1/6 iron monger. (not from HT)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it. If they can make the paint apps look good then I'll probably pick it up. HT has an Obadiah sculpt on one of their military figures that will work as a good replacement if needed.

Since it is listed as a kit from an unknown company, it may just be sold unpainted and not assembled (IM suit) like most model kits are.

It looks light. Meaning it looks amazingly hollow...The head is off and Obi looks like half a torso. I wonder if you can transplant the heads since it is quoted with coming with a suit. I guarantee you this won't be anywhere near HT quality and since I can't paint worth a damn it won't make a difference to me. Should be interesting to see at what pricepoint this come in especially considering that it'll be a model...

Interesting... any bets as to whether this is licensed or not? Looks cool though, and might be fun to try and paint a giant kit.

I'm guessing since they are using the actual names of characters its probably licensed or else Marvel will probably stop it dead in its tracks. Its also an inch too small. According to SWS, the full size Iron Monger was 10' tall which in 1:6 is 20"...this is only 19".

Very interested. If the final product turns out well I'll pay whatever it cost. Hopefully it'll be reasonable. If anything it's a great starting point for custom work. I won't loose sleep over it being 1 inch too short. And I agree. If an unknown company can just come out of left field and make this thing a reality, makes you wonder if HT was just being lazy.

I wouldn't say lazy, as was mentioned on page 1, I really think it just wasn't cost efficient enough for them to make it. Can't really blame them

A copy of the email message I just sent them. Hopefully they'll answer these questions...

I came across your web site and I'm very interested in the development of the 1/6 scale Iron Monger model kit. Could you provide more information about this kit? When will the final product be revealed? What is the projected release date? What is the estimated cost? How many units do you plan to produce? Will it be distributed and sold to U.S. customers? Will it come pre-painted or mostly pre-assembled? Will it be articulated? Approximate product weight? Again, I'm very interested in learning more about the development of this model kit and look forward to hearing from you.

P1000182%20Markeda.jpg

P1000172%20MArkeda.jpg

P1000177%20Markeda.jpg

The gun on the right arm is wrong and the legs especially the joints by the thigh are a little too spread out.....look a bit awkward. I wonder how much revision this will go under by the time it gets to final product...

ironmonger_big.jpg

i suspect this will be sold as an unpainted resin kt (basicslly a garage kit). many garage kits are/were actually unlicensed and avoid use of actual character names etc. the use of the "iron monger" and "obadiah" names and the lack of Marvel/Paramount copyright/TM notices does set off a red flag. They should remove those references to avoid further legal issues. and painting/customizing is more than 50% of the fun - i'm glad this is in kit form (as i ften end up repainting factory paint jobs anyways). plus this armor should be a pretty straightforward paint job with an airbrush.

and the military fig with the Obadiah headsculpt is by Soldier Story (PMC Instructor).

The gun on the right arm is wrong and the legs especially the joints by the thigh are a little too spread out.....look a bit awkward. I wonder how much revision this will go under by the time it gets to final product...

Good observation, but like I said it's a great starting point. I'm sure the company is anxious to receive some feedback. The buzz is just starting to circulate, and I'm sure company reps are monitoring the toy forums to gauge reaction. I'd like a perfect product as much as the next guy, so let's hope they're listening to the critique.

Back