Long Beach, Ca Comic Con Oct. 2-4, 2009

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It appears that they are attempting to showcase comic books a little more than SDCC does any more.

I would be great with a second comic-con every year. Especially when they are so close to home.

I wonder if Sideshow will be there.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/general/whos-the-best-batman-voice-in-animation-you-decide/?tracker=4075"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/general/whos-the-best-batman-voice-in-animation-you-decide/?tracker=4075" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>
It appears that they are attempting to showcase comic books a little more than SDCC does any more.

I would be great with a second comic-con every year. Especially when they are so close to home.

I wonder if Sideshow will be there.

It would be cool...

you guys wanna hear a gossip?

Mr. Governator is thinking of selling the SD Convention Center in addition to other beatuiful landmarks, which is why LA or LB is trying to be next Comic con.

Mr. Governator is thinking of selling the SD Convention Center in addition to other beatuiful landmarks, which is why LA or LB is trying to be next Comic con.
A lot of Hollywood companies have been trying to move it to L.A. that way they can save money since its close.

No...I don't want to hear any gossip.

Just kidding. To be honest...moving the con to the LA area would make it close enough to me that I could sponsor a Freak Family to stay with me during the Con. I am OK with that. The 2-hour daily drive (one way) is a large part of the reason I don't do that now. A one-hour to one-hour-and-fifteen-minute drive might be a little more bearable for a lot of folks.

The prob with it moving to LA is that downtown LA is no where near as nice, nor safe, nor has as many hotels, nor as many great bars/restaurants as the Gaslamp District in SD.

I agree, ever since the move of anime expo from anaheim/long beach to downtown LA, it SUCKED. The only perk is probably the nokia theater.

The prob with it moving to LA is that downtown LA is no where near as nice, nor safe, nor has as many hotels, nor as many great bars/restaurants as the Gaslamp District in SD.

Yeah, even though I live in LA, I wouldn't want to see it moved here. Downtown LA is truly a scary place, although they are trying to renovate it now.

:lecture

I almost got an apartment next to D^^^'s Last Resort in the Gas Lamp District back in '90!

HAHA, that would have been killer. Some of the ladies almost seem bad for treating you like trash...

TIN-FISH and D***'s Last Resort!

I hope Comic-Con stays in San Diego, mainly for all the reasons you guys have said. The LA Convention Center is just in such a bad area, it would make for a much different experience.

On a side note, I think I might go to the Long Beach Con, just to check it out. At least for one of the days.

Back