Star Wars Celebration V looks like it has been confirmed for 2010.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthJoshy

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hasbro has just posted a promo story for a contest asking fans to create & submit photos of their favorite scenes from the Star Wars Saga using their line of figures. The winner of the contest could get the chance to display their collection... at the 2010 Star Wars Celebration!! Yup, you read that right - looks like Celebration V will indeed take place next year!

Well, I live in IL. so this would work out great for me. :cool:

I'm already considering a trip to Orlando next year to see the new Harry Potter World at Universal Studios. Adding a Star Wars Celebration to the trip would be freakin' sweet.

I believe I read somewhere that Steve Sansweet said that Baltimore, Minneapolis, Chicago, Indianapolis and Orlando are all competing to host Celebration V. I'm not sure what that entails but those are the citys on the short list. I probably won't be able to go but if its in Orlando, I have a Disney Vacation Club timeshare so boarding will be free, that might tips the scales to actually head on over. Also according to other reports its confirmed for late 2010 or early 2011....

I hope it's Orlando! I know they've been rumoring it to be one of the places interested in hosting it. Time will tell!

I vote Orlando...for obvious reasons ;)

orlando-bloom(1).jpg

I would love it if the next Celebration came to Texas. We seem to always miss out on the fun.

Honestly Orlando depending on the time they do C5 would be a nightmare. They are usually done in April/May which are the Peak seasons for Theme Parks in the area. The hotel prices are at their highest because of the beautiful weather, the rainfall is at the lowest average and the humidity isn't all too high. During the Easter Holidays the hotels for the WDW resorts are usually sold out with parks actually closing at capacity by as early as 11 AM. March, April and May are the highest travel/visit times for European visitors to Walt Disney World as well so mix that with the amount of Star Wars fans that would trek to wherever it was held and you've got a logistical nightmare in terms of lodging nearby and in terms of average traffic in the general areas.

how about Celebration 5 AUSTRALIA!!!!!

yeah right!!!! :(

LOL....

"but dreams do come true,don't they?" hehehhee

why dont they ever have these on the EAST coast? I hear NYC is a big place, but yet places like indy get the event...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back