help with broken darth maul sideshow figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacktherack

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
i bought a sideshow darth maul 1/6th scale on ebay a while ago. there were a couple things wrong with it that the seller forgot to mention. for one the belt was broken. not that big of deal i can glue it back on. the second problem was far worse.

i was taking his boots off his right boot came off perfectly the left boot didn't. his foot came off very easily and slid itself into the boot. i finally got it out but then i tried to snap it back into place, it stayed there very loosely and fell off again. i don't want to glue it because then the foot wont be able to move up and down.

does anyone know what i should do? or if there is any way of repairing it?

Is it the peg that keeps coming out of the leg? If so wrap some tape round it so its tight, the foot can still move then.

Can you take a pic of the problem? If I can see what is happening maybe I can help?

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/general/mezco-relaunches-family-guy-line/?tracker=4075"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/general/mezco-relaunches-family-guy-line/?tracker=4075" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>Can you take a pic of the problem? If I can see what is happening maybe I can help?

Definitely show us a pic.

Teflon tape. Wrap it around the peg and jam it in there. You need to tighten the socket so it holds the peg. If that doesn't work, TA has spare bodies for cheap! :D

i bought a sideshow darth maul 1/6th scale on ebay a while ago. there were a couple things wrong with it that the seller forgot to mention. for one the belt was broken. not that big of deal i can glue it back on. the second problem was far worse.

i was taking his boots off his right boot came off perfectly the left boot didn't. his foot came off very easily and slid itself into the boot. i finally got it out but then i tried to snap it back into place, it stayed there very loosely and fell off again. i don't want to glue it because then the foot wont be able to move up and down.

does anyone know what i should do? or if there is any way of repairing it?

sorry for bumping this old thread. but i forgot about it and forgot to check it for years. i just displayed the figure. but i bought it on ebay and when i took the boot off the foot was stuck in the boot. i think the foot peg is missing.. i'm not sure though... is there a way i can get a replacement. cause i payed 60 bucks for it 5 bucks over retail and no it wasn't the inclusive edition.

well, he's REALLY old, and i doubt sideshow can help you with a replacement.

Your best bet is to simply get a different body, and swap him over to it .

do an e-bay search for sideshow Maul loose or sideshow maul body an see what you find.

The feet are pretty standard... essentially they just plug onto the bottom of the leg.

If it is messed up, you could always do a bit of surgery and replace the bottom of the leg with another buck (even if its not black, it would never be seen). Although I'd probably just swap it over to one of the 1.0 Prometheus bodies... they are the same height, but will fill out the body much better; and you can still use the same hands and feet.

A Snake-Eyes body would work great.... I bet there's quite a few freaks that have them just paying around too... Start a thread in the WTB section. Well, once you get enough posts that is...

I used my Snake Eyes body for Luke... I thought about using it for Maul, but with how baggy his clothes are it almost seemed unnecessary.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcSX_ikbYqs&feature=g-upl&context=G20178cbAUAAAAAAAAAA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcSX_ikbYqs&feature=g-upl&context=G20178cbAUAAAAAAAAAA[/ame]

here is the video i made showing whats wrong with it..

and yet again posting again because last time i made a video and couldn't post it on the forums because i didn't have enough posts. i have the video up search on youtube broken darth maul sideshow figure it is the first result. i want this figure fixed so bad because i love it. and now i think sideshow is charging 150 or so for their 12 inches when this came out it was less then 60 dollers.

Looks like a rod is meant to go through the ankle area to keep the foot in.

You could try replacing it with a makeshift alternative. without owning a figure with feet like that, my immediate thought was maybe a piece of styrene rod could fit in there, tightened with tape in the middle to give adequate friction for the foot to move, (or the superglue trick) then glued in at the side of the ankles to stay in place. Maybe even a tooth pick would do

edit: looks like there arent any holes in the side of the ankles to slide a replacement rod in, do you have a very small drill bit or a rotary tool? lol

If so, secure the figure body and drill through the ankle (with the foot in place) so you get an even hole all the way through the ankle and the round hole in the foot - now you can slide a rod of the same diameter of the drillbit used through (make sense?) Styrene rods of standard diameters are available online, made by a company called evergreen scale models. Don't use too big a drillbit, might break the plastic.

The plastic looks slippery so get some rough sandpaper and give the area you are gonna drill a little sanding so the drillbit can get traction without sliding off the curve.

Sounds like a lot of DIY but is a 5min job if you've got the stuff and are brave enough!

Last edited:
This isn't just a simple body swap? After 3 years, I would have either had it repaired or bought a new one. You're not getting this figure for $60, though.

okay really sorry about bumping this one last time but google search sucks and douse't help at all. computers will never replace people.
anyway i've decided to buy a body. i can't find any darth maul sideshow body's. i also searched and found out it was an art s buck body, unfortunatly i can't any information beyond that.

there has to be cheap body's that i can buy that will be compatible with the head and hands and clothes and is the right size, even if it's just a blank body. does anyone know of a body that will work? the only critiria is that it is black is the shorter body and is compatible with the hands and head of the figure, and hopefully the cheapest one, around 10-20 dollers.

anyone know? thanks for the help...

Back