PDA

View Full Version : IM Mark III bust issue - Need sideshow reply

akamonrg
07-28-2009, 06:05 AM
Your customers need help sideshow team, some of them experience issue on their bust recently.

The link to thread:
http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60803

And photos for example:
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m208/BCboy_01/P1010943.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/666dvdvore/pb%20iron%20man%20buste/ironmanbustePB1.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e246/noseeb13/IMG_0508.jpg

Bubbles
07-28-2009, 06:15 AM
Theres the reason right there why I won't buy a Vader bust. I just bit the bullet and am respraying mine.....properly.

ozzfan84
07-28-2009, 07:22 AM
These pics really make me worried that it will eventually happen to mine.

Bubbles
07-28-2009, 08:27 AM

Don't look on the Statue Forum as it appears to be happening in lots of cases. If the primer wasn't put on properly it's only a matter of time. This item should have been recalled.

Nacho
07-28-2009, 08:44 AM

I'm also getting that feeling...:(

BadMoon
07-28-2009, 08:45 AM
I still don't get why people don't just pick up the phone and call them. This is a fan forum not the Sideshow customer hotline. :dunno

FQRizzo
07-28-2009, 08:46 AM
I still don't get why people don't just pick up the phone and call them. This is a fan forum not the Sideshow customer hotline. :dunno

:lecture :lecture :lecture

furystorm
07-28-2009, 08:51 AM
Is this something that is possible to happen with other high end pieces from SS? Or is it due to the nature of what looks like a metallic type of paint? There was mica in the paint of my previous car, and I never had any issue like this, but then of course, an automobile manufacturer would know how to apply metallic paint properly.

akamonrg
07-28-2009, 09:35 AM

Yep but if I didn't write this post a lot of people have ignored this flaw and discovered one day.
Each person who have this problem will see with sideshow but I want sideshow to tell us that nothing like this will happened on IM 1:2 Maquette for example.
I want sideshow to see that something is wrong with this bust.

I have nothing to win, I send back mine month ago when have this issue and was thinking to be alone with 2-3 other french collector.
But finally not, more bust than expected have this issue.

We are on board to talk about all we like but to prevent the community too when something going wrong.

You can read on thread, lot of collector want sideshow to reply on this and guarantee IM 1:2 Scale Maquette will not have this issue.

creature4000
07-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Ever hear of strength in numbers???

This is a good place to ask this.. followed by a phone call.

brewt1mer
07-28-2009, 09:43 AM
i wouldnt be surprised if the vader 1.1 bust ends up being a f@@k up so im out im not buying one

ozzfan84
07-28-2009, 10:32 AM

In other threads and forums, people have called; but they've been told it will take up to 10 days for a response. I could understand people being antsy about this.

Batman29
07-28-2009, 10:32 AM
C'mon people, one bust or statue out of many many successful ones does not dictate whether or not all the other ones are going to be awful.

Let's remember all the fine pieces SS has done, including many busts, throughout the years, and within the last year. All successful, mint, high end collectable pieces. And their customer service has been exceptional.

I do agree that the IM bust was, well, a bust. Am I disappointed in SS for this release? Yes. Does it mean all their others will be like this? Absolutely NOT. They are not a fly by night company, they are still a company that does care about their product and quality.

I wish they handled the IM bust scenario better. I wish they had numbered them. But they did not.

They will learn from this, and they will improve.

As a result, I have faith in them, and I have ordered the exc Vader bust. It did not even cross my mind.

And as for starting this thread, as long as it does not get insulting and offensive like some can, this is an opportunity for SS to listen to their customers in order to improve their QC.

Bubbles
07-28-2009, 10:44 AM
[QUOTE=Batman29;1876364]Let's remember all the fine pieces SS has done, including many busts, throughout the years, and within the last year. All successful, mint, high end collectable pieces. And their customer service has been exceptional.[QUOTE]

The point is it's not just the odd case with the Ironman busts, i've had 3 Patient Zeros sent back because of faults, 1 Ironman bust with bad paint among other flaws and 1 Indy PF who looked like he'd been on the sunbed a tad long. The least said abut the Scar, Celtic Predator bios the better, Predator PF with oversized cannon and head out of scale. The words 'Badly painted Chinese made crap' springs to mind not 'mint high end collectable pieces'.
QC is non existant and i've cancelled all my pre orders until it changes.

The Mike
07-28-2009, 10:46 AM
In all honesty, SSC hasn't had the best luck with Iron Man pieces. I have almost all of them and every time I opened the box I took a breath before looking at it. Every single Iron Man piece done by SSC has a lot of pieces arriving with scratches and issues with the paint. I'm just surprised that this one has so many....

ozzfan84
07-28-2009, 10:47 AM
C'mon people, one bust or statue out of many many successful ones does not dictate whether or not all the other ones are going to be awful.

Weren't most of the Iron Man releases plagued with issues?

Bullseye
07-28-2009, 10:54 AM
Mine arrived in perfect condition and I have had it a few months and now it's starting to flake on the base. It was in a darkly light room and not in direct sunlight. So I would expec this to happen with them all at some stage.

Mesa
07-28-2009, 11:02 AM
unacceptable at this price point. As awesome as the few "good" ones are, the chance that the paint will eventually chip and flake has definitely decided for me that I will never put down the money for this.

Just speculating here, but either painted when dirty/dusty, bad prime job, or the base material just doesn't hold paint well.

POWER1010
07-28-2009, 01:50 PM
Don't look on the Statue Forum as it appears to be happening in lots of cases. If the primer wasn't put on properly it's only a matter of time. This item should have been recalled.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Silent December
07-28-2009, 10:53 PM
What are the odds of the BD bust having the same issues? I'm considering buying either one of the upcoming busts but these issues with the Mark III have really turned me off.

Beerbelly Bob
07-28-2009, 11:00 PM
This is why I'm afraid to order the Iron man 1:2 maquette.

tnaig001
07-28-2009, 11:04 PM
What are the odds of the BD bust having the same issues? I'm considering buying either one of the upcoming busts but these issues with the Mark III have really turned me off.

In the case of the BD one, the paint peels could easily pass off as part of the BD so it wouldn't be so glaring. :monkey1

tnaig001
07-28-2009, 11:09 PM
I have the same issues with my IM bust and even though there have been a string of problems lately, I'm still confident that they'll improve.

I'm glad they're still pushing themselves with Vader's 1:1 bust and the slew of cool star wars offering not to mention the busts coming from AVP-R.

They've my support. They've done much more RIGHT than wrong and that should be deserving of some credit.

just my 2 cents

Atheris
07-30-2009, 09:43 AM
This is why I'm afraid to order the Iron man 1:2 maquette.

Just order it....worst that can happen is you have to send it back and get a refund. Then its SS problem from there...

Chris

creature4000
08-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Just order it....worst that can happen is you have to send it back and get a refund. Then its SS problem from there...

Chris

even with a non refundable fee???

I'm shock Sideshow is avoiding this topic. :monkey3

Darklord Dave
08-05-2009, 02:00 PM
even with a non refundable fee???

I'm shock Sideshow is avoiding this topic. :monkey3

They aren't avoiding the topic, it's something best taken up with costumer service on a case by case basis.

uscmhicks
08-05-2009, 02:31 PM
They've my support. They've done much more RIGHT than wrong and that should be deserving of some credit.

just my 2 cents

:lecture

This problem sucks and sideshow may not have taken the best ways in fixing it but I think they will be very well aware of the situation and how much it will be affecting how they look as a company. I really doubt anything this bad will happen again or at least for a long time. This could put some people off buying anything from them as a company and whilst thats a step to far imo its still a possiblity so sideshow will know how serious this matter is.
If they do or don't say anything about this matter I'm still pretty sure they know and are doing something about it.
Personally I'm glad I decided to never buy one but if I would have and this ended up happening I would simply call sideshow or whoever I purchased this from direct and inform them of the problem.

Wanderer
08-05-2009, 03:09 PM
The thing is, this is potentially a real turn off for the average buyer who may not be able to afford getting high end pieces like this on a regular basis. We save our hard earned cash and expect a top quality end product to match the price. To see these horror stories about flakey paint puts us off buying these often stunning pieces. Imo its very damaging for a company who pride themselves in their openess, to not address this issue openly. At the very least i'd like to see a Sideshow rep admit to the issue and confirm they are addressing it for their future products.
Simply saying 'Call customer service' doesn't cut it. Like many, i'm hesitant about shelling out on their high end gear when we dont know if it could happen again...and thats a damn shame

creature4000
08-06-2009, 01:31 PM
The thing is, this is potentially a real turn off for the average buyer who may not be able to afford getting high end pieces like this on a regular basis. We save our hard earned cash and expect a top quality end product to match the price. To see these horror stories about flakey paint puts us off buying these often stunning pieces. Imo its very damaging for a company who pride themselves in their openess, to not address this issue openly. At the very least i'd like to see a Sideshow rep admit to the issue and confirm they are addressing it for their future products.
Simply saying 'Call customer service' doesn't cut it. Like many, i'm hesitant about shelling out on their high end gear when we dont know if it could happen again...and thats a damn shame

I agree 100% with this statement.

uscmhicks
08-06-2009, 02:53 PM
your right , I do think they should say something , I think that would be a good move for sideshow. That said though I do think they will learn from this and make sure nothing like this happens again regardless of if they speak or not.
Or at least I hope they do !.

killrhertz
08-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Im not sure if this is right for this thread or not but all issues aside with what has happened with the iron man bust to the countless people with this bust (as i have one on the way, and this problem could possibly happen) alot of people will not be able to get a refund or only partial there of, has anyone completely repainted or had it repainted with any steps that they can advise others to follow to correct this problem? Obviously there are some spots that a spray gun cant get to or if they can somehow be taken apart so paint can be applied properly. As many would agree it shouldnt have to be that a bust of this price should have to be repainted not long after purchase but it is a great bust and some of us will just be stuck with the problem. I know mine wont be being sent back as its an international purchase so the next best thing is to fix the problem myself. Any others interested as well... Who knows a good repaint may make it better than the original.

Bullseye
08-10-2009, 04:48 AM
Has anyone heard back from SS yet?

Faken
08-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Im not sure if this is right for this thread or not but all issues aside with what has happened with the iron man bust to the countless people with this bust (as i have one on the way, and this problem could possibly happen) alot of people will not be able to get a refund or only partial there of, has anyone completely repainted or had it repainted with any steps that they can advise others to follow to correct this problem? Obviously there are some spots that a spray gun cant get to or if they can somehow be taken apart so paint can be applied properly. As many would agree it shouldnt have to be that a bust of this price should have to be repainted not long after purchase but it is a great bust and some of us will just be stuck with the problem. I know mine wont be being sent back as its an international purchase so the next best thing is to fix the problem myself. Any others interested as well... Who knows a good repaint may make it better than the original.

The only complete repaint that I am aware of was done nicely by Ruprekt at SF... here's the thread:

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=84606&highlight=iron+repaint

Final pics posted here:

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=85383&highlight=iron+repaint

Dan

Chicky
08-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Thanks for posting into this thread. Rest assured we have had very few issues of this nature reported to us and it is not indicative of the entire line. Our production members our on the line quality controlling several Iron Man products so be rest assured there are no worries of future issues of this nature.

If your item is showing paint peeling of the nature similar to the first photos posted to this thread then please contact our Returns Department directly so you can be assisted. Returns@SideshowCollectibles.com or (800) 474-3746. If you are e-mailing us please include you full contact information, date and place of purchase and including detailed photos of the areas in question would be extremely helpful!

Best,
Chicky

Atheris
08-18-2009, 12:31 AM
Thanks for posting into this thread. Rest assured we have had very few issues of this nature reported to us and it is not indicative of the entire line. Our production members our on the line quality controlling several Iron Man products so be rest assured there are no worries of future issues of this nature.

If your item is showing paint peeling of the nature similar to the first photos posted to this thread then please contact our Returns Department directly so you can be assisted. Returns@SideshowCollectibles.com or (800) 474-3746. If you are e-mailing us please include you full contact information, date and place of purchase and including detailed photos of the areas in question would be extremely helpful!

Best,
Chicky

Going by this statment, does this mean I can rest assured my 1/2 Iron man will arrive as advertised?....Because if it doesnt and it looks like the 1:1 bust again...Im sending Sideshow a bill for $2000 just for putting me through the headache again.

Chris

Nosferatu
08-18-2009, 04:28 AM
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff26/romas1995/sdcc19ironmanhalfscale.jpg

i hope this is dust.

MikeBrown30
08-18-2009, 04:57 AM
^^^^

I've seen some of the close up photos, and it was pretty dusty. Don't panic yet......

Atheris
08-18-2009, 11:54 AM
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff26/romas1995/sdcc19ironmanhalfscale.jpg

i hope this is dust.

That doesnt look like dust to me....actually I remember my 1:1 bust having the same paint app in tight areas. Even when I wiped it with a static dust sweaper it wouldnt come off. I think its just the way the paint is applied in small areas.....take a look inside the hands, elbow joints and boots. Its all the same dark color. This is already starting to make me nervous because it looks like they hired the same painters as last time. Theirs no reason on a statue that big they should have spots like that.

Chris

Faken
08-23-2009, 03:01 PM
Looks like the Flash is doing that with the flat black areas and washes.