To Sell or Not to Sell??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairlesswookiee

PALPATINE CRUSADER!!!!
Reaction score
ok, in april when i camped out in line to pre-order the Exclusive General Grievous i was all hyped and excited because it (still) looks amazing. after reading the books and seeing the movie i still like the character. but now ive kind of lost interest in this piece and would rather save the money for my spring break trip. (im a senior in college and have never done anything but work on spring break) so here's my question--- should i just cancel my order, suck it up and get it anyways, or turn around and sell it after i get it???

--i also have the obi wan and darth maul 1:1 on order so my credit card is gonna be hating me after all is said and done.

Cancle the Grievous and get the reg on Ebay for $300. That will save you $150 and get you the statue, then you're a two time winner...

Jesse

Go enjoy Spring Break, the piece is nice, but with all these companies producing their own version of Grevious there wont be a shortage of them. IMO it is not worth the price since he is a minor character, in 1 movie and only seen for about 10 mins.

He might not have been the best character, but the cape on the exclusive makes this piece, in my opinion.

Darth Waller said:
He might not have been the best character, but the cape on the exclusive makes this piece, in my opinion.
Among Other Things.............I am A Big Fan Of this Piece I hope It Doesn't Dissapoint.................................:banana .......It Looks better and better!!!:horror

hairlesswookiee said:
ok, in april when i camped out in line to pre-order the Exclusive General Grievous i was all hyped and excited because it (still) looks amazing. after reading the books and seeing the movie i still like the character. but now ive kind of lost interest in this piece and would rather save the money for my spring break trip. (im a senior in college and have never done anything but work on spring break) so here's my question--- should i just cancel my order, suck it up and get it anyways, or turn around and sell it after i get it???

--i also have the obi wan and darth maul 1:1 on order so my credit card is gonna be hating me after all is said and done.

Hey Wookie,

If you can handle the extra amount being on your already battle weary credit card, I would suggest keeping the exclusive and selling it on.

There will be plenty of collector's out there who would be prepared to pay for this. Even though he was not a 'main' character who was only in the film for the duration of a approx 5mins in total, this is an amazing piece.

I know you would make your money back and possibly be in profit as I recently paid £350 -$630? for one on eBay. If only i had read this post earlier I could have made you an offer. Dooooh!:banghead

Regards, The Cookie

Sideshow is just beginning to be a familiar name to many Star Wars fans. Their two figure lines are going to become more and more popular and reknown as time passes. Grievous, while perhaps not that impressive a character in the film, was surely an interesting design, well captured here by Sideshow. The exclusive 1/4 scale figure gets my vote as the most impressive piece I have seen, from Sideshow or anybody else for that matter. I was all ready to cancel it, since it is really expensive and I just couldn't justify spending that much on a collectible. Now, having seen the caped version in person, I can't justify cancelling it. Once those who can afford this piece (and have room to display it) get their hands on it, they will be keeping it. It won't take long for demand to exceed supply. I am pretty happy that I have reserved one of the 1500 that will be available.

tomandshell said:
Sideshow is just beginning to be a familiar name to many Star Wars fans. Their two figure lines are going to become more and more popular and reknown as time passes. Grievous, while perhaps not that impressive a character in the film, was surely an interesting design, well captured here by Sideshow. The exclusive 1/4 scale figure gets my vote as the most impressive piece I have seen, from Sideshow or anybody else for that matter. I was all ready to cancel it, since it is really expensive and I just couldn't justify spending that much on a collectible. Now, having seen the caped version in person, I can't justify cancelling it. Once those who can afford this piece (and have room to display it) get their hands on it, they will be keeping it. It won't take long for demand to exceed supply. I am pretty happy that I have reserved one of the 1500 that will be available.
After viewing the han solo pics from the other thread I can assure you that Grievous for now is the piece to own..........Luke Did not like to much and to be honest Hand did not look to good from those pics.......:slap ..........I have now I serious Concern About The Human Characters of these Line.....But I think Vader will Be Ok.............I Hope I have The EX On Order...:rolleyes:

The sculpt is very good but early PICs of the cape looked bad.
Does anyone know if SS has improved the color and fabric
of the cape?

I don't think we've seen pics of the real cape yet. I've seen it and it looks excellent.

I really don't think many of the PFs will skyrocket in value, I would make your decision with the understanding that you can always get it later. The only exception to this may be the Han, but after the pics .... :sick

hairlesswookiee.....I would personally keep General Grevious, and Cancel the life size busts.
The General despite being a minor character in Ep3 is going to show outstanding detail when released, and will probably be the most detailed, and complicated of all the premium format figures to be released by Sideshow.

The cape makes the figure. I wouldn't cancel it. I agree, Sideshow made the best grievious so far, better than attakus' version. It will be the piece to own. I also hope the fabric quality will be high and not scaled down for the shipped version. I've been a little disappointed with some of the costuming fabric choices, especially the thin pleather, but sideshow made an effort to make the Luke belt much better, so the star wars line will hopefully stay a notch above.

Last edited:
There are some close-ups of the cape on SS's website:

71261_image03.jpg

71261_image04.jpg

Looks sweet to me!

WOW! How'd I miss those close-up shots?! The cape is definitely better than I originally thought. :D

The cape looks great, but hopefully the red lining will be darkened a bit. It's a significantly brighter color than it appears in the film.

SpenK said:
After viewing the han solo pics from the other thread I can assure you that Grievous for now is the piece to own..........Luke Did not like to much and to be honest Hand did not look to good from those pics.......:slap ..........I have now I serious Concern About The Human Characters of these Line.....But I think Vader will Be Ok.............I Hope I have The EX On Order...:rolleyes:

Exactly right. Sideshow very often can not get the likeness right on human characters. Luke and Han (especially Luke) look like imposters. :D

tomandshell said:

Was wondering if you also saw one without the cape IN PERSON or if anyone else has? Is the caped version much nicer? If one can get the statue for $150 less and not get the cape, which should they go with?

Back