Avatar don't look 30" TALL !!! What's the real height ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Webb

Super Freak
Reaction score
Could you please tell us the real size of Avatar,because next to Evil Queen which is 22" looks smaller.What happened to the other 8 inches ?

Thank you

picture1mhi.jpg

License:

Product Type:
Maquette

Product Size:
30" H (762mm)
x 24" W (609.6mm) x 24" D (609.6mm)*

Product Weight:
12.00 lbs (5.44 kg)*

Box Size:
34.00" H (863.6mm) x 28.00" W (711.2mm) x 28.00" L (711.2mm)*

picture2wuk.jpg

Last edited:
A "morning measurement" ? .... yeah .. it'll still come back too tall .... it's knees will be locked and not have that bend :lol

Yeah, Dusty. The price should be adjusted accordingly.

:lol I have no control over that - I can only fix typos :)

That said, I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the size of the piece, but more with the complication of mass-production on something so detailed as this piece is :duff

The box size is still the same and huge, making shipping out of this world. Unless of ocurse that's going the shrink as well.

The box size is still the same and huge, making shipping out of this world. Unless of ocurse that's going the shrink as well.

At this time, the box size is 100% an estimate. There is no way at this moment to tell what size the final shipping container will be... it all depends on how they decide to manufacture it - for example, if they can engineer it to be shipped in pieces, that will reduce the box size. But since that is completely unknown at this time, it's better to go big and then reduce later if need be :duff

I agree. At 30" I can see paying that price, especially if it has metal parts. But at only 12lbs and 9 inches shorter...production costs or not-How is that price justified where in the production blogs it looks to be made of plastic?

The paint apps need to be like the prototype as well, not done by some paint by number person overseas. I know many of these pieces end up coming out better when you guys get our feedback and I hope this will be the same. I already know the movie will be a success but there is one important key here

To charge that much, we need an edition size of 500 or less. I heard Scott mention they might produce 2000! Thats crazy. Please do this piece the right way for the fans.

Yeah I canceled mine,when was posted the right height,this piece should be MAX...900.00.

Take a look at the Power Loader & Queen Alien Diorama,both together costs $700.00 and will look way better.

9121_press12-001.jpg

Yeah I canceled mine,when was posted the right height,this piece should be MAX...900.00.

Take a look at the Power Loader & Queen Alien Diorama,both together costs $700.00 and will look way better.

9121_press12-001.jpg

Wow I never saw that pic with them together...very sexy!

They talked about the AMP suit at the SDCC panel. It's the most complex piece they've ever done and they named the number of seperate parts, I don't remember exactly but I want to say 1400 pieces? All of it from the actual 3D model used to create the suit for the movie.

I can't believe people are getting hung up on size - any bigger and it would be tough to display. I'm sure there will be plenty of people willing to pay $1200, especially after the film comes out.

They talked about the AMP suit at the SDCC panel. It's the most complex piece they've ever done and they named the number of seperate parts, I don't remember exactly but I want to say 1400 pieces? All of it from the actual 3D model used to create the suit for the movie.

I can't believe people are getting hung up on size - any bigger and it would be tough to display. I'm sure there will be plenty of people willing to pay $1200, especially after the film comes out.

Any metal parts Dave ? You're saying the price ain't bad because you don't pay what we do.:naughty

Back