DC Direct 1:6 Scale Deluxe Collector Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironman1188

SO BE IT
Reaction score
I figures this would be the place to ask, if it is the wrong area, please move. Is there any interest in the early issued 13" DC Direct heroes? I checked thru ebay and there didn't seem to be much movement on them. Are they better boxed and stored away or is there someplace that still deals with them?
Thanks for your help.

Re: DC Direct 1:6?

There are a lot of threads in here about the DCD13. They are becoming more popular and the early ones are difficult to get now.

The DC Direct 1:6 / 13" figures are hit and miss. Some are good, but some are not so good. IMHO . . . the current pricing does not equal the design/quality of the figures in general.

The DC Direct 1:6 / 13" figures are hit and miss. Some are good, but some are not so good. IMHO . . . the current pricing does not equal the design/quality of the figures in general.

I have some of the early ones and didn't know if it was worth selling them or not.

The original Green Lantern used to be the grail of the DCD line but is fairly easy to get at this point.

I really don't think so. I think that while the line is continuing regularly it's not the powerhouse it once was. I bought GL for $150 shipped last week and today a GL closed at $90 shipped with other GLs selling for less than that. Superman, the original, is selling for half of it's once worth and new releases selling for dirt prices. The comic Joker who was MSRP'd at $90 is selling in the low $40s...

I really don't think so. I think that while the line is continuing regularly it's not the powerhouse it once was. I bought GL for $150 shipped last week and today a GL closed at $90 shipped with other GLs selling for less than that. Superman, the original, is selling for half of it's once worth and new releases selling for dirt prices. The comic Joker who was MSRP'd at $90 is selling in the low $40s...
Guess I'll just play it by ear then. Thanks for the help.
I have most of them and I know I like them. They don't deserve the bash they often get. I wish I'd had toys like that as a kid...
The bodies are terrible compared to other 1:6 figures and thats another thing.... at 13" they don't blend in with true 1:6 figures. I agree that, as a kid, these would have rocked but they don't fit in with the rest of my 1:6 collection. A shame actually, because I like the way they did the outfits and think they'd look extremely well on a well muscled BBI or Twisting toys figure.

I used to own a bunch of these and heres what I thought:

Price: not worth it compared to SS and HT products at a smidgen more. Most can be bought for nearly half price of the release value thru eBay except for the difficult ones people have already mentioned (GL and first Supes with the Kent outfit).

Articulation: not all that good but enough for Supes to hold his signature 'up up n away!' pose (see my freaks gallery for more pics). The 'cut' biceps and thighs really bother some people. Didn't bother me in terms of looks but the cloth costumes could snag on the cut joints sometimes.

Sculpt and paints: I've pretty much liked all the ones I've owned so far - Classic Supes, GL, both Bats, Catwoman, Martian Manhunter - only the Joker was dissapointing due to his dodgy painted right eye, which all of them had.

Also these aren't 1/6 scale... they do look too big next to scaled 1:6... but they look awesome displayed off in their own area.

Conclusion: I really like these figures and would love to carry on collecting them but I just dont have the space! I've only kept Supes and Bats but the rest had to go... as people are looking for these cheaper than retail I wouldnt expect to get your money back on them if you paid full price. If you are just starting out collecting this line then DONT pay release prices... wait even a month or two and the prices come down. Even the HTF ones can be at a reasonable price... I paid nearly $120 for my GL... did someone say they bought one for $90... patience pays off.

Dammit I just realised the OP wanted to know about prices to sell his collection... not wanting feedback if he should collect these or not... oh well, my fault :huh

I'd disagree with the bit about GL, he was selling for around $250... then after they released the V2 he tanked quickly. Sure some of it could be interest in the series waning, but when you can get (essentially) the same figure w/ 3 extra sculpts for less (than what the V1 was selling for) the value of the first release will be affected. Not to mention now you can find the V2 for like $70.

I think a 2nd Superman has also been released... or at least a 2nd version was announced at one point.

Also, I think most of the figures sell low just because they kind of suck. Bad articulation, and somewhat cheap looking figures that are way out of scale with other figures can make for a tough sale.

Well, I had originally bought the first Supes (with Kent suit) in hopes that I wouldn't mind the size difference from all my other 1:6 or that I could adapt his costume onto a more muscular 12" figure. The sculpts was decent but the cut joints did bother me. Such a step backwards in terms of production nowadays. GL I got because I was always a fan of the Hal Jordan version and thats the one I always read as a kid. I just got sucked up in them and got Aquaman and Flash, again mostly still hoping that there would be a way to convert the outfits.
Guess I'm stuck now. :(

then after they released the V2 he tanked quickly. Sure some of it could be interest in the series waning, but when you can get (essentially) the same figure w/ 3 extra sculpts for less (than what the V1 was selling for) the value of the first release will be affected. Not to mention now you can find the V2 for like $70. I think a 2nd Superman has also been released... or at least a 2nd version was announced at one point.

The v2 is in the standard Corps suit which is different that the suit than the suit he wore in the first version that was released. It could have 14 Headsculpts most hardcore GL fans would immediately know the difference. While some people bought the new one just to have a GL it definitely doesn't suffice, not to mention I believe the new one doesn't have a removable mask on Hal.... The 2nd Superman is in a completely different Suit with smaller S, different coloring not to mention completely different Headsculpt.

The v2s done by DCD have been good at offering them completely different than what was offered before but the interest in the line is definitely what is taking the hit on the price. My LCS used to be sold out of every figure without question, now they have a ton of figures just rotting on the shelves

I've got both GL and you can remove both masks!

To be honnest, I don't thing the comparison with TT's is fair. They don't compete in the same category. Besides, I own the HT superman returns, and I much prefer the fist DC direct Superman as supermen go. HT is too scrawny! He looks like my neighbor dressed as Superman.

That's funny, I've said it many times. I like TT bodies, they're good, but still, I don't understand the craze about them. They're good, not just THAT good!

The v2 is in the standard Corps suit which is different that the suit than the suit he wore in the first version that was released. It could have 14 Headsculpts most hardcore GL fans would immediately know the difference. While some people bought the new one just to have a GL it definitely doesn't suffice, not to mention I believe the new one doesn't have a removable mask on Hal.... The 2nd Superman is in a completely different Suit with smaller S, different coloring not to mention completely different Headsculpt.

The v2s done by DCD have been good at offering them completely different than what was offered before but the interest in the line is definitely what is taking the hit on the price. My LCS used to be sold out of every figure without question, now they have a ton of figures just rotting on the shelves

The only difference between the two costumes is the shoulders correct? Now I'm not saying interest and sales over time didn't effect the price. But as soon as the V2 of GL was announced priced dropped... I remember because I had just bought one about a month before (luckily got a very good deal) so I was interested in and watched values after the V2 was announced.

George Brewer interview on Actionfigure Insider - in the last 2 mins of part 2 he addresses the DCD13.https://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/

He mentions an upcoming Alan Scott - but pretty much says the line is dying down. I think it's time to do a list thread of who they still need to do in this line.

I'd go for all the Teen Titans (although they need a teen girl body):
Kid Flash
Aqua Lad
Wonder Girl (Troy)
Raven
Speedy

and for others:
Hawkman
Hawkgirl
Black Adam
Captain Marvel Jr.
Mary Marvel
Dr. Midnite
Hourman (Rex Tyler)
Booster Gold
Guy Gardner
Star Sapphire
Brainiac
Doomsday
Mongul
Darkseid
Mr. Miracle
Batwoman (new one)
Hush
Riddler
Penguin
Etrigan
Starman (Ted Knight and Jack Knight)
..and more

I think there's enough to keep it going for a while...

I actually thought the line was picking up and becoming more popular, though I think the price point shouldn't be going as high as it has.

I actually thought the line was picking up and becoming more popular, though I think the price point shouldn't be going as high as it has.

His point was that they've "made everyone that people would want to see".

His point was that they've "made everyone that people would want to see".

Sorry Dave, I was only going on what you wrote. I haven't watched the video yet, but I do see much potential for future releases. There are still dozens of characters left to develop as you had mentioned before. Plus, DC Direct can always revamp character just like they did with the upcoming Flash and the just announced Catwoman. I'd personally like to see a new shorter "teen" female body for Raven, Starfire, and for possibly relaunched Batgirl and Supergirl figures and I can't wait for Hawkman and Hawkgirl.

Back