Darkartist's....uh....Art!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkArtist81

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here are some various art pieces I did over the years...

A comic page honoring my mother...

Mom1.jpg

Cover art to Goldfinger, done in a cartoony style

BondGoldfinger.jpg

Random stuff from my brain..

Random1.jpg

Random2.jpg

A Tiger I did back in the day...

Tiger.jpg

And my Halloween art from a few years back.

JoshArt1.jpg

Awesome work. I particularly like the comic page tribute to your mother. The simple story it tells is really quite moving

Thanks man, I really appreciate that. I did that on the 10 year anniversary of her death, I was sitting at home and decided I needed to do something to express how I felt at that moment. So I poured my soul into it, and I really think it shows. It's the best piece of art I have ever done, IMO.

Aw man! This is great! I really like the ones that "came out of your brain"....particularly the one with all the tribals...I've always had problems on how to do tribal work!
The tiger one is really bad ass...especially the face!! I think a sketch jam between u and me should be in the works! =D

Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys! The swirly art thing, I've been doing for years. The ones above were drawn in ink, all mistakes just worked into the piece. I can do that stuff all day. In fact, my tattoo started out just as a sketch and became what it became.

I used to sit for hours doing this, just filling up a page with these abstract swirls and patterns. :google

I should show off my artwork now. Did you know that Gwen Stefani and the rest of No Doubt have some of my artwork? True story.

Ask how, if you care. CARE DAMMIT! SHUTUP CHASE!

Anyway, awesome stuff Josh. I love the cat the best, but I have always been a fan of pussies and that is one ^^^^^ that bites back. rawr...

Thanks guys! The swirly art thing, I've been doing for years. The ones above were drawn in ink, all mistakes just worked into the piece. I can do that stuff all day. In fact, my tattoo started out just as a sketch and became what it became.

I used to sit for hours doing this, just filling up a page with these abstract swirls and patterns. :google
I've never seen a good pic of ur tat!
I should show off my artwork now. Did you know that Gwen Stefani and the rest of No Doubt have some of my artwork? True story.

Ask how, if you care. CARE DAMMIT! SHUTUP CHASE!

Anyway, awesome stuff Josh. I love the cat the best, but I have always been a fan of pussies and that is one ^^^^^ that bites back. rawr...

I care!!! TELL ME UR STORY!!!!

Josh, that is some bad ass stuff!! :rock

You should seriously consider a career in art, there are artists out there with stuff that's not even half as good as yours and they are successful.

If you have more post it!

Those swirling designs would make a great pattern for fabric. You should try for some sales in the textile industry. What's next J? Tattooist? Talent is always in demand. Love the tiger, especially the foliage in that pic. You could go into childrens book illustrations.

Thanks for all of the amazing comments guys! I'm going to scan some more of my work for you guys soon, I really need to... I have a ton of random sketches that are pretty hilarious.

And thanks Ill, I really need to start doing regular style art again... I miss it. At one point I was going to go to The Joe Kubert School to learn the comics way of cartooning...but sadly didn't end up going. I still plan on doing some painting once I catch up fully, maybe selling my art... I want to refine my skills a bit with drawing as well, maybe find a way to color it in the computer or get a tablet for my computer...something...

We will see. But more art to come guys! I'll scan some more tomorrow.

Thanks for all of the amazing comments guys! I'm going to scan some more of my work for you guys soon, I really need to... I have a ton of random sketches that are pretty hilarious.

And thanks Ill, I really need to start doing regular style art again... I miss it. At one point I was going to go to The Joe Kubert School to learn the comics way of cartooning...but sadly didn't end up going. I still plan on doing some painting once I catch up fully, maybe selling my art... I want to refine my skills a bit with drawing as well, maybe find a way to color it in the computer or get a tablet for my computer...something...

We will see. But more art to come guys! I'll scan some more tomorrow.

I know the feeling of wanting to go school...(in my case going back to school for a different degree)... and not being able to. The school that Im interested in going is the School of Visual Arts in NYC...but it's to expensive and to far right now!! But I have faith that I'm gonna achieve my goal to study there some day!!! So I don't think you should give up on going to The Joe Kubert School!!

Also...I undertsand you when you say that ur trying to refine your art...i'm in the same boat! Been drawing something everyday...some are pretty bad...but some come out pretty decent!! So keep it up!! YAY!

Josh, that is some bad ass stuff!! :rock

You should seriously consider a career in art, there are artists out there with stuff that's not even half as good as yours and they are successful.

If you have more post it!

The art industry is a pretty hard industry to get into....it's all about who you know..or who you blow :naughty...that's why there's a lot of them sh1tty artist that you mentioned about Ill.

But I totally think you can succeed in the industry DA, if you play your cards right!

Last edited:
Awesome artwork Josh! :rock I especially love the tribute to your mom, that one really touched me as I lost my dad back in 2003. My hats off to you my friend. :duff

Really great stuff Josh. Like the tiger and the one to your mother. Really well done my friend.

Amazing work Josh! Love the tribute to your Mom in particular. And that first frame of you looks exactly like you! :)

Goldfinger art is great too.

How long was "back in the day" when you did the tiger? Looks awesome.

Back