To buy a Cinemaquette Aragorn or not to buy??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axel

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Got a chance of one at £550!!

That is around half of what they go for in the UK. Now, I know he's not a perfect likeness but I'm kinda wrapped at the chance of actually owning a Cinemaquette as it would be the pinnacle of collecting (for me)

It's brand new in box but the sword arm is a bad fit, (it's the one that is removed for packing I'm led to believe) it's not broken or anything but is not snug when fitted.

Now, that is not a problem as I can fix it with a multitude of things and it's never going to show under the clothing.

I like the figure, likeness is off of course but the get up is beautiful, chain mail, leather tunic, real hair, this one has the fixed hairline btw.

So, I'm very tempted but it is a large chunk of change and I've never seen one in the flesh.

Would you, wouldn't you? :rotfl

sounds like you really want it. id do it. if hes not to your liking you could always sell him on ebay for the same low price and im sure someone would snag it up at that deal. good luck!

I would if I was a big fan which it seems you are.
With cinemaquette I've heard the likeness seems a little better in person but even if it isn't cinemaquettes are amazing. I have the alien and after seeing so many photos not being impressed , to see it in person was completely different.
As you say too I'm sure the clothing will be amazing.

Even if it doesn't look like the movie Aragorn too it could be the book version. ;):lol

Do IT !!. Do IT NOW !!.

Arnold-747438.jpg

:lol

Get it and good luck to you with the piece. It's a great price for that amount. I surely wouldn't pay double (what they go for in the UK), but if you really like the character...it is a no brainer.

Definitely go for it. I bought this in January and have never looked back! The likeness is great in person, the clothing is truly beautiful and it comes with the signed COA. It's a no brainer!

I have one and think he's great. The likeness is there, although the hairline fights it. Lots of very cool detail in the rest of the figure too, from the real chain mail to the embroidered tabard.

this many people saying buy it? yes my friend buy that Bia and be happy because you know you want to do it anyways :lol

If it's still going tonight and I don't get my Berserker then I will pull the trigger on this.

I've thought about it long enough (didn't want to rush in) so now it's time.:cool:

Thx guys, a little friendly input is always helpful.

Get it and good luck to you with the piece. It's a great price for that amount. I surely wouldn't pay double (what they go for in the UK), but if you really like the character...it is a no brainer.

They dont go for that much, people charge it, but no one pays it, I had one from Forbidden planet earlier this year for £500, It is a pretty good piece, if you can sort out the hair, the level of detail is amazing, it did tempt me to get the Indiana Jones one, but cost stopped that one for me!
Go for it mate, as long as you don't plan to sell it as a profit type buy. I only got £590 for mine, so only made a small amount.

I vote not.

This Chunk knows what he is talking about.

Is there a cinemaquette of Aragorn i haven't seen one?:confused: :D

I'm a huge fan of Aragorn and the PF kicks its ass but honestly if you know you want it you should get it and not rely on our opinions to influence you one way or the other.

Go for it and enjoy buddy.:)

if you can get it for a bargain and your happy with it go for it.
myself i don't care how cheap it is, the likeness is so far off i wouldn't give anything for it myself.
especially when the sideshow PF is pretty much bang on for alot less $$$

Put the crown on him and fix the likeness in one fell swoop. I think the 1:4 crowns can be had fairly cheaply, or could be scratch built easily as there are plenty of photos online. My theory has always been that the hairline was that way to start with because they intended to have him in the crown and never got around to it! It would jive well with the costume they chose.

I don't believe so. He never wore the crown with that outfit in the film, so I highly doubt that was CM's original intention.

Back