Looks like Harrison to Me!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sculpt is fine, it's the simple paintjob that messes it up. I'm not seeing any subtleties in the facial paint, so things like the eyebrows and hair stick out too much and the intricately sculpted nuances of the face are lost in the single-tone flesh color.

A repaint done by a skilled artist would give us a "prototype pic" work of art.

So glad I cancelled 'Fake Tan Han'. :D They nail the sculpt, but screw up the paintwork. Some things never change. :confused:

FlyAndFight said:
The sculpt is fine, it's the simple paintjob that messes it up. I'm not seeing any subtleties in the facial paint, so things like the eyebrows and hair stick out too much and the intricately sculpted nuances of the face are lost in the single-tone flesh color.

A repaint done by a skilled artist would give us a "prototype pic" work of art.

The Han on the box is a work of art because it looks like Harrison. The painted product that came out of the box was a disappointment. The hair and eyebrows are too dark and the skin tone is a little off. I think he's going back and I'll stick to non-human and helmeted characters.

I totally agree, Andy sculpted the ultimate Han Solo and the paint job has taken away from it substantially. Hopefully some have better paint applications than the pics I have seen so far.

I was a little worried after seeing some of the pics of this floating around, but once I saw the 1/4 Han first hand, all my worries disappeared. The likeness is dead on. It truly is unreal how accurate this piece is. By far the best likenss of Han ever produced. Kudos SS! Well done! :)

For the regular Han owners, is your base paint splotchy? Mine looks a little splotchy and there are some random gray dots on it. It's very distracting to me. Still trying to decide if I want to keep him and get a base replacement.

JohnyBoo said:
I totally agree, Andy sculpted the ultimate Han Solo and the paint job has taken away from it substantially. Hopefully some have better paint applications than the pics I have seen so far.

This seems to have happened twice now to Andy. As I was talking to my contact at SS the otherday about the Han piece saying that man people are really raking it over the coals because the sculpt is great, but the paint job is really taking away from what Andy did on Han. Not to mention what the paint job did to Luke which really made that piece not be very impressive at all. The eyes on look make him look like he needs to really get some sleep before he dies of exhaustion.

Poor Andy.:sick

Re: Luke

The paint job on my 1/4 Luke is awesome as well. The SS 1/4 Han and Luke are by far the best likenesses of the character's ever produced. If you have the means, go get'em! :)

I got lucky with my Luke as well. I think the paint apps were perfect compared to some of the pictures I saw posted.

i don't know why people complain about luke too much. looks damn fine to me. very good likeness. i saw four in front of me already. all of them looked fine. han looks much better in this photo. don't like his kermit the frog arms too much. other than that he is fine and very good likeness.

As I said in my Han thread, the paint job is a bit disappointing. There is less variation in skin tone than in a standard 12" figure. But I was very happy with the paint job on the Luke I got.

As far as luke the likeness is very good IMO Andy did a great great job but the painters really seemed to have messed it up.

I've seen some Luke pictures where it looks like he's wearing lipstick. Luckily mine didn't have that problem.

My paint looked alright, but the arms are both tilted too far forward. It doesn't look like Han's going for the right gun, IYKWIM. Are the arms repositionable at all? I couldn't budge them without applying more pressure than I was willing. There's definitely a lot of good stuff going on in this figure, but it is our (high-end-collector-fanatic-message-board-types) nature to focus on the bugs. :cool:

Ah -- My 300th post! Slow and Steady ... That's my motto :peace

IMO, if a figure is going to lose articulation, then it's body proportions need to be perfect. No excuses. Especially for the price. Unfortunately, the abnormally skinny arms show that this in the not case with the Han figure.

I take it that the folks here who think that Han's arms are too skinny do not have the statue in front of them. I can tell you (since I have actually bought the statue and it is sitting on my shelf) that his arms are just fine. :)

spaceman: The arms were the same way on mine, but I could move the right arm enough to put the index finger behind the blaster handle. I was also able to slip the thumb on the left hand under his belt. If it's really cold where you live, it may be more difficult. Go slow.

There's a lot more play in the arms than on Luke (I think). I have one pic where Han is holding the gun out in front of him. Had no problem repositioning them, although I wouldn't want to do it too often.

Darklord Dave said:
There's a lot more play in the arms than on Luke (I think). I have one pic where Han is holding the gun out in front of him. Had no problem repositioning them, although I wouldn't want to do it too often.

Thanks Mini-Rock & Dave. It makes me a bit braver to know you've had some success. :cool:

Looks like Harrison to Me!

Not even close...
harrisongeorge7dn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back