SDCC Dinosauria: Dienosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus - Link in 1st Post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent0028

Inebriated
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Deinosuchus VS Parasaurolophus diorama

Well, I think this puts the question to bed as to whether or not Sideshow will just be depicting dinosaurs! Called that Parasaurolophus, and I'm positively giddy over the Deinosuchus which we've also been bandying about in the other thread. And check out that base! Jesus, I actually cheered aloud when I saw this... :banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

Re: Dienosuchus VS Parasaurolophus diorama

It does looks pretty awesome. I started a thread about it earlier, but it seems to have been lost. You probably didn't even have to go back and forth to make sure you got the spellings right. :lol Well as I said in that post...the vs. dios are tempting me again.

It does looks pretty awesome. I started a thread about it earlier, but it seems to have been lost. You probably didn't even have to go back and forth to make sure you got the spellings right. :lol Well as I said in that post...the vs. dios are tempting me again.

Sorry I missed it in the shuffle. :lol I'm glad to hear you're starting to come back over to the VS. dios. ;) I'm a huge advocate of the direction in which they are taking this line, as a combination of both maquettes and dioramas!

There was such a flurry of threads I'm certain its way down on the bottom page of the general collectibles forum. :lol

I like that they are doing the vs and maquettes, its just the maquettes are much more appealing to me. I think of them as my own little miniature museum pieces.

I hate to see the poor Parasaurolophus in that situation, but this is one exciting piece! Hope they fix the spelling of Deinosuchus on the final product. ;)

I bet this will eventually send Schwimmer's book flying off the shelves. Deinosuchus is a true leviathan. A crocodile with a 3-4 foot long skull is a force to be reckoned with in Cretaceous swamps.

Last edited:

I can't wait to get a better look at the water.

Re: SDCC Dinosauria: Dienosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus

200041crocdio_01.jpg

200041crocdio_03.jpg

200041crocdio_05.jpg

200041crocdio_07.jpg

Looks like a winner.

I can't wait to get a better look at the water.

The base actually does seem like it will be stunning, just from that teasing shot. It's a very interesting choice. We've been tossing about the names of both of the creatures in hopes that they would get some attention, and SS went ahead and paired them in what looks to be stunning. The Deinosuchus is an excellent, excellent choice for a predator to include in a VS dio.

Re: Deinosuchus VS Parasaurolophus diorama

So someone was actually promoting the Parasaurolophus? LoL. Isn't he a bit overdone, like the T-Rex of hadrosaurs? Not that I'm complaining, it's still one of my favorite animals.

I'd still feverishly promote T.rex with every available opportunity were there a campaign going and SS hadn't announced any statues yet. I've done far too much research and written such a glut of papers over the years on the species that it eclipses every other in my mind on a daily basis, including H.sapiens. ;)

Parasaurs have a very distinct look, and I think probably because it's the hadrosaur with which most people are familiar that ushered it to the front of the line. Though as I said prior to the announcement, if rendered in a statue odds are it would be on the receiving end of depredation. Point. :banana
I think they're interesting animals, but to see this scene captured as the prehistoric equivalent of the Nile crocodile clamping onto a Wildebeest is a stunning, graphic, and even quite beautiful rendition to me.

The base does look really cool. I think that is one of the big draws of this piece for me.

And that set of bone-crushing puncture wounds in the Parasaur's thorax and abdomen doesn't hurt at all either, metaphorically speaking. :lol

Last edited:

Wow, this really is a kool and unique piece, but I think I'm gonna have to pick and choose between the dio's, although this is kool, I think the Rex vs Tri dio is prob gonna be my fav and only dio I have in my collection and the rest are gonna be the maquette's, for me anyway, but then again my mind may change once I see the full piece :lol

So now that they previewed this one, I wonder of that means no new maquette announcement during the con?

I don't think we're going to get a maquette.

Written papers? Are you a paleontologist?

Bakker is that you, again? Jeez, man. You gotta have better stuff to do.

Here ya go.

200041crocdio_01.jpg

200041crocdio_03.jpg

200041crocdio_05.jpg

200041crocdio_07.jpg

That's all that's been revealed so far.

Re: SDCC Dinosauria: Dienosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus

Written papers? Are you a paleontologist?

Bakker is that you, again? Jeez, man. You gotta have better stuff to do.

:lol At one point I was going to be, but I couldn't narrow my field of interest to just extinct fauna and came back around to vertebrate biology as a whole. Tomorrow we're set to net songbirds and a Cooper's hawk for blood samples. I'm hoping we'll get lucky with the hawk since they feed principally on songbirds; I'd love to see a feeding before we net. But hey, Bakker's a cosmopolitan guy. Paleontologist and a preacher. That man's one hell of a busy bee, though I wish he'd hunker down and write another book reminiscent of Raptor Red. He's quite the author even when it comes to fictional literature.

I don't think we're going to get a maquette.

It certainly doesn't look that way right now. I'm sure there's no lack of maquette concepts for the future, though.

Back