Goodbyyye, Solo!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RevRanger

Freakzoid
Reaction score
You are going on eBay in less than 12 parsecs!

Anyone else putting Captain Solo in the cargo hold? What a stinker!:hang

dunno yet but it doesn't bode well for the line if they cant sort out the paint job problems. This SS line might end up like Attakus where the non-humans are the only one good. Not due to the scuplts though as they are awesome, must be frustrating to be Andy etc.

dunno yet but it doesn't bode well for the line if they cant sort out the paint job problems

Vader and Grievous will save the day! It seems too bad, since the head is practically the only thing to paint on Han, that he didn't get more careful attention.

I think that we would be thrilled with this head on a 12" figure! However, it seems that some are finding it less successful as the focal point of a full 1/4 scale figure.
han2xr.jpg

RevRanger said:
You are going on eBay in less than 12 parsecs!

Anyone else putting Captain Solo in the cargo hold? What a stinker!:hang

Hey Rev! I'm interested in aquiring this piece from you, but I will need to see pics first. If you've already put it up on eBay, post a link to the auction. I'll also shoot you a PM. What number is it BTW? :D

Buttmunch said:
Just so you know, parsecs is a measurment of distance (like miles) not time :cool:

Hey Buttmunch :D According to Einstein's relativity, there's really no difference. :cool:

At least, that is, one may freely interchange measurements of space vs. time by use of the speed of light.

RevRanger,

Why don't you just return it to SS??

You won't get no where near your money back selling it on ebay. Han is only going for about $140 on ebay right now.

spaceman said:
Hey Buttmunch :D According to Einstein's relativity, there's really no difference. :cool:

At least, that is, one may freely interchange measurements of space vs. time by use of the speed of light.

Well Einstein has only been right it theory. :rolleyes: Padme uses it as a distance from Tatoonie to Geonosis in AotC :D (less than a parsec away)

Buttmunch said:
Well Einstein has only been right it theory. :rolleyes: Padme uses it as a distance from Tatoonie to Geonosis in AotC :D (less than a parsec away)

Yeah, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is a measurement of distance. It is not uncommon to hear someone say they live 5 or 10 minutes away. Add to that the fact that Han made the kessel run in 12 parsecs and then we can dive into another age-long SW debate on whether it is distance or time :D

Of course, this is all in theory :wacky

For the record:

A parsec is a distance of about 3.26 light years. Its name comes from 'PARalax SECond' because a star at that distance would appear to shift by one second (1/60 of 1/60 of one degree) against the background of stars from opposite sides of the Earth's orbit. The amount of that apparent shift is how the distance to nearby stars is determined.

Jesse

Was this thread about the unfortunate han solo 1/4 scale figure?

According to the books, there certain places to make hyperspace jumps, some more dangerous than others. These might be closer to each other, thus letting you travel from X to Y by covering less space than the standard route would require.

Now get out the nerdobliterator and shoot me!

:mwaha

I guess it could go both ways since Han said it as a time not a distance. Maybe:

OT= time
PT= distance

Maybe Palpatine made them change it to time after the Empire took over :rolleyes:

Was that an African Swallow or a European Swallow???:rolleyes:

QUOTE=Buttmunch]:mwaha

I guess it could go both ways since Han said it as a time not a distance. Maybe:

OT= time
PT= distance

Maybe Palpatine made them change it to time after the Empire took over :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I tried to resist, but I have to toss in my two cents. THis could have some mistakes... The kessel run refers to a planet (moon asteroid whatever) where spice is mined. Kessel is very close to a number of black holes known as the Maw. Most ships must travel a great distance from this maw to avoid being sucked in. However the Falcon was fast enough to make the run in a shorter amount of time by flying much closer to the black holes. So my understanding is that Han was basically saying he made the kessel run in say 12 miles ranther than the usual 20 most people take. :google

I would never profess to this knowledge anywhere but here. :eek:

Back