MASSIVE Star Wars Collection/Estate Sale This Weekend

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here in the Atlanta area, but may be worth the drive for some of you...

My friend Robert Bean (known in online SW circles as "Vader Painter") and I are both letting go of the majority of our SW collections. Instead of nickel and diming it on eBay and elsewhere, we decided to just have an open-house type sale at his place this weekend. We did a dry-run last Sunday, and it went very well. We had people show up out of the blue from a simple post on Craig's List and the RPF. This weekend, there are people coming up from Florida and as far away as Texas (don't ask me, I had no idea people were still this gung-ho about collecting SW stuff).

Anyway, what will we have available? Pretty much at least a little bit of EVERYTHING:

- Tons and tons of Hasbro items (almost all MIB and going for a song)

- Licensed and fan-made Props

- Sideshow SW items (most of these are Bob's... I'm keeping most of my Sideshow stuff)

- Framed SW Art

- Lifesize props

- Statues

- Miscellaneous SW items and pretty much anything you can think of

Here's a link to pics from a story Rebelscum did on Bob's collection a year or so ago: https://www.rebelscum.com/c-bean.asp

And here are just a few pics from this past Sunday (there is tons more than this):

5340_136598139881_738489881_3238148_5800933_n.jpg

5340_135683519881_738489881_3222733_747850_n.jpg

5340_136598239881_738489881_3238161_2521902_n.jpg

5340_136598099881_738489881_3238143_3919278_n.jpg

5340_136598234881_738489881_3238160_5071313_n.jpg

5340_136646609881_738489881_3239205_1774527_n.jpg

Anyway, here are the details. Try and make it if you can (it's fun to just hang out and look at all of this stuff in one place... crazy). But we're also selling stuff to people remotely using Google Checkout. Some dude from Brazil called on Sunday and via Skype bought about $500 worth of stuff. Unreal...

Because of the overwhelming response to Sundays Star Wars Collection Sale we are extending this sale one more week on Saturday and Sunday. We still have lots of items for sale, toys, games, props, costumes, statues, action figures, vehicles, plus much more. Free posters while they last. Please check out our pictures and feel free to drop by with your friends and take a look around, make an offer or just check out one of the largest Star Wars collections ever assembled that has been featured in magazines, newspapers, and on television. We are accepting payments through Google Checkout through your credit cards if you don't have cash on hand...

Start Time: Saturday, August 22, 2009 at 9:00am
End Time: Sunday, August 23, 2009 at 6:00pm
Location: VaderPainter's House and Star Wars Collection Facility
Street: 118 Barrignton Parkway
City/Town: Stockbridge, GA

Phone: 7702882715
Email: [email protected]

PM me with any questions. Any actual or individual sales to Freaks can be posted here in the Commerce section if need be.

We sold the Mara Jade, Femtrooper and FemTIE Pilot stuff on Sunday. There might be more Femtrooper armor left, though.

Lucas surely must have sold his soul to the devil to create such a thing that enslaves people so easily that they spend so much time, money, and space to worshipping it when it endlessly takes and takes and never gives back.

I only speak from experience. I'm not judging.

Hey, IJ - I sent Robert a couple e-mails over the course of the past year and never heard back from him. Is he still painting? 'Cause I gots me a Vader and his helmet needs paintin'!

- J

Lucas surely must have sold his soul to the devil to create such a thing that enslaves people so easily that they spend so much time, money, and space to worshipping it when it endlessly takes and takes and never gives back.

I only speak from experience. I'm not judging.

Damn, dude. That's a pretty negative opinion of the hobby. Why don't you just quit?

Irish: You don't have any life-sized droids on the block, do you?

Wow, I'm jealous I can't go. I would have driven down from TN, where I was living before. Like you said, just to see all the stuff would be worth the trip. Good luck on the sale.

Hey, IJ - I sent Robert a couple e-mails over the course of the past year and never heard back from him. Is he still painting? 'Cause I gots me a Vader and his helmet needs paintin'!
I believe he still dabbles in that from time to time. I'll ask.

Irish: You don't have any life-sized droids on the block, do you?
No finished ones, no. But I DO have some R2 Building parts that I'll be selling: 2 frames (1 plastic, 1 wooden), a Rockler dome bearing, 2 legs and a middle ankle piece. The frames are both assembled already, and require very little additional work. Kinda a beginners builder set.

Hey Carl, any Kenner stuff? Vintage-wise? Or Kubrick, LEGO, etc...
Yeah, there's a box of carded vintage Kenner figures. Not sure on the prices of those, though. I'll ask an maybe get an individual breakdown this weekend. I do believe there is some LEGO stuff, too.

I am looking for a cool art print --any of those on the block
I need about the size of Jerry's LOTR---size fits perfect over fireplace

Not to nitpic but 'going for a song'? Not really, Id love to get the gree helmet for sale but is selling it for MSRP considered 'a song'? Thats not a bargain, you can still get them for that price some places...

Not to nitpic but 'going for a song'? Not really, Id love to get the gree helmet for sale but is selling it for MSRP considered 'a song'? Thats not a bargain, you can still get them for that price some places...

I was specifically referring to the non high-end items (i.e. Hasbro)... which we have been selling "for a song".

The high-end stuff we've been selling around MSRP or a little under. Never said anything about basically giving that stuff away.

I am looking for a cool art print --any of those on the block
I need about the size of Jerry's LOTR---size fits perfect over fireplace

I have a few things. One in particular is Killian Plunkett's Celebration IV print (Sandtroopers on Dewbacks attacking the Jawa sandcrawler), which I also had custom-framed. It's also edition # 77 of 250, which is beyond cool.

Now if you have a ROTS Vader helmet, I'd be willing to take that off your hands for nothing...I mean, no one likes ROTS Vader anyway right? So I'll bet you'd be glad to see the back of it...

I have a few things. One in particular is Killian Plunkett's Celebration IV print (Sandtroopers on Dewbacks attacking the Jawa sandcrawler), which I also had custom-framed. It's also edition # 77 of 250, which is beyond cool.

To bad you do not have a list of stuff to be sold--
btw --how much is the above mentioned print?
Pm me---also interested in mini-helmets
Thanks

For those who've asked... the MR Boba Fett helmet is Bob's. He wants $350 + shipping for it. It also includes the 2 Fett art prints.

Back