SSC LOTR Uruk Hai Berserker Premium Format (Reg & Exc)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nacho

By demons be driven..
Reaction score
Got my reg ed today anyway here are the pics
P1010123.jpg

P1010124.jpg

P1010125.jpg

P1010129.jpg

P1010126.jpg

P1010127.jpg
P1010122.jpg

P1010119.jpg

P1010116.jpg

Re: Uruk Hai PF reg & ex photo thread.

Uruk Hai in a detolf.
The main problem is his sword, its fkn' long but on the right angle
you can just squeese him in.
P1010134.jpg

Re: Uruk Hai PF- Sold out, waitlist available.

It IS perfect! They did an outstanding job on the paintwork. The pose and sculpt are just phenomenal. They didn't let us down this time with the weathering of the leather. They did everything right here. Even the sword is real metal, and it is like holding a small machete in your hand. Just insane.

GREAT WORK SIDESHOW!!!!

BZ1.jpg

BZ2.jpg

BZ3.jpg

BZ4.jpg

BZ5.jpg

BZ6.jpg

BZ7.jpg

BZ8.jpg

BZA.jpg

Re: Uruk Hai PF- Sold out, waitlist available.

It IS perfect! They did an outstanding job on the paintwork. The pose and sculpt are just phenomenal. They didn't let us down this time with the weathering of the leather. They did everything right here. Even the sword is real metal, and it is like holding a small machete in your hand. Just insane.

GREAT WORK SIDESHOW!!!!

There are numerous pics of the Uruk-Hai Berserker on this thread, so I thought I’d weigh in with my thoughts on this magnificent piece. Besides, I got too anxious and unboxed the Uruk-Hai Berserker PF last night without getting my camera. I received EX #53/750 yesterday. Some quick thoughts:

Sideshow has changed cardboard types for the display box. The last PF I received, the Moria Orc exclusive came in a cardboard display box that I would describe as having a matte finish. The Uruk-Hai Berserker comes in a shiny, high gloss box, as did the previous piece I received before it, the Duel of Light and Fire diorama. They seem to be out the same high-gloss cardboard stock that the Sideshow Weta LOTR stuff came in. Not a big issue, just a simple observation.

As for the piece itself, all I can say is that it is my favorite piece in my collection. The base seems very solid and heavy, a far cry from the light-weight bases that came with the previous LOTR PFs (Lurtz being the exception, as he had a fairly heavy base as well).

The Uruk’s two-handed sword/cleaver is entirely made of metal, and is AWESOME. It’s a shame that Sideshow did not use metal for the previous PF’s weapons. You have to hold the weapon in your hand and feel the weight of it to appreciate how impressive it is. The two arrows that fit into the Uruk’s torso seem to be made of metal as well; I’m not certain, but they felt like metal to me. What’s interesting is that the fletching on the arrows are different; I’m guessing one is a Rohirrim arrow and the other is a Galadhrim arrow (after all, Legolas wouldn’t miss a kill shot, would he? :lol).

The paint application on the Uruk is great, Portions of the Uruk's body, to include his legs and lower torso, are muted and subtle as if he had gotten dirty fighting in the dusty plains of Rohan. Other portions of the Uruk have shiny applications of paint as if the Uruk is drenched in the sweat, blood and viscera of his dispatched enemies (and his own blood, of course). For me, the bright yellow eyes on the Uruk convey his madness and bloodlust best, even more so than the decapitated Rohirrim head.

As expected, the Rohirrim head is heavily detailed as well. You can see the detached veins and the spinal cord in the neck stump. The soldier’s mouth is slightly open, and his tongue is rolled to the side. Sideshow could have enhanced the creepiness factor if the soldier’s eyes were open with the blank stare of death, but I think maybe that would have been a little too much.

Now for the million dollar question: is the Uruk-Hai Berserker a better piece than Lurtz? In my opinion yes. Lurtz was my favorite LOTR PF prior to receiving the Uruk, but has since been displaced. Both sculpts are terrific; I like the quiet menace that the Lurtz pose conveys, striding to the death blow. But the Uruk-Hai Berserker's pose is pure bloodlust and aggression; all his muscles are tense and seem like a steel trap ready to snap at any second.

As many others have stated, I think this is the best PF of the year, regardless of license or line…

Got mine yesterday,cant believe i got it so fast seems im in the UK and i must say its simply stunning........

berserker003.jpg

berserker006.jpg

berserker002.jpg

zerker002.jpg

I didnt think this guy could surpass lurtz... but he does :)

Picture408.jpg

His blade came with two chips unfortunately, hopefully they can send me just another blade without me having to break the whole thing :lol

Amazing work of art, but i am slightly disappointed in the blood paints - the color of some of the splashes is way too pink-ish and also there's not enough of it :lol Will be adding more myself, much like Faken's friend for him, which turned out great by the way, kudos.

More photos to follow later. Mine is the EX but i much prefer the cleaner look of the reg's display option, as seen above.

Well I was undecided as to whether to post my comments to avoid the (which is better) controversy but I can't hold my thoughts any longer. My Reg Edition Zerker PF arrived yesterday and I have to tell you......this is the best piece Sideshow has produced to date.

I have owned the Witchking statue, Cave Troll, Stone Trolls and many more grails (as the old schoolers here can attest to) but this thing is truly a 'museum quality' piece. The Gore Group has knocked this out of the park.

The production piece in my home is, aside from lighting, spot on with the production piece. None of these are identical but as far as finish, quality and attention to detail it is just as good.

The design of his stance and how it fits perfectly with the design of the base.........the weight of the sword........the perfect weathering and distress on the materials.......down to the cracks in his toenails....this piece is stunning.

I know there is a lot of love for many SS/SSW pieces and this is a really subjective thing but, for my eye, it just hasn't been done any better up to this point.

If you are on the fence and have held off until now, don't wait. This is, aside from resale value, the true 'Balrog' of the collection. If SS doesn't make one more piece I would be happy that I got this before it all ended. To think I almost missed this because I was on the fence. I got in on the pre-order for the Reg Edition (because I thought the head detracted form the scuplt) and cancelled because I was sure this would be another Moria Orc nightmare. I just didn't have faith that SS could pull this off.

I was wrong....in a BIG way. I got this on the 'Second Chance' thing going right now and so happy I pulled the trigger.

Finally, if you missed the Ex Edition, don't let that stop you and take a chance on missing this all together. I know many like the severed head (and I won't debate the point) but this thing is stunning just as it is. The arrows in his hand match the two broken ones in his body and also do not block any of the amazing scuplt like the head seems to.

I will stop now because I could go on.....this is the Grail to date.

Back