Does anyone else do this?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chimera 1

Super Freak
Reaction score
I tend to watch a movie that I like a million times when it is on Cable. I will even go looking for the movie on-demand. But for some reason, if I go out and buy the movie on DVD/bluray I never think to pop it in the dvd player to watch it when I am looking for something on TV. I have watched so many movies on TV with their digital couterpart sitting on my shelf to the point where I have unopened disc's collecting dust. I was just wondering if anyone else does this?

NO....thats crazy! Most definately not! :horror

possibly.....:(

Yes :sick (hangs head in shame)

Happens with me quite a bit. I have lots of good movies that I may have only seen once or twice, but if some mediocre movie like "the Negotiator" or "Men in Black" comes on, I'll often keep it on in the background while I work. But for me, it isn't that I want to see that movie, its just that I'm too lazy to go searching for something better.

yep i do and sit through the ads when i could just put the frigging dvd in wtf!? :google :lol

Yes! A few times, don't leave them sealed though

Yeah I usually buy a movie after i have watched it a few times on cable so since it is on a steady rotation, I forget that i bought the movie then when it comes on again I watch it because seeing it on the "guide" reminds me how much I like it.

You know i wonder why they never came out with a DVD changer like they have with CD's. That would be awesome, so you could just load in like 10 dvd's and play them randomly.

I can't say that I have ever done that.

With me it's like the moment I buy a movie or tv-show on dvd, I'll never watch it again when it's aired on tv.

Yeah I usually buy a movie after i have watched it a few times on cable so since it is on a steady rotation, I forget that i bought the movie then when it comes on again I watch it because seeing it on the "guide" reminds me how much I like it.

You know i wonder why they never came out with a DVD changer like they have with CD's. That would be awesome, so you could just load in like 10 dvd's and play them randomly.

There is a DVD Changer. My dad has a 200 disc DVD/CD Changer that's probably 10 years old. Not sure what brand.

If there is an interesting movie on TV, I have the DVD, and I'm interested in watching it, then I'll grab the DVD, and watch it the right away.

I do this with movies like Star Wars, even though I own them all on DVD. Usually I just use it as background noise, though, while I do other things.

I do this with movies like Star Wars, even though I own them all on DVD. Usually I just use it as background noise, though, while I do other things.

A New Hope was on last night and I put that on while I was doing other stuff. Empire Strikes Back is on tonight, so I'll probably do the same. What was sad, is that they played A New Hope back-to-back and I left it on both times :lol:lol:lol

I tend to watch a movie that I like a million times when it is on Cable. I will even go looking for the movie on-demand. But for some reason, if I go out and buy the movie on DVD/bluray I never think to pop it in the dvd player to watch it when I am looking for something on TV. I have watched so many movies on TV with their digital couterpart sitting on my shelf to the point where I have unopened disc's collecting dust. I was just wondering if anyone else does this?

For exactly that reason, I purchased an AppleTV, and now can access any DVD I own with a couple of buttons on my remote control. AppleTV is basically a device that connects to the my computer via a network -- so, I've loaded all of my DVDs on a terabyte hard drive, and can call them up right off of my computer. Operates through iTunes. I'm thinking nobel prize for the dude that thought it up.

SnakeDoc

Back