The Art of John Howe - Enjoy!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've got to be kidding me
icon_plain.gif

dissapointed with the smaug the design is very depressing to the spirit uninspiring. And I am A fan of his work mostly. Your paying ten grand for a statue you would have thought they would make it more dynamic and put more life into the pose. Cheese you cant even see his head never mind his pen-is

dissapointed with the smaug the design is very depressing to the spirit uninspiring. And I am A fan of his work mostly. Your paying ten grand for a statue you would have thought they would make it more dynamic and put more life into the pose. Cheese you cant even see his head never mind his pen-is

Exact same post in two different threads....post padding are we?

Last edited:

I'm not sure how they could make this more dynamic while still basing it on the Howe painting. The wings I think add some interesting elements with their height and asymmetry. I am the proud owner of #1 of this piece (or will be in 6 months anyway).

I'm not sure how they could make this more dynamic while still basing it on the Howe painting. The wings I think add some interesting elements with their height and asymmetry. I am the proud owner of #1 of this piece (or will be in 6 months anyway).

It isn't even based, it is an exact sculpt from the painting; me thinks someone hasn't seen the artwork before. :monkey1

ya, when I first saw the price of those items, the first thing I said was ...
"F U Weta!" :pow
They create collectibles that's so awesome and make us all hyped about it
and price them way higher than any one of us could afford.... :sick
I hope they do Faux-Bronze versions... :monkey1

It isn't even based, it is an exact sculpt from the painting; me thinks someone hasn't seen the artwork before. :monkey1

As the painting has no back, I used the word "based" because the back of Smaug had to be inferred. I'm curious what people look for in a statue though because I just can't see how this falls flat in 3D. I like the fact that it is compact and heap-like as I think this adds a more classic element to the piece. And with this classic design and its literary grounding (not Hollywood) you can actually show a piece like this in your living room rather than in your man cave.

Don't be ignorant to assume that. I have see his art. I like the picture I just dont think it works as sculpture.

Fair enough, and I didn't mean to come across as rude; but it is about as true to form as one could get with a John Howe piece -- as he personally oversaw the sculpture.

Back