Beneath the Planet of the Apes Jail and Sideshow Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Zaius

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here is a custom made jail from Beneath the Planet of the Apes that I had made to display my Beneath the Planet of the Apes Sideshow figures in. I have more pics but the site would only let me upload 5. :banghead
Hope you enjoy the pics enough to realize what a shame it is to keep such fine figures stuck in a box and not out for display!!!

It Looks great Dr.
Maybe Ironman can give you some insight as to posting more pictures. Maybe it's the size of your files? I wish I could see more. How much does it weigh? Where did you finally decide to display it? I wish DD updated their website to include this piece in their current projects page. Congrats on a very cool and unique piece. :D

I believe the Freaks board is set to only allow 5 attachments. Dave would be the best to ask for clarity along those line. It may be different if you import them direct instead of attach them.
The jail looks great!! You really sadden me that I don't have Beneath Taylor.
:(
I think I'll try making one and see how it goes. I've been fiddling around with broadening the ranks of Central City. Keep forgetting this section exists and always wind up posting them in TV/Movies....maybe I'll move some over here.

DZ,
I went back in and added some stuff under customs to test it out. It appears that "attachments" are limited to 5 but you can include more if you import them from a source like photobucket.

stickman said:
It Looks great Dr.
Maybe Ironman can give you some insight as to posting more pictures. Maybe it's the size of your files? I wish I could see more. How much does it weigh? Where did you finally decide to display it? I wish DD updated their website to include this piece in their current projects page. Congrats on a very cool and unique piece. :D

Hello Stickman
Well, you would be surprised in the weight. It is really light. I can carry it with no proble. The only problem I had was my POTA room is upstairs in my house so it was bulky getting up the stairs.
DD said they are going to post pics as well on their web site once they get them processed. He said he would contact me once he does and when he contacts me, I will let you know.
I put it on my glass display case upstairs. I am trying to find some one to make me a case to put it in. I have emailed a few people who make acrylic cases but none have emailed me back.
Email me your email address and I will send you the pics I have of the display via email.

Ironman1188 said:
DZ,
I went back in and added some stuff under customs to test it out. It appears that "attachments" are limited to 5 but you can include more if you import them from a source like photobucket.

I will mess around and see what I can find out Ironman. I am new to the posting pics on the net so I don't even know what photobucket is.:wacky The guy at DD who made the jail is an Ape fan also. He said he had a friend who worked for Sideshow and he was going to send him so pics and hopefully his friend can show the people who make the figure decesion that there are people really interested in the Ape line and hopefully that will get them to think about releasing more later on. He said that his friend even commented that Sideshow was surprised that the Ape line hasn't sold better but they haven't considered the line a total loss. I think he said that his friend even said they thought they released too many too soon especially with the other lines they are doing that are popular now. Not much of a chance to get all the ones you want when you are collecting 3 or more of their figure lines. So, I am not positive, but I feel deep down there may be more in the Planet of the Apes line. Nothing official, that is just me hoping and praying and sticking a bug in Sideshows ear. I emailed Sideshow using their customer service email to ask if I could send them some pictures of the jail. I needed an address to send them to but never have heard back from them.:confused:

occulum said:
this is too cool.
great work!

Thanks!!! I wish I could say I made it but I didn't. The work was done buy Diorama Dreams. They are awesome at building these sets.

:wacky :joy I got more pics to upload today. Must only be allow to post 5 as an attachment.
Enjoy!!!

If you link pics, there's a limit of 10 per post. If you upload them then there's a limit of 5 and a size limit of 75K (I think).

Darklord Dave said:
If you link pics, there's a limit of 10 per post. If you upload them then there's a limit of 5 and a size limit of 75K (I think).

How do I link pics? Do I have to make a web page and put them on?
Thanks

DZ, If you have the pics on your computer then you can got to a place like
photobucket.com
and load your photos in to it and then post away!!!

And....BTW, it looks better with each picture!!!

stickman said:
Dr. How much was shipping?

That is the best part; nothing. I live in Indiana and the main person at Diorama Dreams, Patrick, lives in the next state which was only about 2 hours from me. So, we met sort of half way. It was neat because not only is he the man who made my jail and I got to met him and discuss the jail with him in person, but he is also an Ape fan. So, we met for lunch and talked about what our next project may be. He is really a neat guy. But I think all of the Planet of the Apes fans are neat

Cool. Maybe you can ask him to make the Omega Bomb platform with stairwell, or a slave wagon!

I have posted photos on photbucket but when I tried to post the link all I got was the previous picture in my last post. Any one with suggestions on how to post the link to view all the pics please let me know.

We are looking at the next project to being a small one. We are looking at the inside of Taylors ship with only the chairs and the front of the ship. Diorama Dreams has the pics. of what I am wanting to do, I am just waiting on them to finish up some other projects before they send me a concept design. But, the bomb platform is what I am looking at for my Ursus and Mutant Leader. The jail wagon I have never thought of but now, it is going to be in my plans. That would be awesome!!! Thanks for the idea Stickman.

Back