What are the top ten martial arts movies?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chimera 1

Super Freak
Reaction score
I wanted to know what your favorite martial arts movies are? Sub-titled, old or new it doesn't matter. I am looking to start a solid martial arts collection so help me out by listing your favorites.

36th Chamber of Shaolin
Drunken Master 2
Enter the Dragon
Ong Bak
Fearless
Kill Bill
Master of the Flying Guillotine (it's so bad, but it's so good)

Just off the top of my head... I know I'm missing a TON and I'm sure IronFingaz will contribute to this thread.

36th Chamber of Shaolin
Drunken Master 2
Enter the Dragon
Ong Bak
Fearless
Kill Bill
Master of the Flying Guillotine (it's so bad, but it's so good)

Just off the top of my head... I know I'm missing a TON and I'm sure IronFingaz will contribute to this thread.

I own Kill Bill, and Fearless. I also have Jet Li's Hero.

Have you seen Jet Li`s "Fist of Legend"?

That is a great Martial Arts movie,Jet Li`s best along with Fearless.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/AeHA-19UT6I&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/AeHA-19UT6I&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

LOL!..loved this movie when i was younger, the song playing in it kicks ass, end fight sequence \m/.

Bloodsport.

i agree with a lot of the classic martial arts films like this one, but after seeing movies ong bak and the protector, i was just completely amazed at the martial arts that was in those ones, and i have seen a ridiculous amount of "modern" stuff as well as bruce lee stuff............everything sucked in those 2 films except for the martial arts, which is why i would rank them very high, but they dont have the same effect as some of the other films mentioned.

I really don't watch martial arts flicks too much...but I do like Jackie Chans stuff as much for the stunts as anything.

I did see Bruce Lee's "Game of Death" and I really think that the fight between Bruce Lee and Kareem Abdul Jabar is a classic.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/AeHA-19UT6I&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/AeHA-19UT6I&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

LOL!..loved this movie when i was younger, the song playing in it kicks ass, end fight sequence \m/.

that song is the signature tune for wong fei hoong, the legendary martial arts master in the "once upon a time in china" series.

here's a few classics u must have in your collection:
- iron monkey
- fist of legend
- tai chi master
- ip man
- fearless
- fong sai yuk
- snake in the eagle's shadow
- once upon a time in china (part 1, 2, 3)

modern-day martials arts movies u should also catch:
- spl
- flashpoint
- kung fu hustle
- chocolate
- legendary assassin
- tom yum goong (fighting's excellent, the rest of the movie's unwatchable)

Tai Chi Master (AKA Twin Warriors) is one of my all time favorites. Jet Li is great in it.
I'm a big fan of Hero too, simply for the cinematography and use of colors.

And another vote for Flashpoint for modern ones. The ending fight scene is by far one of the most incredible fights I've seen in movies.

Here is my list... Fist of Legend wins by a mile though, I freakin LOVE that movie. Jet Li's best work bar none.

1: Fist of Legend
2: Drunken Master II
3: Once upon a time in China (all)
4: Hero
5: Fearless
6: Kung Fu Hustle
7: Ong Bak
8: Enter the Dragon
9: Kill Bill
10: Kickboxer (cheesy but I love it)

Here is my list... Fist of Legend wins by a mile though, I freakin LOVE that movie. Jet Li's best work bar none.

1: Fist of Legend
2: Drunken Master II
3: Once upon a time in China (all)
4: Hero
5: Fearless
6: Kung Fu Hustle
7: Ong Bak
8: Enter the Dragon
9: Kill Bill
10: Kickboxer (cheesy but I love it)

Great list Josh! If you haven't seen 36th Chamber of Shaolin though, you must. Totally badass. Kung Fu Hustle was awesome, so was Shaolin Soccer (if you haven't seen it)

Revenge of the Ninja- Sho Kosugi was one of my Childhood heroes
Karate Kid- It counts, sort of
Kung Fu Hustle
House of the Flying Daggers
Enter the Dragon
The Big Boss
Drunken Master II
The Matrix, If Kill Bill counts, then so does this
Ong Bak
Anything else with Bruce Lee in it

Back