Tumbler

1/6 Bat Tumbler

1/6 Batmobile

Batman begins
1/6 Tumbler

......I could go on and on with different variations. Any thoughts on what woud be the best script to use would help me out alot.

Chris

Its going to be machined out of a solid piece of aluminium.....I want to keep the "1/6" incorporated in the name plate somehow though.

Chris

It isn't hard, that's why you're getting so many humourous answers. You like

"Batman Begins"
1/6 Tumbler

so, stick with that. Why not have something printed on the other side so you can flip it over.

It isn't hard, that's why you're getting so many humourous answers. You like

"Batman Begins"
1/6 Tumbler

so, stick with that. Why not have something printed on the other side so you can flip it over.

I suppose your right....im probably looking to much into this. I figured the first few responses I would get were going to be sarcatic....pretty funny though. I just want to make sure I go with the most suitable script, which is why I just wanted other peoples opinions. This thing isnt going to be cheap....so I want to get it right the first time.

Chris

Well this is how HT has it listed:

The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale Batmobile collectible

Since it's used in both films, instead of TDK or BB specifically maybe just "1/6 scale Batmobile". I know it's called the "Tumbler" in BB but that's actually just the name of the vehicle for military use. After Batman modifies it it's supposed to be the "Batmobile". If Batman had used a Hummer it wouldn't be called "1/6 scale Hummer". It'd be called the Batmobile. I think Chris Nolan strayed from that aspect of Batman of how he names all his gadgets/vehicles: Batmobile, Bat-Cycle, Batplane/Batwing, etc. because it is kinda corny.

This is just a quickie plinth concept I whipped up. Sleek and minimal.

Last edited:
Well this is how HT has it listed:

Since it's used in both films, instead of TDK or BB specifically maybe just "1/6 scale Batmobile". I know it's called the "Tumbler" in BB but that's actually just the name of the vehicle for military use. After Batman modifies it it's supposed to be the "Batmobile". If Batman had used a Hummer it wouldn't be called "1/6 scale Hummer". It'd be called the Batmobile. I think Chris Nolan strayed from that aspect of Batman of how he names all his gadgets/vehicles: Batmobile, Bat-Cycle, Batplane/Batwing, etc. because it is kinda corny.

hmmm......well now I dont know what to do again. Thanks for your input...it does make scense to call it the batmobile. But like you said....it sounds kinda corny. Maybe just "1/6 Tumbler" is ok....since the tumbler was destroyed in TDK its kind of unique name now. We dont know what the next badmobile is going to look like.....I think "batmobile" is a little generic.

Chris

My preference would be to keep it simple - just have the nameplate as is. The Bat Symbol with Batman Begins under it (you don't even necessarily need that)

Elegant, simple, and to the point.

Just my opinion.

I'd really love to see if Coco could replicate that. His black wooden type of displays would be perfect for it.

Black adhesive felt is what I would have put in that sunken rectangular area. It would create that lovely premium feel/look to it.

The Tumbler
1/6 scale

This is BY FAR the best option.

A) It's called the Tumbler. It's never referred to as the "Batmobile," and that's a generic name that can be used for any Batmobile.

B) Don't call it "Tumbler." It's "The Tumbler." You could call it "Tumbler" if it were a person's name. It's not. It's "The Tumbler." This is a physical object, and it's also a specific copy of a physical object (i.e, not just any Tumbler, it's "The Tumbler")

C) I'm not sure mentioning "1/6" is necessary. But you seem to really want that. In which case, you should call it "1/6 Scale." Just "1/6" isn't enough - it looks unprofessional.

Furthermore, you don't want "1/6" to be on the same line as the name - i.e., not "1/6 Tumbler" or "1/6 The Tumbler." That's awkward. "1/6 Scale" is specific information about the object - it's a modifier giving more detail. In which case, it should be like a sub-title. "The Tumbler" isn't defined by it's 1/6-ness, so it's not critical - which means it should be on the next line.

D) Don't mention the movie it's from - because it's from two different movies. And you don't want to have to mention both, nor do you want to call it "The Nolan Batman Series" or anything, because that's awkward. It's obvious what movie this is from. This obviousness is enhanced by the Bat-logo you're using. It'll probably be enhanced even more by the other objects you'll be displaying nearby.

I could go into more detail, but I think I've made my point. Creecher is right:

The Tumbler
1/6 Scale

is best. (Centered, obviously).

Anything else looks just plain unprofessional - and since you're going to a lot of trouble, I'm going to assume you'd want to do things in the way a museum would do it.

Back