My Tumbler review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Tonight is all about Hot Toys, with my review and the guest review covering something from them. The funny thing is that the two things couldn't be more different from each other, although they are from the same company.

I'm looking at the uber cool sixth scale Dark Knight Tumbler. I don't know about you, but I've been waiting for this thing for what seems like a lifetime. It's a work of art, a thing of beauty...and my bad luck hits with one major issue. Hopefully, you won't have the same problem I do...

The guest review is from Jeff Parker, and covers the latest release from Hot Toys around Michael Jackson - cosbabies! Yea, I bet you're looking forward to the Thriller sixth scale figure, but perhaps these cute little versions of the King of Pop will tide you over. You can find all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Great review Michael. Sorry to hear about the one light issue. Hope you can figure out how to fix it. I get mine on Tuesday. Crossing my fingers for no issues...

If you don't expect some possible breaks, then you really need to avoid sixth scale high end stuff entirely. You aren't going to get this kind of detail without some very, very tiny pieces. I had one break (the other two weren't breaks, but detached pieces and needed to be reglued), and it was pretty minor. You can avoid putting as much pressure on the rear spoilers as I did buy following my advice.

The light not working is what pulled down the otherwise four star score.

I bet the Tumbler would look even better paired with the Batman Begins suit figure rather than the less impressive new suit version...

Shame about the LED issue though. If it weren't for the faulty light, would this have gotten 4 stars, or still 3 1/2?

EDIT: Nevermind the question about the score, you answered it in the post above, Michael.

I know what your saying, it just sounds like a whole lot went bad at once:(

If you don't expect some possible breaks, then you really need to avoid sixth scale high end stuff entirely. You aren't going to get this kind of detail without some very, very tiny pieces. I had one break (the other two weren't breaks, but detached pieces and needed to be reglued), and it was pretty minor. You can avoid putting as much pressure on the rear spoilers as I did buy following my advice.

awsome review wish i had the extra 400 and actual space to put the thing atm. still would love to snag one but affraid with the limited production run especaily collectiors will snap them up as well as fans expecting the prices to skyrocket as supply dwindles.

plus the very real possibility that there will not be a tumbler in the next film, with the accountants discovery and with its destruction even with the backup tumbler it is likely that the tumbler is done with in nolan's universe. and it is a shame tumbler is my personal favorite batmobile ever.

i like that you posed it with the TDK suit, all the promo pics and such show it with the BB suit anyway. plus lets be honest when you see the BB suit on screen in good lighting it looks like a big heavy thick rubber suit. the TDK suit looks good even in good lighting and is less rubber looking by far. show some love for the TDK suit.

Wow. I have a B&W collection but usually dont like movie stuff. This looks really cool though.

I decided to buy mine off of amazon for a couple of reasons.... one is that I could use LIVE discount on ebay but if something were to be wrong with it I would be screwed.... two is that I honestly do not think that anyone rivals Amazons customer service and if something is wrong with it shipping back would be free and they would replace mine.

awsome review wish i had the extra 400 and actual space to put the thing atm. still would love to snag one but affraid with the limited production run especaily collectiors will snap them up as well as fans expecting the prices to skyrocket as supply dwindles.

plus the very real possibility that there will not be a tumbler in the next film, with the accountants discovery and with its destruction even with the backup tumbler it is likely that the tumbler is done with in nolan's universe. and it is a shame tumbler is my personal favorite batmobile ever.

i like that you posed it with the TDK suit, all the promo pics and such show it with the BB suit anyway. plus lets be honest when you see the BB suit on screen in good lighting it looks like a big heavy thick rubber suit. the TDK suit looks good even in good lighting and is less rubber looking by far. show some love for the TDK suit.

Yea, I prefer the TDK because of the ability to pose the head.

I decided to buy mine off of amazon for a couple of reasons.... one is that I could use LIVE discount on ebay but if something were to be wrong with it I would be screwed.... two is that I honestly do not think that anyone rivals Amazons customer service and if something is wrong with it shipping back would be free and they would replace mine.

you and I think alike my friend, Amazon treats every item the same wether its a $500+ figure or a $5 DVD (thats a good thing) customer service there rocks! not to mention some reliable people sell some cheap ish there

Michael, outstanding review, thanks a ton.

One of the things I loved about my tumbler was the lights (see pics on page 365 or link https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34711&page=365 ) There are two different ones there, mine are under Batman29.

The lights were fantastic, I am sorry to hear one of yours does not function properly.

Mine came with a bit of factory paint issues on one side.

BTW, I love the photo with Batman standing in front of the tumbler, that was a very creative shot.

Great review Michael. I am sorry about the lights and it is shame the lack of batteries.
In my opinion, to buy this Tumbler it is necessary to build an special place to put this big car. And it will be necessary to spend more dollars and have space enough to display it.
Congratulations!

Yea, I haven't figured out how I'm going to display all the HT DK stuff, but it's going to require some serious thought...

my fiancee demanded I buy this thing cause she said it would be amazing. She did not care for the bat-pod but she loves this. Once I actually purchased it I told her I may just keep it in the box until I find somewhere to display it and she told me to hell we are... there is a kitchen table in the dining room with nothing on and perfect size. haha I guess we know who runs our relationship huh

my fiancee demanded I buy this thing cause she said it would be amazing. She did not care for the bat-pod but she loves this. Once I actually purchased it I told her I may just keep it in the box until I find somewhere to display it and she told me to hell we are... there is a kitchen table in the dining room with nothing on and perfect size. haha I guess we know who runs our relationship huh

To me, that sounds cool!

Back