Zack Snyder's SUCKER PUNCH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
Zack Snyder's next movie (his first completely original film, from a script he wrote himself) starts shooting in September.

He describes it as, "Alice in Wonderland... with machine guns".

We'll be covering the film, including a set visit in September or October. Figured I'd start a discussion thread here since I know at least a few of you will be interested in the movie.

Zack unveiled the first logo for the movie at SDCC, which was also on t-shirts he personally handed out:

full-sucker-punch-logo-revealed-00-440-75.jpg

Synopsis:

An R-Rated $100 million budgeted 1950’s-period action movie, SUCKER PUNCH tells the story of a girl named Baby Doll (Emily Browning) who is confined to a mental institution by her evil stepfather, who intends to have her lobotomized in five days. While imprisoned, she imagines an alternative reality to hide her from the pain. In this fantasy world, where she needs to steal five objects to help her out before she is deflowered by a vile man.

The film will also co-star an almost entirely young female cast, including: Vanessa Hudgens, Jamie Chung, Jena Malone and Abbie Cornish. (And, yes, Mike... there will be nudity).

Anyway, the movie be released in March 2011. Stay tuned here and a yet-to-be-named other site for exclusive coverage.

(And, yes, Mike... there will be nudity).

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I heard about Vanessa Hudgens upcoming movie that was supposed to help shed her Disney persona but I didn't know it was a Synder film.... Its also a shot to erase that notorious shot from a year or two ago where it looked like she wasn't into landscaping. Jamie Chung and Abbie Cornish possible nudity is also a plus but Jena Malone possible is a little unsettling.

I like Synder's style so I'll be watching news on this with great interest...probably try to snag one of those shirt too. :D

I'm all about Sucker Punch! I got one of the shirts from SDCC when at the Watchmen screening. Can't wait for this to come out!:banana

I think Snyder has been a reasonably competent director, but nothing special. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who I think would come up with anything particularly interesting or good on his own, but who knows?

Back