GI Joe Sideshow Card back

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maskfreak

Super Freak
Reaction score
here is a quick card back I made this morning. I always enjoyed the card backs when I was a kid. It was great to see a one shot of all the figures you could collect.
sscardfigs.jpg

When I have time, I will hi res scan filecards & resize.....[/QUOTE]

latest version:
fireflyupdate.jpg

Last edited:
In two years from now, we should have double the images. It will start to look like the back of an 85' card. This is a WIP. When I have time I will add fonts, resize the throne & add the grey coming soon images.

Sideshow's design team should take note of this. That would be an awesome nod to the fans and Hasbro to dress the back of the box like that! :rock

You ain't foolin' me, that's a 25th Anniversary card you're using! Go OG, 1982-style, man.

Awesome work though.

Very cool work Maskfreak, maybe watermark the Stormshadow with a clear Exclusive stamp? He looks great with the chucks

Yup, and back then that was the only way you found out about new figures.

I remember with the 1st mail away CC he came with a fold out pamphlet that showed all the upcoming Joes, vehicles and such, like the S.N.A.K.E. Very cool nostalgia. Thanks.

I remember one of the coolest things was to visualize what the shadow figures would look like. It'd be the perfect way for Sideshow to give little hints as to who was coming next, and keep us fans addicted like crack addicts. :lol

Yup, and back then that was the only way you found out about new figures.

Yeah, and I like how in the first few years, only the character's specialty was listed. You didn't know the name until you got the figure or a friend got the figure.

Back