Chernabog PF in the works

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not going to be much mixed media as far as I could tell. The sketch shown didn't have the fully extended wings - but this is going to be a huge fella I'm sure.

This will indeed be a big piece. I'd like to have it, but size and price may knock it out of my range.

I've been collecting Disney villans off and on for over 20 years. I think the villans are the most conceived, well drawn, and interesting characters. I've not found any Chernabog that had me excited enough to get (for the prices). I was the MOST excited about the announcement for ole Cherno. Wanted to stand up and cheer when I saw the art at the panel.

As for the "pretty" pieces -- let Disney/Enesco do them. There's enough princesses and good guys already out there. :naughty Let's give the villans the full treatment they deserve.

As for the "pretty" pieces -- let Disney/Enesco do them. There's enough princesses and good guys already out there. :naughty Let's give the villans the full treatment they deserve.

I like the way you think. I'm still not sure I'm going to buy a Cinderella or other princess PF. Might look a little strange next to my Darkness PF. :lol

I've been collecting Disney villans off and on for over 20 years. I think the villans are the most conceived, well drawn, and interesting characters. I've not found any Chernabog that had me excited enough to get (for the prices). I was the MOST excited about the announcement for ole Cherno. Wanted to stand up and cheer when I saw the art at the panel.

I'm the one who asked about the "pretty" pieces at the panel: Snow White, Cinderella, Mickey, Donald.

I disagree with you. I think initially they should go with villains and edgier characters but if the line becomes very popular then they can slowly move into the others: start with an Uncle Scrooge for example. Carl Barks' Scrooge has a huge collector base and he would do well. I would love to see a PF Scrooge all dressed up in fabric. It would be awesome. Then do a very sexy Tink or Jessica Rabbit. Then try Goofy in one of his Sports outfits, then try a Cinderella or Snow White. I'm not saying to go entirely in that way but sprinkle in a few of these amongst the villains for balance.

Very excited about this as well... I really like the WDCC version, but would never pay the asking price.

Be very interested to see how this turns out... and I would say depending on price would be a very likely purchase.

I'm more excited about him then Maleficent. Suppose it might be a good year before we see and actual sculpt :(

But if they just go with the villains, then does that rule out the Beast, since he wasn't the real villain of it all.
If not, then I just couldn't have an amazing Beast PF and not have Belle with him as well.

I read in another thread that they're concentrating on the villains now but they are going to do other characters later.

But if they just go with the villains, then does that rule out the Beast, since he wasn't the real villain of it all.
If not, then I just couldn't have an amazing Beast PF and not have Belle with him as well.

Jack Sparrow isn't a villain. I know he is from a live action movie, but I assume he will still be considered part of the Disney line.

Beast is number one on my list of want's.

Jack Sparrow isn't a villain.

Yup, I know that. Was speaking from the point of view of the animated line.
So you have, Evil Queen, Maleficent and Chernabog.

And then of course you have the live action side, ie Jack. So those are all good guys that we know of.

Basic up shot being, we have Evil for animated and Good for live action, all of which likely to be announced and maybe ship between now and end of 2010.

Maybe the wings will be the mixed media?

chernabog12.jpg

Vinyl? or some other materials? I'm just hoping that this will eventually lead to the mother of all Villainous PFs. Maleficent in Dragon Form.

poster-dragon.jpg

I assume what defines it in any other line. I'm not sure what the exact definition is aside from mixed media and 1/4 scale.

That's why Iron Man is a comiquette even though he is 1/4 scale, he's all poly.

I think the material DC Direct used for Batman's cape would make good wings for him.

Back