Movie/TV show rituals

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Cruel

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have a few annual rituals that I do every year. And I do not feel complete if they do not happen.

On Easter I watch "The Ten Commandments", and since TBS stopped showing it, I bought it on VHS and watch that instead (I know I need to upgrade to DVD soon).

Does anyone else have this type of ritual whether it is annually, monthly or whatever?

VHS!?! :horror :lol

Typically in October I watch Horror movies the whole month and I MUST watch Scrooged wit Bill Murray for Christmas! :rock

After Thanksgiving dinner my family watches Christmas Vacation.

On Halloween I watch Halloween followed by a late night movie marathon.

It's not Christmas until I see Charlie Brown Christmas and the Grinch. My wife likes to watch Love Actually every year.

4th of July I usually watch something like The Patriot and this year I switched to the HBO series John Adams.

New Years the wife likes to watch the Holiday.

Easter = Passion of the Christ

We try to watch one new movie a week.

I try to watch the SW OT when the new year hits...
In Mexico they used to air it on new year's day so that's why I keep doing it... :lol
Also, once a year, @ no particular date, we watch the LOTR extended trilogy... it's a Marathon!!!
During Halloween/Dia de Muertos, I'll watch classic horror movies, Nightmare on Elm St marathon, NBX, and some Classic Horror Mexican movies...
Christmas, we watch Bad Santa, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, NBX again!! and maybe a few others...

Sometime around Christmas I always watch 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation'

Halloween is 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show' (not really a halloween film, but I always feel the need to watch it on or around that day).

I watch the "Muppet Family Christmas" (also on VHS) every year around Christmas time. I enjoyed it as a kid, and still enjoy it. I get goosebumps every time when Henson shows up at the end. I'm sure that I had no idea who he was as a kid.

I also try to get home in time to watch "Pardon the Interruption" every day, but miss it half the time and have to hope that it gets a re-run on ESPN 2 an hour later (sometimes doesn't).

Christmas Vacation around Christmas time like a lot of others. Also, when a new season of House is about to come out on dvd, I'll watch every previous season in anticipation.

I try to have ActorFest every now and then..What you do is...watch alot of actors or actresses movies all at once....I had BaleFest a couple months ago.

I'm gonna try to do a Monty Python Fest soon, just becuz I haven't seen anythiong other than the Holy Grail!

Before a sequel comes out I try to watch the previous installments the week or two before it premieres in the theatre.

(James Bond movies are a pain...)

thanksgiving........home for the holidays....wife made me watch this crap.....now i gotta see it every year....:cool:)

at christmas........well......a christmas story & the animated ruldolph the red nosed reindeer....(i will deny the latter if cornered though)....:lol

I like to watch the first Die Hard and Batman Returns around Christmas. They're set around the holiday:D Also, A Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim and Christmas Vacation.

Hey, don't make fun of VHS! I still have movies that aren't even out of DVD yet! :lol

A Christmas Story is an annual tradition in my home. :lecture

I watch that in bits and pieces every year.

I try to watch movies that match the holiday. I love watching old B horror movies or black and whites at Halloween. Easter is always a religious movie. Christmas is always A Charlie Brown Christmas and Grinch.

When I was a kid I always watched the Jerry Lewis telethon on Labor Day weekend.

My rituals are all horror movie related:

Friday the 13th (random parts 1-8) every single Saturday afternoon.

Halloween (1978) every October 31st followed by random 80's horror movies all night. Lately I've watched horror movies throughout the month of October too.

I sacrifice sheep and other farm animals before watching horror movies on Halloween. I drink their blood, it goes well with my Raisinets.

Back