Sony drops price on PS3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaMelnik

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sony to launch slimmer PS3 with lower price
Posted: 09:32 AM ET
Sony has officially confirmed rumors surrounding the PlayStation 3 game console. In a video posted on the PlayStation Blog SCEA President and CEO Jack Tretton announced a new slimmer PS3 will be available September 1st. In addition, all PS3 consoles got a $100 price cut today, dropping the cost to an enticing $299.

:banana

Here is the rest of the story

https://scitech.blogs.cnn.com/2009/08/19/sony-to-launch-slimmer-ps3-with-lower-price/

Seems like Sony is always going with this smaller system trend every few years or so, sliming PSP's,PS2's and PS1's..now you can own a PS3 thats slim just like their selection of games lol. I would only want a PS3 for FF and Metal Gear games. XBOX 360 is the new king of video gaming.

PS3 still has the best chipset for watching blu-rays. I used to own one but the Ex threw it out during the divorce and I never replaced it.

Now I just may do so.

i dont own either 360 or PS3. I think if I buy one it would be PS3 because I have been very pleased with the performance of the PS2 which when I first moved out of the parents house was my only DVD player for like 4 years and that thing ran probably 10 hours a week for the better part of that time and now its like 8 years since I got it and it still works great.

I bought my PS3 because I wanted a BluRay player and they were about the same price as the PS3's at the time. So I figured the gaming aspect of the console was a bonus.

It has worked out fine so far.

PS3 still has the best chipset for watching blu-rays. I used to own one but the Ex threw it out during the divorce and I never replaced it.

Now I just may do so.

I take it she was a cougar? lol.

The PS3 is awesome, I basically only use it for the Bluray player, but I'll buy a game once in awhile. Nice to see the price drop.

Seems like Sony is always going with this smaller system trend every few years or so, sliming PSP's,PS2's and PS1's..now you can own a PS3 thats slim just like their selection of games lol. I would only want a PS3 for FF and Metal Gear games. XBOX 360 is the new king of video gaming.

Way back when, I actually bought a PS2 just for that reason. FF, Metal Gear and RE weren't on Xbox. Resident Evil is on 360 now. So to date, I still haven't gotten a PS3. Might have to break down and get one now though.

so then how long of a wait until we get the PS4? :lol if i had a HD TV, i would pick one of these up for sure though............

the only thing that sucks about the slim ps3 is that it doesnt have the backwards compatible hardware for the ps2 (as do the newer ps3) . I think it was one of the better selling points for the ps2 when it came out. I dont understand this reasoning due to the fact that they are still making ps2 games!!

Back