Free Hug signs, SDCC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joyrock001

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Can someone explain this to me?

I get they are giving out hugs, but I see it kinda wierd as you pay 75 dollars just to walk around hoping for human contact. Yes I know it was also some campaign to spread love by some dude who was on operah. I just didnt like being cut off at Comic Con by some fat kid who hasnt showered hoping for a hug.

So really, whats the deal with the giant ball of people hugging each other (all in anime cosplay as well...coincidence probally not)

I thought they were emo kids. But what do I know? I started noticing them last year. They're not all bad, and I think maybe they need attention.

I don't understand the question...
How were you cutoff @ ComicCon?
:dunno...

We were walking and the HUGE wall of anime kids froze up, they were outside the autograph area getting hugs and running around doing Caramelldancin. I would feel kinda bad if I were their parents, begging for hugs from random people. I guess we were all raised differently.

I just don't get it, thats all. Just really doesnt make any sense to me.

I thought they were emo kids. But what do I know?.

You know a lot, you hit the nail on the head.

is this like the guy from the sick puppies video from a few years back (that was a great song btw).

edit:
object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/vr3x_RRJdd4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/vr3x_RRJdd4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

good thing I didnt see the free hugs people if they stopped in front of me I would have just kept walking even if that meant running right into to them or even knocking them over. I had no patience for people this year.

Ya thats Juan Mann or whatever his name is, his "Free Hug" movement is now banned in Sydney due to invading personal space. He claims its public "fear".

Im glad im not the only one who noticed this and just thought "Wow I thought I was wierd", Freaks you guys are legit.

Nothings free in this world, even hugs. If only the water that you pay for to wash the smell off.

dude, depending on my mood, if someone came up to me with the free hug nonsense, i'd twist their outstretched arms and break their elbows and shoulders.

OR

i'd try to "fill up" real fast and press the pelvis in hard for the hug and make em regret wanting to hug me.

OR

i'd drop my pants to my ankles and stumble around demanding hugs.

we're doomed as a society aren't we?

I dont know I can somewhat deal with all the crap at the con but not this year. I swear I was there 15 min and was already to snap.

Ya it was kinda horrible, I thought the heat was making me sticky then I realized it was the dense stink I was walking through. Next year im bringing sampled of deodorant and body spray for people. This chick kept lifting her arms to take pictures, I felt the inside of my face melting.

Strollers are evil

Ya it was kinda horrible, I thought the heat was making me sticky then I realized it was the dense stink I was walking through. Next year im bringing sampled of deodorant and body spray for people. This chick kept lifting her arms to take pictures, I felt the inside of my face melting.

Strollers are evil
The fat people scooters are worse. Last year some dude ran into me like 5 times so when he stopped we disconnected his battery.:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Scream if Twilight ruined Comic-Con?

scribbled on a torn piece of cardboard like a homeless guy? I saw that! And there were screams too!

i wish we could have a freaks get together without the totally lameness that is comic con.

Back