I won a contest to see Depeche Mode @ Hollywood Bowl...!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kuzeh

Machete Don't Tweet!
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I think I mentioned this @ some thread, but now that the details have been covered and I got actual confirmation of everything, I wanted to share this with you guys!! :rock!!

I've been a fan of Depeche Mode since the late 80's, I played the Keyboard so DM was right up my alley!
But I never got the chance to see them live... when I lived in Mexico I couldn't afford tickets when they were there a couple of times...

So my wife signed us up for a contest on Amazon, and we won!!
Wohoo!!!
We'll be there from Sunday 16th thru the 18th, concert is on the 17th. Here's what's included: roundtrip airfare, transportation from airport to hotel, 2 nights stay @ Hollywood Heights Hotel and obviously our tickets!!
i'm so excited that after all these years, I'll finally can watch one of my favorite bands live!!! :banana:banana:banana

This will be our first time in Hollywood too, so we want to do a bit of everything...
I really wanted to go to Magic Castle, but seems like you can only go if a member invites you... anybody know a member?.. :lol
We might go for a short while to Universal, Chinese Theater, Walk of Fame are obvious choices, but, what else do you guys recommend?

Anyway... just wanted to share my excitement with you guys!!
Any fans of DM here?

I'm not big on their current stuff, but their 80s and early 90s stuff is awesome! Congrats!

Congrats Jose! You deserve it buddy, it looks like karma came back your way (my brother recieved his figure today) Enjoy my friend.

I never enter contest becuase I always think I'll never win, good for you. Have a great time. Good to see a true fan win.

Congrats, Kuzeh! :rock

I LOVE DM including the new song "Wrong" and I am extremely envious of you!

Re the Magic Castle, let me know if you find a member because I want to go, too. I was lucky enough to go many years ago and although it is very expensive it is also very worth it.
th_nod.gif

You'll be right by Hollywood and Highland so there is plenty for you to see. Enjoy and Congrats!

Yes! I was checking places online and seems like there's more than enough places to visit!

One of their best songs for sure!!
My favorite all time DM song is Blasphemous Rumors though... :D

I'm not big on their current stuff, but their 80s and early 90s stuff is awesome! Congrats!

The new album has a very "earley Depeche" feel to it...
check this video out of the song "Worng"... it's awesome!!
(embedding is disabled...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bsXOcK9_Cw

Love that song!!

Depeche Mode still rocks today. I'm jealous.

They do still rock hard!!!
:D

Congrats Jose! You deserve it buddy, it looks like karma came back your way (my brother recieved his figure today) Enjoy my friend.
Thanks man... I'm glad he finally got it!! :rock!!

I never enter contest becuase I always think I'll never win, good for you. Have a great time. Good to see a true fan win.

Thanks! I usually never win stuff, but I've been lucky as of late...
maybe I should go to Vegas! :lol

Congrats, Kuzeh! :rock

I LOVE DM including the new song "Wrong" and I am extremely envious of you!

Re the Magic Castle, let me know if you find a member because I want to go, too. I was lucky enough to go many years ago and although it is very expensive it is also very worth it.
th_nod.gif

Thanks a lot... I really want to go there...
hopefully I'll find a way...

Wow that is awesome, congrats! Amazon ftw!

Guess you gotta do the Hollywood thing. The M. Toussouds wax museum I think just opened next to Grauman's.

I guess you could probably skip the beaches, it's not like you have a shortage down there. Hey is this your first time going to LA, what's the deal man!? :D

i really dig Depeche Mode... i consider Violator a perfect album and a hell of a great start to the 90s...

now that Gahan has cleaned up his habits, their shows are the best they have been in a decade... you are going to have a great time! your hotel is on Highland... slap dab in the middle of it all... just allow yourself plenty of time to account for traffic (the places you mentioned wanting to see are very close by)...

you may also want to check out Meltdown comics and Golden Apple Comics... both in the area... if you rent a car, Echo Base Toys is a half hour drive east (at the right time of day)...

Last edited:
Sweet Deal, the Hollywood Bowl is great. I try to go about 5-6 times a year for their various concerts, I love that place. Congrats again.

I think I mentioned this @ some thread, but now that the details have been covered and I got actual confirmation of everything, I wanted to share this with you guys!! :rock!!

I've been a fan of Depeche Mode since the late 80's, I played the Keyboard so DM was right up my alley!
But I never got the chance to see them live... when I lived in Mexico I couldn't afford tickets when they were there a couple of times...

So my wife signed us up for a contest on Amazon, and we won!!
Wohoo!!!
We'll be there from Sunday 16th thru the 18th, concert is on the 17th. Here's what's included: roundtrip airfare, transportation from airport to hotel, 2 nights stay @ Hollywood Heights Hotel and obviously our tickets!!
i'm so excited that after all these years, I'll finally can watch one of my favorite bands live!!! :banana:banana:banana

This will be our first time in Hollywood too, so we want to do a bit of everything...
I really wanted to go to Magic Castle, but seems like you can only go if a member invites you... anybody know a member?.. :lol
We might go for a short while to Universal, Chinese Theater, Walk of Fame are obvious choices, but, what else do you guys recommend?

Anyway... just wanted to share my excitement with you guys!!
Any fans of DM here?

That's awesome, Kuzeh!!
I saw them back on the Violator tour in Philadelphia and it was an amazing show.

Have fun, my friend!

Wow that is awesome, congrats! Amazon ftw!

Guess you gotta do the Hollywood thing. The M. Toussouds wax museum I think just opened next to Grauman's.

I guess you could probably skip the beaches, it's not like you have a shortage down there. Hey is this your first time going to LA, what's the deal man!? :D

That might be an option, I'll check it out...
I'll pass on the beaches, we're there just for a couple of days.

And I just moved to San Diego last year from Chicago, been to Glendale an Universal for day trips, but that's it... first time to experience Los Angeles

i really dig Depeche Mode... i consider Violator a perfect album and a hell of a great start to the 90s...

now that Gahan has cleaned up his habits, their shows are the best they have been in a decade... you are going to have a great time! your hotel is on Highland... slap dab in the middle of it all... just allow yourself plenty of time to account for traffic (the places you mentioned wanting to see are very close by)...

you may also want to check out Meltdown comics and Golden Apple Comics... both in the area... if you rent a car, Echo Base Toys is a half hour drive east (at the right time of day)...

I'll check 'em out for sure!
Thanks for the tip!!

Sweet Deal, the Hollywood Bowl is great. I try to go about 5-6 times a year for their various concerts, I love that place. Congrats again.

Yes, judging by the pics and shows, looks like an awesome venue!

your taste in music sucks

Wait... aren't you the dude that died in an earthquake not long ago?... :horror
Now enlighten me... what music do YOU listen to?...

Reminds me of my childhood. I still love 80's music :banana
:banana:banana

Congratulations bro! LOVE Depeche Mode. Have seen them twice now and they were great both times.
Thanks man! I can't wait!! :rock

That's awesome, Kuzeh!!
I saw them back on the Violator tour in Philadelphia and it was an amazing show.

Have fun, my friend!

Will do!! :rock!!

Last edited:
Loved DM in the '80s. Haven't really kept up with them though. Should be a killer show.

Back