Collector Rewards Program

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
Be on the look out in 2006 for the launch of a spiffy new Collector Rewards program from Sideshow!

Granted, this week's newsletter has given us much to discuss, but there's something we haven't started talking about yet...and I don't mean the Governator Bust. I for one am excited to hear what Sideshow has in mind for their rewards program, yet another way for them to show some love to their loyal customers. I sure hope that it's something cool! Just make sure that the program works for items paid for and shipped after it begins, so I get credit for the $2200 worth of preorders placed in 2005 that are shipping next year...

I didn't even see this! Sweet! I hope this will end the stress of Star Wars and LotR pre-orders. I hope we here get first shots if the program is limited. We are their most loyal customers afterall.

Very cool stuff. Saw this and thought well with all the exclusive SW/LOTR 12" and SW/LOTR PF exclusives I think we will be getting this going fast and hard.

Any guesses to what this program will be? First dibs on new exclusives? Or special exclusives for members? Discounts on items? First to preview an item? :confused:

It will be a loyalty program, points per purchase & collect the points

eg.
10 points per $100 spent

free 12" figures = 50 points

FINALLY!!! :banana :banana

I've been pestering Sideshow to do something like this at every chat event with SS execs participating. esp during the past SDCCs.

actually not so much lately ..... I had given up hope

Fritz said:
Rewards program is a good idea! But, make the the reward points retroactive. :joy

I doubt that would ever happen. They would be giving away thousands of dollars in merchandise, and it doesn't make much business sense.

Making it retroactive to shipped and charged orders is obviously not gonna happen. However, outstanding preorders that have yet to be processed, paid for, and shipped should definitely not be left out of the system.

We need to find out more details of this program. It could be rewards on a point system for amount of $$$ spent, or it could be something like if you ordered everything in a certain line so far, you'd get a day advanced pre-order or something. Or it could just be more free stuff like hats, mugs, etc. Perhaps it could even be a one-of-every-exclusive-figure club?

Sideshow we need more info!

I will say that Sideshow has already done more to show me their appreciation than any other company whose products I purchase. I could start my own business selling everything they have given away for free over the years. Whatever they come up with next will just be icing on the cake.

A rewards program for number of dollars spent would be great. A point for every $100 maybe, with each point having some monetary value for future orders. Can't imagine them being able to go all the way back from the beginning -- otherwise, they might as well go out of business for the payback they would incur. But maybe from a certain point...like orders made AND COMPLETED from January 2005 or something? I'd be extremely happy with that (even though I've been ordering from them since Dec 02).

I mentioned this to Chris in an early morning chat during TF & he said that they are tracking all purchases since the start of 2006 and once the points scheme is started, points will be back dated

What? Points? Did he explain how the program is going to work, because I haven't heard a thing. Are the points based off of $$$ spent or amount of items or what? Some more info would be helpful.

My ideal reward would to allow those with complete exclusives of lines order SDCC figures of those lines, i.e. Star Wars, LotR, etc. so that we still have complete collections.

What I told ya was all he would tell me............I got the feeling that they are still developing the points to cash spent ratio.

Yeah, that's what Chris said in the chat. Basically, they're going to announce it in the next few months, and we're going to be very happy to earn points. As far as the details go, points will be rewarded after the item ships and isn't returned within thirty days -- meaning that the sale is final. That makes sense. And from what I gathered, it will apply to the stuff that's actually shipping, regardless of when it was preordered. Details are still TBA, which isn't surprising. (Does Sideshow love those three letters or what?)

I think it's a smart move: it makes people order directly and not go through e-tailers, and it will make Sideshow a highly desirable place to purchase collectible stuff even after the SS/W line completely peters out.

It sounds to me like the points that you earn will be able to be used for discounts on future purchases.

What was most interesting to me was the suggestion that they could have special "Priority Preorder" sales that are only accessible by redeeming your points. Who knows if that would actually happen, but I would love it. Anything that makes it easier to get your order in for the mega-popular items sounds like a good plan.

Of course, this is all speculation until it is officially announced by Sideshow.

Back