Interview with the Vampire remake?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Memnoch

Lt. Vulture
Reaction score
Just saw this in the news section on IMDb. Having not heard anything like this before naturally Im curious:

Robert Downey Jr. is in talks to become the movie world's latest vampire sensation.

The Iron Man star is in negotiations to play Anne Rice's Lestat Du Lioncort in the latest movie adaptation of her The Vampire Chronicles, according to BloodyDisgusting.com.

Tom Cruise and Stuart Townsend have both played the part in Interview With The Vampire and Queen of The Damned, respectively.

Lestat de Lioncourt is a fictitious French nobleman who becomes a vampire in the 18th century.

I dont see him in the role, But its RDJ, so he's able to pull anything.

Interview with the Vampire was quite good, and it had an star-studded cast. I guess there's always room for improvement. Hopefully the remake/adaptation won't be a complete retread.

Actually, at this point I'll watch anything featuring Robert Downy Jr.

I dont see how they can adapt the other books because of how much Queen of the Damned screwed things up. Either way, I dont think RDJ is good for the role.

JOHNNY DEPP!........:rock

..No. I'd really rather see one of the pay channels pick up the rights to all the books, run them at about 15 eps per season with a book a season. Cast unknowns and let Anne Rice be involved if she has any interest.

..No. I'd really rather see one of the pay channels pick up the rights to all the books, run them at about 15 eps per season with a book a season. Cast unknowns and let Anne Rice be involved if she has any interest.

Trouble with that is, they would probably pick people barely out of their teens to play the roles.

I just hope they do this right... I've long desired to see a film adaptation that was very good of my favorite book from the series... The Vampire Lestat. If they did that, they could do a more accurate Queen of the Damned and I would be happy as Hell.

Trouble with that is, they would probably pick people barely out of their teens to play the roles.

But what's funny is that if they were in their early 20's.. it would be fairly accurate. Louis, Lestat, and Armand were turned young.

years ago, i remember reading that Anne Rice envisioned an actor like Rutger Hauer playing the role of Lestat... she obviously has a different take on the genre than Hollywood.

Lestat is the best book and has yet to be made. And these vampires should be played by people just out of their teens, that's the character - unless they do CG youthening for the entire film. RDJ is WAY too old to play Lestat.

I hope they dont do a remake, Interview was too good. Memnoch the Devil was a good book, but adapting that maybe to hard.

I hope they dont do a remake, Interview was too good. Memnoch the Devil was a good book, but adapting that maybe to hard.

I agree with Dave but moreso with Nasedo. It's been years since I read the chronicles, but Vampire Lestat and Memnoch the Devil were the highlights of that series for me. :rock

If it's being done at WB, I THINK they only had rights to the first 3 books. The rights on all three were about to expire when they rushed the horrible QOTD movie to be made which combines Vampire Lestat and QOTD. So I dunno where this is going to go.

Back