What obscure background characters would you like to see in the Angel line?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheObsoleteMan

Super Freak
Reaction score
Der Kindestod and D'Hoffryn made it into the Buffy line so I'm sure Sideshow will try to sneak a couple into the Angel line as well. Two that I would love to see are Numero Cinco and Prince of Lies.

"The Cautionary Tale of Numero Cinco" is one of my favorite episodes, so I'd love to get a Numero Cinco. Prince of Lies just because he was a really cool looking Nosferatu type and he was kooky enough to make him interesting.

Easy answer: Gwen Raiden:

Gwen01.jpg

Also Kate Lockley:

rohm.jpg

my list would be

The Beast
Holtz
Lindsey
Lilah
Knox
Groo
Gavin (yum)
Hamiltion

Some very odd choices, here.

Fan-favorite characters like Gwen Raiden and Skip are hardly "obscure background characters," and major recurring characters like Kate Lockley, Lindsey, Lilah, Holtz, etc., absolutely defy that classification.

How about the Anomovic, Mohra, Ethros, Mohra, and Davrik Demons? And characters like Tay and Jheria and Val Trepkos and Tom Crib?

But for the truly obscure: Armless Woman (Hell Bound), Dead Masked Demon (That Old Gang Of Mine) , Demon Bouncer (The Girl In Question), and my personal favorite, Vampire in Rug (Blind Date).

nmrcnc.jpg

There are very few obscure background characters I'd like to see by that definition FF. But Numfar fits the bill - obscure, only seen in the background, yet a significant cameo.

FrankenFan said:
Some very odd choices, here.

Fan-favorite characters like Gwen Raiden and Skip are hardly "obscure background characters," and major recurring characters like Kate Lockley, Lindsey, Lilah, Holtz, etc., absolutely defy that classification.

How about the Anomovic, Mohra, Ethros, Mohra, and Davrik Demons? And characters like Tay and Jheria and Val Trepkos and Tom Crib?

But for the truly obscure: Armless Woman (Hell Bound), Dead Masked Demon (That Old Gang Of Mine) , Demon Bouncer (The Girl In Question), and my personal favorite, Vampire in Rug (Blind Date).

nmrcnc.jpg

Well I wouldn't characterize D'Hoffryn as an "obscure background character", but since he was mentioned I included choices that would be around his level. No truly "obscure background characters" have been made in the Buffy line, so I don't think a literal interpretation of those words is warranted. It's not like they've made figures of random Buffy classmates.

When I said obscure background characters I just meant characters who aren't main cast members or recurring characters. I guess D'Hoffryn was a bad example because he did have a recurring, if not particularly impactful, role.

Gotcha. Thread topics should not be taken literally and actually answering the question asked is an option. :D

So... Characters that are not main cast members, but have appeared in an episode or three...

Hmmm...

I know! Buffy Summers! And Oz and Willow and...

I was kidding, of course, about the "truly obscure" characters I listed, but I am hoping that some of the more interesting incidental demons will pepper the line to give it some spice. EFX house Almost Human and Angel make-up artist Dayne Johnson created some of the most imaginative creature makeups ever seen on television, and addition to the aforementioned characters in my previous post (Tay & Jheria [She], and Val Tepkos and Tom Cribb [The Ring]), I'd also like to see:

Season 1

Griff (Rm w/a Vu)

Mohra Demon (I Will Remember You)

Tiernan (Hero)

Barney (Parting Gifts)

Ethros Demon (I've Got You Under My Skin)

Howler Demon (The Ring)

Preggothian Demon (Blind Date)

Vocah (To Shanshu In LA)

Season 2

Merl, Kamal, Mordar The Bentback (Judgement)

Vyasa (The Shroud Of Rahmon)

Boone (Blood Money)

Lubber Demon (Happy Anniversary)

Skilosh Demon (Epiphany)

The Vakma (Over The Rainbow)

Silas (Through The Looking Glass)

Yeska (Guise Will Be Guise)

Season 3

Morocan Brain Demon/Fez Boy (That Vision Thing)

Sahjhan (Offspring)

Nahdra Demon (Provider)

Jenoff, Repo Man, Syd & Monica Fryzylckaf (Double Or Nothing)

Season 4

Flesh-Eating Demon (Slouching Toward Bethlehem)

Season 5

Grox'Lar Beast (Just Rewards)

Archduke Sebasis, his servant, Artode, and his slave (Life Of The Party)

Vinji & Sahrvin Leaders (Harm's Way)

Izzy the Devil (You're Welcome)

Cyrus Vail, Kith'harn Demon (Origin)

Fell Brethren (Time Bomb)

Jeeves (The Girl In Question)

And of course, Harmony, Lorne, Numfar, Holtz, The Beast, and Skip!

skip.jpg

If that Skip banner has been around, sorry for the delay on acknowledging how great it is. If it's new... about time!

YAY SKIP!! You can't go wrong with a demon with handle-bars.

Great suggestions so far. Being the fan that I am, I've got to toss out a few of my own that I'd like to see at some point, some more obscure than others:

Penn (Somnambulist)

Lina, The Demon Brothel Girl (War Zone)

Kleynach, Senior Partner Manifestation (Reprise)

Mesektet (Forgiving)

The Monster/Zelot Creature (Sacrifice)- I imagine this one is about as likely as Grievous is to the Star Wars line.

High Priest/Guardian of the Word & Keeper of the Name (Peace Out)

I'll throw in my vote for everyone from the Black Thorn group and Drogon. S. 5 is rife with great possibilities.

Hydralisk said:
I've got to toss out a few of my own that I'd like to see at some point, some more obscure than others:

Nice pick with Lina, and a Zealot High Priest and Creature would definitely be a cool combo!

I kept my list to basically humanoid characters that could utilize the standard Sideshow bodies, but I'd love to see some of the more exotic demons, like Dinza (Ground State), too.

Darklord Dave said:
I'll throw in my vote for everyone from the Black Thorn group and Drogon. S. 5 is rife with great possibilities.

Even Senator Helen Bruckner and the three uncredited extras?

Drogyn the Battlebrand was an interesting character, but IMO, would not make a very interesting-looking figure. As you wrote, season 5 alone is "rife with great possibilities." I hope Sideshow recognizes this, too, and produces a ratio of at least two demons to every one main cast member. Hey, I can dream, can't I?

(Btw, the Skip banner has been around since mid-November.)

Illyria.jpg

Okay, maybe not the humans. But Izzy and Sebassus especially would make great figures. Can't have Sebassus without his slave too.

Drogyn could almost be a slightly redressed Aragorn - can't have too many knights.

OMG, soooo many cool figures to make. I was all ready with a couple I though would be cool but then reading through all the previous posts, they ALL would be cool. I can't pick an obscure character that hasn't already been mentioned.

Darklord Dave said:
Okay, maybe not the humans. But Izzy and Sebassus especially would make great figures. Can't have Sebassus without his slave too.

I think Sebassis and Cyrus Vail are must-haves. How about an exclusive Izzy in his racquetball suit?

That is one of the best images ever.

Also, not really of much interest to me, but others might like to see a few variations on the zombie cops from "The Thin Dead Line."

Back