A Serious Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great! The Coens have really bounced back from the lull they had a few years ago. This one probably won't sell a lot of tickets, but the Coens don't have to care about that!

I'm looking forward to A Serious Man. Then again, I look forward to all their movies. The trailer looks great.

The only two movies I never really cared for were Ladykillers and Intolerable Cruelty. They were okay, nothing great.

Anyone angry that this is taking so long to hit wide release? Its been about a month and still only 230 something screens.

I want to see this badly. :(

Saw it a few weeks ago. I'm a casual Coens fan - loved Raising Arizona, Fargo and Miller's Crossing, but nothing else has really grabbed me.

Just had to qualify that I thought Serious Man was incredibly boring and depressing. I see what they were trying to do and there were some uncomfortable chuckles from me, but ultimately it was just too unpleasant. However there were some huge guffaws from other audience members. Maybe you have to be Jewish to really get the full impact?

Finally got an opportunity to see this, for a second there I thought I'd have to make a drive to L.A.

Its been about 4 days and I'm still constantly thinking about it. I think its a pretty good contender to be chosen as one of the ten best picture nominees at the upcoming Oscars. It really made me think especially with how the Coens ended it. Sure, being Jewish may give one a better understanding of the film, there seems to be a lot of references to the Book of Job.

I think its one of those movies that warrants multiple viewings and I'll definitely be purchasing the DVD. I also thought Michael Stuhlbarg did a perfect job as Larry.

Not as strong as No Country for Old Men but I'd rank it as one of the Coens best.

Back