Code 3 releases Vader's TIE Signature Edition!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesseawilson

Super Freak
Reaction score
15036_11_large.jpg

With James Earl Jones's sig and that base it's perfect....... except for the battle damage! :banghead

Keep up the good work with the diorama bases though!!

Jesse

Battle damage? Yuck. Everything else about it is sweet!

It's weird that the regular release will have an undamaged fighter with a plain base. The best bet would be to have both and put the undamaged fighter with the diorama base and signature. :)

$495 for the sig version. I dont like the damage version but the base is cool as heck. Its good to see they are trying different stuff now.

I'm probably mistaken but aren't these Code 3 ships diecast?

Also, I'm just not seeing the detailing justifying such a high price. Again, I'm only basing this on the pics and not having one in hand. Would really be interested in hearing from those that collect these pieces.

The black ship stand usually blends right in with the black base. With the same black stand on a detailed base, it really begins to draw attention to itself. The ship no longer seems to be floating in space as with the black on black. Would have loved it if they had found a better way to hold up the ship--a clear acrylic stand, maybe?

tomandshell said:
The black ship stand usually blends right in with the black base. With the same black stand on a detailed base, it really begins to draw attention to itself. The ship no longer seems to be floating in space as with the black on black. Would have loved it if they had found a better way to hold up the ship--a clear acrylic stand, maybe?

I agree the stand should of been clear or something else used instead.

Base looks great - battle damage SUCKS. I hope that is just for the sig version.

Anyone know if this base will be used for the reg version as well?

More Pics.........

Man that battle damage is craptacular, I haven't heard one person that likes it....

t5.jpg

t1.jpg

t6.jpg

Jesse

That's a very cool piece, and is easily Code 3's best. I agree that the battle damage looks bad. I'm waiting for the MR version.

Now, that base looks bad ass! Man, I hope we get a chance to grab base like that for the non-sigs. As for the battle damage...I'm not sure what to think of it. It's a great effort on Code3 no doubt, but they picked the wrong ship to do it on.

Hopefully, they start shipping the LE soon. I got my acrylic cover for it today and all I have is a post-it in there that says "TIE goes here." :D

I got my case a few months ago and have been not-so-patiently waiting ever since....

The Tie would have been fine with weathering, maybe some blaster hits or carbon scoring. But what they did looks like a freaking shark bite.....

If anyone wants the battle damaged one I will be happy to buy the sig version and trade you for your non BD.

Jesse

What were they thinking?? I can't imagine who would enjoy the battle damage. Was that ever depicted in the movie?

JustinLuck said:
What were they thinking?? I can't imagine who would enjoy the battle damage. Was that ever depicted in the movie?

No, which doesn't make sense why they would all of a sudden do this starting with Vader's TIE. The RGS has some battle scarring on it, but no battle damage. It's an exquisite piece, but that is the kind of thing that can get away with some extra battle damage. The AT-ST, as nice as it is, could have used some battle damage. Code3 makes an awesome product, but they need to make those kind of decisions more wisely.

I'll be keeping my order for the LE since I don't care for sigs or battle damage for this particular piece.

Anakin said:
yes.why spend $500 on a inferior product? master replicas will blow this little thing out of water with the ultimate tie fighter
:joy

Actually you'll be able to pick the non sig up for about $200 VS colse to $1000 I am sure for the MR TIE. That has always made the decision for me. That and the MR is plastic and I ave seen alot of them broken....

Jesse

Jesseawilson said:
Actually you'll be able to pick the non sig up for about $200 VS colse to $1000 I am sure for the MR TIE. That has always made the decision for me. That and the MR is plastic and I ave seen alot of them broken....
Jesse

yeah,it may be plastic but it's very solid, and a accurate replica. and about beeing broken, the same goes to code 3. many x-wings broken i've seen, paint flaws, between other things. in the end, it's what you pay for. code3 it's a budget option.

The only disappointing thing about this is the rodent, I mean 'battle', damage. :confused: Thank god they didn't get Prowse's autograph...otherwise they could have had the first die-cast shelfwarmer. :horror

Anakin said:
yeah,it may be plastic but it's very solid, and a accurate replica. and about beeing broken, the same goes to code 3. many x-wings broken i've seen, paint flaws, between other things.

I have not seen one C3 broken X-Wing but i'll take your word for it as I can kind of see how it could be done. It really comes down to numbers for me the frequency of breakage is much higher with the studio scale. Except for the guns on the AT-ST and the X-Wing the rest of the entire line is pretty indistructable.

Anakin said:
in the end, it's what you pay for. code3 it's a budget option.

While admitedly I buy them because they are cheaper, people who know me know that I am not afraid to spend money. If I felt I were getting 3-4-5 times of a product then I could justify the 3-4-5 times price. But I just dont see that with the MR SS when compared to the C3.

Jesse

Back