Need some opinions on SS Leia 12 inch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raymond F.

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Im thinking of picking up this figure after work today, I remember always thinking it had a decent likeness, not as good as the PF but really pretty overall decent.

But how is the rest of the figure? I know it only has one set of hands but what else? the body? will I be needing to convert it to a Hot Toys female body. Can that eve be done?

How is the likeness in person and out of the box.

Is this a good figure overall and not just the best/only figure of Leia in this outfit>

Ow this is a tough one. I have Leia ANH and Bounty hunter.

I think both head sculpts are great, but the ANH head is MASSIVE, its such a shame. I think you may be right about swapping to a bigger body, it may help.
But if she is cheap!! I would not miss the chance! Oww that alll sound a bit dodgy LOL

Hope it helps

Dorgmal

I like it. I think that the likeness is the best in the game. Not that of the pretty, demure Leia, but with more of the dogged determination and grit we see when she's in the Death Star escape.

Unfortunately, the plus side stops with the likeness. The dress was a bit of a letdown. With what they had to work with (i.e. the 1/6 scale limitations), they did okay for the most part. I can't imagine that a fabric exists that would reproduce the folds in the gown that we see in the film. So what they've done, while not ideal, is likely the best that can be done at this scale.

But there are several figures (mine included) that suffered from fraying on the sleeves.

Here are a couple of pics of mine to help you out. Both will show you the fraying I spoke of, but I hope that you'll also notice that the likeness really is quite excellent. Overall, I think it's a highly underrated figure, and if you have any sort of a Star Wars 12" collection at all, she'll make a fine addition that will stand out.

2113513390_ceec94428c_b.jpg

3631836403_d370bce62a_b.jpg

Thanks for the opinions and the fantastic pics, really work to sell the idea on me, the pic alongside her to the luke really proves how good the likeness is compared to that mark hammil interpretation.

How is the female buck? how is the posing and does it look like a natural human female? I know the big dress helps hide it. do i need to spend another 40-50 to swap her to a female HT body?

ANH Leia is a fairly disappointing figure overall. I wouldn't have bought her on her own, but I'm happy to have her so I can fill out the ANH collection.

I've consistently been more satisfied with the most recent female Bucks than I have their male counterparts. :nod Asajj Ventriss comes to mind. That figure is just infinitely poseable.

Beautiful shots, Rook! I don't have her either, and I'm always looking out for a bargain on ebay. Too bad about the dress fraying, though.

Thanks for the opinions and the fantastic pics, really work to sell the idea on me, the pic alongside her to the luke really proves how good the likeness is compared to that mark hammil interpretation.

How is the female buck? how is the posing and does it look like a natural human female? I know the big dress helps hide it. do i need to spend another 40-50 to swap her to a female HT body?

I would be really interested to know folks opinion on this. What body would be the best as I know nothing about the female bodies.

(What is going on ever post I write seems to be turning on me!!)

Oh Dorgmal :lol

The Buck is really not terrible if its well covered. But due to the odd proportions (really small waist and pencil thin arms) it can look weird on scantly clad figures.

The female TrueType is a great looking body. Also there are other companies like Triad, Cy Girls but they usually have giant boobs which don't work for all characters.

I think the body works fine for Leia, the only thing I really find to drop her down a peg is the dress. As has been mentioned, I'm sure it's a tough dress to figure out a fabric that's not to thick looking and all, but the material used just has something about it, that and the collar being a separate piece and the hood not really big enough to wear.

The oddest thing about the outfit is that it was a material that would not really take to shaping or water treatment. So basically what you got out of the box is what you were stuck with... and for me that wasn't too pretty :lol

every time i feel the urge to get this figure, i look through the thread again and change my mind. for every good picture there are about 2 dozen bad pictures that just don't do it for me. i'll stick with my boushh leia for now and hope we get a decent hoth leia in the future.

I wouldn't pay more then 35 for her to be honest. She does look good right next to Han and Luke but she's shockingly bland in every way. I think the headsculpt is pretty good. Pumpkin head? Mos Def, but the hair buns also lend to that look. Fem Buck body is SUPER basic, no dynamic poses can be done. Dress is what it is right out of the box, as said previously. Hell, the hood isn't even usable. One set of hands and some nice boots along with two blasters.... I can't even think of a way to make her better aside from a fresh paint job?

The oddest thing about the outfit is that it was a material that would not really take to shaping or water treatment. So basically what you got out of the box is what you were stuck with... and for me that wasn't too pretty :lol

What bothers me more is it's almost too thin, and her outfit is like a cotton type fabric, and the figure has a shine to it, doesn't even really resemble her costume fabric, but I think they opted for whatever was closest and thin. I love Sideshow's figures, but ANH Leia ranks pretty low out of the 30-40 figures in the Star Wars line, but the upside is, there's just a lot of pretty solid ones so it's not like she's atrocious, just below the par the majority have set.

Looking at this picture, the SS Leia's Hair Buns are too small.

That is an aspect open to personal preference. If you really study photos and film stills, the buns were an inconsistent size. Some shots, they're almost the whole height of her head, others they're more like Sideshow's figure.

It's a bit like AOTC Obi-Wan, even when it was Ewan's natural hair, there's a handful of looks he had that you could choose for a figure, it's too pricey to offer them all, so you have to just go with what you think is best.

Back