PDA

View Full Version : Hellooo, Solo!

Darklord Dave
12-28-2005, 10:44 PM
Nice box, just like Luke's with the cut foam rather than styro. I love that the base is the same footprint and edge style as Luke's. I know Greivous is different, but I hope the base is consistant.

show73
12-28-2005, 11:03 PM
Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Please:wacky

tomandshell
12-28-2005, 11:25 PM
Where are the pics?

Darklord Dave
12-29-2005, 01:20 AM
Okay, I figured out the collar - just turn it down around the outside and it sits perfectly. Here's a quicky shot to show height.

http://sideshowcollectors.com/images/han.jpg

Alice Adrenochrome
12-29-2005, 03:30 AM
Nice pics Dave, Thanks!

Welsh Wizard
12-29-2005, 04:07 AM
Thanks Dave,

Great pics, cant wait for mine to arrive...:banana

WW :Wizard

tomandshell
12-29-2005, 04:22 AM
Looking at the hair- I am wondering if it is as black in person as it looks in the pics. The "official" Sideshow pic makes it look brown, maybe even two shades of brown feathered in together. The final product looks straight black. Do my eyes deceive me? I anxiously await mine so I can see it in person.

SpenK
12-29-2005, 05:24 AM
To be honest I need More Pictures............The Face Looks somehow diferent from the prototype..............for now.................. I am Glad I cancelled...need to see more maybe without Flash........................:o

PsychoCenobite
12-29-2005, 05:36 AM
http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/6094/hanhair30iu.jpg

Hummmm... :sick

I'm not sure if I like the face. It looks a bit off on the final statue. I've been thinking about ordering this one from eBay for some time but I'm now sort of glad I didn't.

Maybe it is a bad picture... but the facial tones look off and it doesn't look as much like Harison Ford as did the pictures on Sideshow and the unpainted version on andys site.

I'd need to see some more pictures to make my mind up on ordering.

But apart from the face, the rest looks great!! :banana

PsychoCenobite :horror

PS. I do know that statues look a lot better in person than in some photos, so I'm hoping this is the case.

SleekFreak
12-29-2005, 05:38 AM
Something funny with his smile. Seems less 'smirky' than the prototype pictures.

PsychoCenobite
12-29-2005, 05:47 AM
He now reminds me of David Walliams from 'Little Britain'! :horror

PC :horror

larbob
12-29-2005, 06:33 AM
Dave...thanks for the PICs, the "doohickey" or droid caller is
positioned correctly. And he must be shooting one of those mouse
droids.:google

Gruson
12-29-2005, 07:41 AM
Face looks off for sure but then again, it could be the pics.

Can you take more pics without the flash on? NEVER use the flash! ;)

As of now, I am dissapointed but it could just be a bad one too...

Unique Soul
12-29-2005, 07:57 AM
The face looks way off in your pics and doesn't even look like Harrison. His eyebrows are completely different from prototype. http://images.dvdtalk.com/images/smilies/headscratch.gif

FlyAndFight
12-29-2005, 07:58 AM
I'm with SpenK regarding the difference between the prototype headsculpt and what appears in Dave's pics. Most probably it's the paintjob which is throwing things off but I'm not getting that "wow" factor here. Without knowing that it's a 1/4 scale PF figure, I would have assumed that it was a 12" action figure, simply from those pics.

EDIT: And why do most, if not all of the PF figures appear super-skinny to me?? Tony Montana and Sean Connery appear extremely thin to me as well.

DVD Connoisseur
12-29-2005, 08:06 AM
Oh, dear. This is a bad sign. The final figure doesn't look a patch on the prototype. It looks like a 12" action figure....please could somebody post a picture of the Rebel Hero version as I'm thinking of cancelling my order? I'd rather this figure went to somebody who really wanted it. At the moment, I don't want the disappointment factor of opening the case and finding such a poor likeness. :lsvader

Shai
12-29-2005, 08:10 AM
Man, what a bad paint job !!!!!!!!!!!!!! This doesnt even look like a premium format...So different from the prototype...Sorry but this statue sucks,mostly because of the paint application...Shame on you Sideshow....

Jesseawilson
12-29-2005, 08:15 AM
From the pic the face is too orange. The flash and the shading in the picture doesn't help things much either.....

Jesse

Shai
12-29-2005, 08:17 AM
why did they paint the eyebrows like that???? Check the prototype....

Darth Waller
12-29-2005, 08:20 AM
The prototype, like Ford's eyebrows, are barely noticeable. The final painted eyebrows really stand out now. :(

PsychoCenobite
12-29-2005, 08:23 AM
I'm 100% keeping my Darth on order but I'm now considering cancelling Obi and Leia... which is a big shame! :sick

i really hope to see some better pictures!

PC :sick

SpenK
12-29-2005, 08:33 AM
I'm 100% keeping my Darth on order but I'm now considering cancelling Obi and Leia... which is a big shame! :sick

i really hope to see some better pictures!

PC :sick

YES sir my Vader and Grievous Will Stay...............But the Other ummmmmmmm Don't now...................

Yogie Bear
12-29-2005, 08:43 AM
Bloody Hell:banghead

The only reason I ordered both this piece and obi wan was due to the likeness in the faces but Han looks like crap if you ask me. I am seriously considering cancelling my order.

Gruson
12-29-2005, 08:48 AM
Dave, please take some more pics without the flash!

show73
12-29-2005, 09:19 AM
If Dave says "Overall - EXTREMELY pleased" it can't be as bad as everyone thinks. Has to be the flash.

cking
12-29-2005, 09:41 AM
I've worked with a sculptor on the 1/4 scale Chris Reeve as Superman statue that a lot of you have seen progress pics of.
Knowing how much work went into making sure the Chris Reeve head sculpt was an accurate likeness, I find it hard to believe that Sideshow could devote that much R&D to get these right. That's the only reason I can think for the likenesses being off. So far, not one of these PF Star Wars statues has looked much like the actor in my opinion. Obi-Wan is probably closest but there are still many issues with it.
This Han Solo likeness and paintjob looks awful. I think I'll commission a new head sculpt to replace the head on this statue. I just don't see the point of putting all this effort into the fantastic miniature costumes if they can't focus their efforts on getting the head sculpts as good as possible. :confused:

Chris

Gruson
12-29-2005, 09:52 AM
Hey Chris,

Both of Andy's head sculpts look fine to me. I will post the pictures of them BEFORE they were painted.

Sir Tristram
12-29-2005, 09:54 AM
I hate to sound like a broken record in chorus with a lot of others....but...

What happened to the face?
The prototype looked absolutely incredible. What gives? :(

Darth Waller
12-29-2005, 09:58 AM
I hope someone else gets theirs soon. Mine's due to arrive tomorrow.

Darklord Dave
12-29-2005, 10:01 AM
There is no flash on the pictures except the 2 shot with Luke. But the hair is brown and the pants are navy blue, although much darker than on the proto.

I'll admit the paintjob isn't as good as it could be. There is some areas where the hair and skin meet that could be better. I know that some people had problems with Luke's eyes, but that problem isn't present here.

I didn't think the pics were that bad, but they must be since he is a truly great representation of Solo. I'm not seeing the problems that you all are identifying in the pics.

occulum
12-29-2005, 10:11 AM
seems like the more-often-than-not case of Sideshow over estimating the paint reproduction capabilities of their manufacturer.
Or they need to fire their overseas QC guys.

Surely SS has to get in early artist proofs to sign off on before the mass production proceeds. if they differ greatly SS needs to post new pics ASAP to their products' gallery that represent the product more accurately.

Ive said many times in the past that their prototype pics reveal their own short-comings and they shouldnt post the proto pics until theyre 100% sure the paint apps can be reproduced faithfully to ensure their customers are receiving the same product they saw when they placed their order.

Sadly Im now surprised when a shipped product matches the preview pics exactly when I should be surprised when they don't.

jdonoho
12-29-2005, 11:24 AM
Uh oh. I agree...so far to me the SS site pics look much better than what Dave has put up. I hope it's just the pics and not the piece. Helms Deep I say!!!

Shai
12-29-2005, 12:09 PM
I hope Sideshow will do a better job for the human characters in their new lotr premium format figures than for the ones in Star wars...

Jesseawilson
12-29-2005, 12:45 PM
I feel bad for Andy. To have your dead on sculpt turned into something else because of the painters. The paint application totally removes the smirk.

Jesse

JustinLuck
12-29-2005, 12:55 PM
Sideshow's 1/6 prototypes (Luke, Anakin) look better than this. I hope they can keep the 1/6 line looking good in production. Maybe they should drop the PF line and devote all their SW resources into making outstanding 1/6 figures.

Gruson
12-29-2005, 01:18 PM
Notice how nice the sculpt looks before the bad paint job:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Cacico/han_big1.jpg

RevRanger
12-29-2005, 01:20 PM
To quote Luke -- "WHAT A PIECE OF JUNK!"

The prototype of Solo on SS's website is one of the most awesome things I've ever seen. THAT is what I ordered. NOT this piece of junk! That face looks NOTHING like what was advertised! The yellow/orange fake tan?! The horrible hair line and eyebrows?! Where's that tough guy smirk gone to?!

UGH!!! I will NEVER order from Sideshow again! They do the bait and switch ALL THE TIME!

SIDESHOW - you should be ashamed of yourselves! THAT IS NOT WHAT YOU OFFERED TO SELL! You have lost a LOT of customers.

I'm telling you guys that the 1/6 Luke Jedi final product is going to be AWFUL!!! Think about how bad they can screw up the paint on that head! :banghead

TheObsoleteMan
12-29-2005, 01:25 PM
Maybe you guys should wait for some more pics before going on the warpath. Just a thought.

Gruson
12-29-2005, 01:29 PM
Yeah, we need to wait for more pics.

I am sure some pieces will have better paint job than others too (they always are).

One more day and we should have more pics.

JustinLuck
12-29-2005, 01:39 PM
RevRanger, don't you think you're being a bit extreme? Sideshow still has a chance to redeem themselves with the 1/6 line.

pitchin
12-29-2005, 01:39 PM
Yeah, we need to wait for more pics.

I am sure some pieces will have better paint job than others too (they always are).

One more day and we should have more pics.

Granted some Luke's had better paint jobs than others but that was what put alot of people off purchasing this piece, the gamble that they could get a bad one. Not everyone can be bothered to go through buying & selling the same piece until they get a good one.

Viking28
12-29-2005, 01:43 PM
This is one reason why I dont take pics of my stuff, I dont have a great camera or set up to show how great they look.

And remeber if you dont like it you can always return it to sideshow for a refund.

SpenK
12-29-2005, 01:44 PM
this is By Far the Best Han.....................:banana :banana :banana

RevRanger
12-29-2005, 01:46 PM
The only way for them to redeem themselves is to give me my $250 back, which I hope they will.

Actually, I'm surprised it turned out as well as it did considering one has to sit on a wooden crate for 12 hours a day painting a $250 toy. Maybe if they sent over some $3 cusions for these poor people's seats we'd see some better work.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/prodblog/120205_IMG_2972.jpg

Viking28
12-29-2005, 01:49 PM
That picture right there solves the mystery "does Gentle Giant and Sideshow use the same place to have their items painted?"
If you look close at the stool there is a Matrix Twin bust box on one side and a LOTR Legolas statue on the other. So yes they are painted by the same people.

TheObsoleteMan
12-29-2005, 01:50 PM
Good grief, you'd think Sideshow just shot RevRanger's dog or something.

Darth Waller
12-29-2005, 01:51 PM
That picture right there solves the mystery "does Gentle Giant and Sideshow use the same place to have their items painted?"
If you look close at the stool there is a Matrix Twin bust box on one side and a LOTR Legolas statue on the other. So yes they are painted by the same people.

Damn, you've got good eyes. I never would've noticed that.

SpenK
12-29-2005, 01:53 PM
Goooooooood Catch!!!:naughty :naughty ................But GG Must Have Better Quality Check Points...Beacause their paint jobs are pretty good

gabberjawa
12-29-2005, 01:54 PM
To be a fly on the wall at Sideshow Collectibles today... :sick

Let's see more pics from other collectors, perhaps some different results may prove more favorable. The reactions have been blunt, but honest. I just hope SS can 'fix' the problem if there indeed are any to be fixed, before the launch of that other great Premium Format line.

Gruson
12-29-2005, 01:54 PM
Well,

Han does look better in this pic and I know Luke does not look as bad as he does in this picture either, so I have faith.

http://sideshowcollectors.com/images/han.jpg

Dave, can you take some more pics in natural light with no flash?

gabberjawa
12-29-2005, 02:02 PM
Well,

Han does look better in this pic and I know Luke does not look as bad as he does in this picture either, so I have faith.

Yeah, that is I think probably the one in which Han looks best in, even if it's not the 'best picture' out of the bunch. And ironically, it's the only one in which he used flash :mwaha

Luke doesn't fair so well under the same treatment though.

RevRanger
12-29-2005, 02:07 PM
I know it's 'just a toy' and nothing to get so worked up over, but c'mon, man! When Luke came out, we said 'let's hope they do better next time'. This IS next time! This is another $250 later.

The picture of Han on their site looks perfect. PERFECT! :google

Maybe the SS guys should get out of the heated leather seats in their BMWs and sit on wooden crates for a few days. Maybe then they'll try a little harder like they used to. Is this the same company that made the 1/4 Phantom? The 12" Twilight Zone figures? The 12" Creature from the Black Lagoon? Now THOSE were something to be proud of! THOSE WERE AWESOME BEYOND BELIEF!

RevRanger
12-29-2005, 02:09 PM
BTW - I got my Han today. I'm not judging from those pix. His eyebrows are the worst.

Gruson
12-29-2005, 02:14 PM
BTW - I got my Han today. I'm not judging from those pix. His eyebrows are the worst.

Take some pics!

Jesseawilson
12-29-2005, 02:18 PM

Come on Vik you knew that already didn't you, was it really a mystery?

Jesse :D

RevRanger
12-29-2005, 02:33 PM
Take some pics!

I did and they look just like the ones posted. I can't figure out how to upload them anyway...

I will say the outfit turned out great. It's just that HEAD. Ugh.

JustinLuck
12-29-2005, 02:38 PM
Why does Luke in that pic above look like he's wearing lipstick?

RevRanger
12-29-2005, 02:39 PM
I also got the Medicom Vader and Stormtrooper recently. If you guys haven't seen them in person --- WOW! Talk about something that looks BETTER than you'd expect. They look REAL. And, yes, they are a little "under scale" but look AWESOME together :joy :D

I'm going to sell my Han to buy another Medicom Stormtrooper to flank Vader and maybe an FX vader saber. But I did see that Han has already sold for only like $135 - $140 on ebay. :confused:

Shai
12-29-2005, 02:43 PM
SOLO ...135 $ ON EBAY...

http://cgi.ebay.com/SIDESHOW-HAN-SOLO-FULL-SIZE-STATUE_W0QQitemZ6589513013QQcategoryZ80QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

PsychoCenobite
12-29-2005, 02:56 PM
Oh, this is really bad news. I thought Han looked like one of the best Star Wars 1/4 Sideshow figures and now all this! :sick

I really, REALLY hope this is just a bad photo problem and I'm looking forward to seeing some better pictures!

I really don't want to cancel my Obi and Leia but I can't afford to pay these high prices and have such a bad end result.

I'm sure Sideshow will come out good in the end... I hope! :sick

PC :horror

sideshowpdx
12-29-2005, 03:07 PM
For what it's worth,,, a camera has everything to do with this argument. For example, here is a picture of my "standard version" Freddy that I took:

http://images14.fotki.com/v224/photos/1/194554/737503/officefreddy1-vi.jpg

This picture makes Freddy look absolutely horrible. He looks much better in person. Be patient for some better pix or wait until you see it in person. Worst case scenario, you'll get to make some $$$ on ebay. This statue will be worth some major bucks in the future.

Darklord Dave
12-29-2005, 03:12 PM
I'll take other pictures tonight.

LOTRFan
12-29-2005, 03:45 PM
A lot of this really may be quite premature, certainly the shots posted are not great (at all :sick ), but there is a large variation from particular piece to piece (Theoden anyone), give it time folks. I would say once about 5-10 individual pictures are seen THEN you can make a statement, there will always be one or two bad apples.

The Josh
12-29-2005, 04:02 PM
Yeah, the likeness has been lost from what Andy did for whatever reason though I don't think it looks horrible. I hope it's just angles or light something like that.

RevRanger dude you need to chill the freak out. You keep going like this and your head is gonna explode. Your comments about SS are total bull**** and pretty freaking childish.

JohnyBoo
12-29-2005, 04:03 PM
Heh, I cancelled my Han awhile back do to lack of funds. I was sick about it. Keep this discussions going please. At $130 on ebay I will be able to afford it. :banana

FlyAndFight
12-29-2005, 04:14 PM
By the way, that's the Sideshow headquarters on the right...;)

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/2746/windmill3bg.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

pitchin
12-29-2005, 04:23 PM
Yeah, the likeness has been lost from what Andy did for whatever reason though I don't think it looks horrible. I hope it's just angles or light something like that.

RevRanger dude you need to chill the freak out. You keep going like this and your head is gonna explode. Your comments about SS are total bull**** and pretty freaking childish.

Had to laugh when I read that post :D ............Josh telling someone else to chill!!!!

dude....if you can be passionate about a SS LOTR you like, why can't he be equally passionate about an item he doesn't, need I have present exhibits A, B & C? :D :D :D

The Josh
12-29-2005, 04:51 PM
Nothing wrong with being passtionate but he is going off on a tangent about how SS is bait and switching. Crap like that. He has all the right to complain about what's wrong with the item in his eyes but be adult about it.

Darth Waller
12-29-2005, 04:54 PM
By the way, that's the Sideshow headquarters on the right...;)

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/2746/windmill3bg.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

So true, so true.

Mini-Rock
12-29-2005, 05:40 PM
I did and they look just like the ones posted. I can't figure out how to upload them anyway...

Hey Rev. Email the pics to me at Mini-Rock@webtv.net and I'll host them for you. Like everyone else here, I'm interested in seeing the differences, if any, of the statue's. Also, what number did you get? :)

Dusty
12-29-2005, 06:09 PM
Maybe the SS guys should get out of the heated leather seats in their BMWs

:mwaha I'm sorry if this seems rude, but I have to laugh... again :mwaha Seriously. Would you like me to take a picture of the cars in our parking lot? There are more than a few hunks of junk out there (mine included :p). We work for Sideshow because we love it, not because we get rich doing it - I think that goes for most of the other smaller collectibles companies as well (yes, with a full-time staff of less than 50 we are still a small company).

You can think what you'd like, as I am obviously in no way going to be able to change your mind. But I just had to interject here so that people don't become misconstrued.

And just for the record, I took a Han out of the box today to see what the fuss was all about, and I'm actually quite impressed with how he turned out. I think we should just let people make up their own minds once it arrives. If you wish to return it, you may freely do so - we truly have a no-questions-asked return policy as long as it's within 30 days! :peace

JohnyBoo
12-29-2005, 06:15 PM
LOL, Dusty. Nice to know you drive "junk" also.

Polystoner
12-29-2005, 06:21 PM
I think we should just let people make up their own minds once it arrives.

Amen.

And like the sign reads in my marketing department: "If we didn't have to deal with customers, this job would be perfect."

creecher
12-29-2005, 06:55 PM
It is easier than ever to post pics. Firstly, press the button "Post Reply'. Secondly, once the page has loaded, scroll down past the message box down to "Additional Options'. There you will see a section "Attach Files'. Press the button marked 'Manage attachments'. When the popup box appears, browse your comp for the relevant picture. Easy. No need to find a host for pics anymore.

NASEDO
12-29-2005, 07:21 PM
I'll wait until I get mine to comment, but I hope its good. The $135.00 sale on ebay hurts, thats a big problem if the statues are going to lose that much value when they ship. If Han is bad I'm dropping from this line.

One of Nine
12-29-2005, 07:40 PM
I need to see more pics before I make up my mind, but in the first pics it looks like alot of detail in the face has been lost. Hopefully that is not the case.

Darklord Dave
12-29-2005, 08:03 PM
Okay, here's the real picture.

Bonehead15
12-29-2005, 08:06 PM
I agree that we need to see more pics before we pass judgement on the paint job.

I know this has been said before but I feel really bad for Andy. :( The sculpt looks awesome but going by the pics posted it does look like the paint job is bad.

Kind of glad that I had to cancel my order months ago due to the fact that there is just too many items due out in the next coulpe of months.

I've been on the fence for the last couple of weeks trying to decide wether to cancel my Star Wars PFs and switch over to the new PF LOTR pieces. I want both but common sense tells me that I can't afford both. :sick If Han really is as bad as it seems, this will make my decision to drop the Star Wars Pfs very easy.

Darklord Dave
12-29-2005, 08:16 PM
How 'bout now?

LOTRFan
12-29-2005, 08:18 PM
How 'bout now?

The lighting is better for the most part, but you may want to angle it just a bit more to either side. The shadows around his nose area are deceptive, is this still with a flash?

I will say that his skin color is much-improved, I would just do the above and that should settle it.

Gruson
12-29-2005, 08:21 PM
Still looks like a cheap doll to me. Sorry, but it does and I love PF figures.

I will post pics tomorrow guys, once mine arrives.

elwood49
12-29-2005, 08:24 PM
How 'bout now?

I'm seriously not kidding, is that another joke ala the GG bust or is that the actual piece? It looks horrible, IMO.

I planned on buying all of the SS Star Wars 1/4's, but I'm really starting to get worried. Vader and Han both look like they won't be joining my collection if they look even remotely like the pics I've seen.:sick

I'd like to see Gruson's pics before I make a final determination.

Darklord Dave
12-29-2005, 08:26 PM
is this still with a flash?
ARGGHHH! It was never WITH a flash!!

:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead
...post pics of Elektra, everyone's OOHHH, pretty! Post pics an equally excellent figure and it's all -" ...storm the castle! ...burn the peasants! ...marry Buttercup!"
:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

Gruson
12-29-2005, 08:27 PM
Your camera is pretty bad. I take it that Han looks more like this?

Better?

http://www.crazywayco.com/hant.jpg

Darth Waller
12-29-2005, 08:27 PM
I think people were blinded by Elektra's assets.

My Han is coming tomorrow. I'll try to post some pictures as well.

Darklord Dave
12-29-2005, 08:45 PM
...and now?

tomandshell
12-29-2005, 08:47 PM
How 'bout now?

Skin looks lighter--less orange than before. Hair looks very dark bown, rather than jet black like before. Eyebrows seem a bit lighter now, but still darker and thicker than the preview. His smirk seems a little more present now. I still won't pass final judgment until I see it in person--nothing compares to the real thing. I am looking forward to getting mine!

If the paint job doesn't exactly match up to the official pic, then I guess I will have to change my original plan of displaying my Han next to a full size color printout of the official Sideshow prototype picture for the sake of daily comparison. Just kidding. This has happened before (like with the detail on my PJ Corsair, for example), but I have gotten over it quickly and gone on to enjoy the piece regardless of its difference from the promo shots. If it can be appreciated on its own, then that's what matters. I'm sure that I will enjoy putting Han in his new home next door to Luke.

Gruson
12-29-2005, 08:56 PM
Looks better to me.

Darklord Dave
12-29-2005, 08:57 PM
The costume and gunbelt are truly great though...

Vonhahn
12-29-2005, 08:58 PM
I hate to say it...but I have to agree that Sideshow pulled a switcheroo on us here. This is very different from the prototype and I think he kind of looks like a very well done "paint by the numbers" project for a 3rd grade class. Very well applied, but rather artificial looking to me nontheless. I think the head would make a passable 1/6 scale but for a more expensive 1/4...I think they dropped the ball.

daelith
12-29-2005, 09:01 PM
Sideshow needs to have a disclaimer on their pics that state, "Photos are in no way indicative of what you may receive." I feel sorry for the folks who spent 250+ dollars on this =(

Gruson
12-29-2005, 09:10 PM
Well,

I will give my thoughts on the piece tomorrow when mine arrives.

I am REALLY hoping it will look good but as you guys know, I will give an honest review. ;)

LOTRFan
12-29-2005, 11:37 PM
ARGGHHH! It was never WITH a flash!!

...post pics of Elektra, everyone's OOHHH, pretty! Post pics an equally excellent figure and it's all -" ...storm the castle! ...burn the peasants! ...marry Buttercup!"

But I will call the Brute Squad, he's on the Brute Squad ... :wacky

Anyway, if it helps any (at least for my case), I never liked the Elektra either, and I think the large reason some here were making nice comments are ... well you know. :angelsmil

Thanks for posting another shot however, with a bit more angle to the face, the shadows somewhat hid the actual look. :cool:

tomandshell
12-29-2005, 11:43 PM
...post pics of Elektra, everyone's OOHHH, pretty!

Quick, Dave! Post a picture of Han's crotch!! Watch board opinions sway and Ebay prices soar!

Here, I'll get the ball rolling...

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/540/7118image02edit2qf.jpg

Anakin
12-30-2005, 07:36 AM
han, what they did with you!!!! nooooooooooo!! it can't be!!:sick :sick :sick and it looked so awesome in the prototype :banghead :banghead :banghead

Anakin
12-30-2005, 07:42 AM

baaaaaahhhhh, i bet you don't even have it. if you do, then prove it!:banana :banana :banana

show73
12-30-2005, 09:10 AM
Just got my Invoice, $65 for shipping to Canada. OUCH!!
What are they charging US Customers?
EU Customers?

Darth Waller
12-30-2005, 09:21 AM
$16.50 to Oklahoma.

Jesseawilson
12-30-2005, 09:39 AM
$7.67 to AZ.....

Jesse

show73
12-30-2005, 01:00 PM
I just got my rebel hero, No complaints on Han here at all. Paint looks absolutely great to me.
My base however has 2 big scrapes on the left side!! Would sideshow send out a replacement base?
I also got nailed for an additional $22.64 worth of customs, which were supposed to be already included in my $65 shipping fee.

Gruson
12-30-2005, 01:48 PM
I just posted a picture of mine in another thread...will take more when my battery is charged.

He looks fine.

88th division
01-04-2006, 10:52 AM
Well I just opened my PF Han. I have to admit I was a little worried by all the bad reviews. But I have to say I am very pleased. I know Sideshow will never be able to please everyone, but I for one have never been disappointed with any of the figures that I have in my collection.
It has been said on this site before. What did we have to look forward to 10 years ago? I am so glad we have Sideshow, Dragon, DID etc... It makes for a very diverse collection. So I guess all that is left to say is BRING ON DARTH VADER !!!!! (But not until next week when I have the money).

Michael Crawford
01-04-2006, 11:58 AM
I'll have my review up tomorrow night, with lots of photos. Let's see if you agree with me...

Michael
MWC

Silverbc3
01-04-2006, 05:59 PM
I also got nailed for an additional $22.64 worth of customs, which were supposed to be already included in my $65 shipping fee.

According to the SSC website, the only thing that is included in the shipping fee is brokerage fees. Duties and taxes are not, you need to pay those separately.

My Han cost $50 for shipping and a nice $86CAN for duties and taxes. If only sideshow could devalue the item and mark as gift..... but that would be illegal of course. :naughty

I must be one of those collectors who is happy with his/her Han. I do see some valid points others have made regarding his profile and paint job but sitting three feet away from me I don't get all the fuss. For collectors who are more picky, they might have a problem with him.

Mini-Rock
01-04-2006, 06:08 PM
Well, there is nothing wrong with being nitpicky. Even I think there are one or maybe two things that could have been slightly improved on this piece; but, regardless, when compared to other Han statue's on the market, the SS 1/4 Han is by far the best. Out of 100%, I'd give it a 99.5. I just made a deal to get the exclusive so I'll be able to compare that to the regular version. If I keep the exclusive, though, I'll have to get another display case I'm sure.

Anakin
01-04-2006, 06:25 PM
For collectors who are more picky, they might have a problem with him.

..i'm in this category..still like this one..but ss clearly are putting more efforts in the lotr pf 1/4 line. look at lurtz, it kills everything sw's produced by ss.

Azog
01-05-2006, 12:54 AM
Got mine in today #17

Link to Gallery (http://www.azogscollection.com/azogsgallery/index.php?cat=33)

http://www.azogscollection.com/azogsgallery/albums/userpics/10002/DSCF2108.JPG

tomandshell
01-05-2006, 01:21 AM
Another great looking statue, and even numbered in the "teens." How do you guys get such low numbers? It has long been an ambition of mine to get a "double digit" edition number shipped to me from Sideshow. So far...no such luck. I keep telling myself that a low number doesn't really matter. But wouldn't you say that getting something as low as #17 is pretty exciting? I would think so. Congratulations! I keep getting more and more excited to get mine.

Gruson
01-05-2006, 09:54 AM
Nice Azog.

While the piece is ok....imagine if it had THIS good of a paint job and details:

http://www.rebelscum.com/gallery/sdcc04/stage2/IMG_8123.JPG

Mini, please do not tell me yours looks as good as this. If it does, post pics because I really doubt it.

Again, I like the piece and posted pics of mine BUT I wish it had a "pro" paint job instead of a "china" one. :)

Azog
01-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Nice Azog.

While the piece is ok....imagine if it had THIS good of a paint job and details:

I agree Gruson, its so tuff to live up to the Prototype standards....

Mini-Rock
01-05-2006, 11:25 AM
Nice Azog.

http://www.rebelscum.com/gallery/sdcc04/stage2/IMG_8123.JPG

Mini, please do not tell me yours looks as good as this. If it does, post pics because I really doubt it.

Will do. My bud brought my exclusive Han last night, so I'll take pics of that as soon as I get it unboxed.

Azog: Nice pics man! Much better than I could ever do. :)

Darth Waller
01-05-2006, 12:37 PM
There are updated photos of the regular and exclusive Han PFs on Sideshow's website. Is there a reason why they can't do that before a product ships? :confused:

Gruson
01-05-2006, 04:08 PM
Will do. My bud brought my exclusive Han last night, so I'll take pics of that as soon as I get it unboxed.

Azog: Nice pics man! Much better than I could ever do. :)

Mini, my guess is yours and all of the others look like the Han on Sideshow's site now...they updated the pics with the "released" version...not the proto.

Mini-Rock
01-05-2006, 04:13 PM
Ok, got my exclusive Han unboxed and set-up. It ran me SRP (I had to give up my acrylic case though) but it was well worth it!

As has been mentioned so caringly by one of our own most beloved forum members, my pics aren't of the greatest quality and neither is my lighting. The few pics I have up are with two different sets of lighting, and you will be able to see the differences. Online pics will never do this fine piece justice. Anyway, here are the pics:

Mini's SS Han Solo (http://community-2.webtv.net/Mini-Rock/Episode4Propsand/)

Feedback, both pro and neg, is welcome.

Now that I have the exclusive, I can honestly say that either would be an excellent addition to any SW collection.

Luis

tomandshell
01-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the pictures! Looks like you have a nice setup. I don't have any of the blaster replicas, but they mix in with the Code 3 ships and posters and all the rest to make a nice Star Wars display. Now I need to get some more acrylic covers to protect my stuff.

(Man, I wish I had that stormtrooper on dewback statue. Maybe SS will give us one in 1/4 scale.)

Mini-Rock
01-05-2006, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the pictures! Looks like you have a nice setup. I don't have any of the blaster replicas, but they mix in with the Code 3 ships and posters and all the rest to make a nice Star Wars display. Now I need to get some more acrylic covers to protect my stuff.

(Man, I wish I had that stormtrooper on dewback statue. Maybe SS will give us one in 1/4 scale.)

HELL YEAH! 1/4 PF diorama's would be sweet! :D

Thanks for the kind words. I still don't have a plan for the poster sculpture's, so they are just there for now. I'm taking a new direction in collecting too now that I'm getting the SS 1/4 statue's, so my prop purchases will be limited to what character's are released in the PF format. It's too bad that SS doesn't have the SW prop replica license as well.

I look forward to seeing yours too. Seeing other's collections, and being able to share mine, is what makes this hobby so great. :)

Azog
01-05-2006, 05:06 PM
Looking Good Mini, very NICE!

Mini-Rock
01-05-2006, 05:17 PM
Mini, my guess is yours and all of the others look like the Han on Sideshow's site now...they updated the pics with the "released" version...not the proto.

Saw that. Personally, I think the pics posted by collector's look better than the one on their site now, and are more accurate to the proto. The pic one on their site now is too washed out.

tomandshell
01-05-2006, 08:37 PM
Interesting to see that the official Sideshow product pic on the website has been updated:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/jpg/71181_press02-001.jpg

rogue5
01-06-2006, 02:34 PM
You know... a little bit of make up dusted onto his face in the right places will make him look like the pro-painted one. Also it looks like a lot of light is coming from the top which is exaggerating the shadows around his eyes and chin where the scar is.

I really think the figure is good, it just might need a some special lighting to make it really shine.

BDboystoys
01-06-2006, 04:52 PM
I think he looks just as good, I wish I could afford one:rolleyes:

tomandshell
01-06-2006, 05:24 PM
ALL HAIL THE WAIT LIST!!! I got an email that my Exclusive Han wait list request was going to convert to the real deal! So it looks like I will have both versions by this time next week. That will never fly with my wife... We'll see which one looks better. It seems that the exclusive owners have been pretty happy with their paint jobs. Never would have thought the wait list would work with an ES of only 250! Thanks for cancelling, whoever you are!

Mini-Rock
01-06-2006, 07:41 PM
ALL HAIL THE WAIT LIST!!! I got an email that my Exclusive Han wait list request was going to convert to the real deal! So it looks like I will have both versions by this time next week. That will never fly with my wife... We'll see which one looks better. It seems that the exclusive owners have been pretty happy with their paint jobs. Never would have thought the wait list would work with an ES of only 250! Thanks for cancelling, whoever you are!

Congrats man! :D

elwood49
01-09-2006, 06:15 PM
I got my Regular Han today from Marc. Overall, I'm pleased with it, but the paint job is FAR from the prototype. I can't even see the scar on his chin anymore. Maybe I'll get lucky and get an Exclusive off of the Wait List so I can compare the 2.

BTW, is the scope supposed to come off the gun?:confused: Mine did, but it slides right back into place. If it isn't supposed to come off, I won't bother Marc with a return. It's nothing that a toothpick with a drop of supergule can't fix. :)

wookilar8
01-09-2006, 06:45 PM
I just got my regular Solo today and I love it. I liked it so much that I cancelled the exclusive from the wait list. If people are on the fence with this, don't hesitate, it's a winner! My only complaint is that the color of the shirt is too gray, not yellow enough. :banana

rogue5
01-09-2006, 09:17 PM
I got mine today as well and I'm am totally stoked!:wacky This is bay far one of the best pieces Sideshow has released. If you are a Solo freak like me, then you have no choice but to pick this piece up.

One caveat though..be careful with the blaster as my scope popped off when I was posing him. It's easily repairable, but just be aware.

JustinLuck
01-10-2006, 03:49 AM
My only complaint is that the color of the shirt is too gray, not yellow enough. :banana

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7268/anewhope13re.jpg

The material on the model also looks stiffer than the fabric used for the actual shirt. How does it feel in person?

Mini-Rock
01-10-2006, 05:29 AM
I got my Regular Han today from Marc. Overall, I'm pleased with it, but the paint job is FAR from the prototype. I can't even see the scar on his chin anymore. Maybe I'll get lucky and get an Exclusive off of the Wait List so I can compare the 2.

BTW, is the scope supposed to come off the gun?:confused: Mine did, but it slides right back into place. If it isn't supposed to come off, I won't bother Marc with a return. It's nothing that a toothpick with a drop of supergule can't fix. :)

Congrats el! Regarding the paint job, try returning it for another. If you are unhappy with how it turned out, there is no reason you should keep it especially when the paint app on mine and others have turned out so well. :)

Congrats wookilar8 and rogue5. It truly is an exquisite piece and a perfect addition to any high-end collection.

Rugby1970
01-14-2006, 04:00 PM
Got my Premium Solo a few weeks ago and absolutely love it! While it's true the paint is not as detailed as the prototype, I have to admit i wasn't really surprised. Toy companies and statue creators have always had problems getting their final products to match the prototypes. Sideshow has been more successful that others in my opinion.

Pamela Voorhees is probably the best example of a design gone wrong in the production phase... others, however, have held up remarkably well... Der Kindestod from the Buffy line is probably one of the best in terms of holding up.

I think boards like these will only help he problems in the long run because Sideshow will continue working in refining the production process.

oxbeard
01-14-2006, 04:07 PM
Yeah, I received mine from Mike at Razor's Edge this past week. I guess I was lucky got a really good one. One minor flaw though was that mine did have a scratch on his right forearm. Not really noticeable as it is covered by the sleeve and can easily be fixed myself. I have no doubt that Mike would replace it if I asked because he is great, but I don't want to risk getting a worse portrait.

Bottom line, another very pleased Han Solo owner. Definitely glad I went with the regular over the exclusive on this one too. :banana

tomandshell
01-14-2006, 04:12 PM
I received my regular Solo and peeked in at him. The paint job was beautiful and not at all orange. Exclusive Han will soon be on his way, so I am going to wait and compare the two before choosing the one with the superior paint job to keep. I would love the exclusive, but if regular's face looks better I will have a hard time sending him away. I am grateful that I have the chance to compare the two in person and make my decision based on the real thing!